which song is a combo of playboy mansion and velvet dress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blindinglights

War Child
hey which song on htdaab do you think was described early on as a combination of velvet dress and playboy mansion and why?

blindinglights said:
hey which song on htdaab do you think was described early on as a combination of velvet dress and playboy mansion and why?

Wow. I never thought about that qoute before, but now I can see that it was talking about Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own. That's not how I would describe the song, but I can definitely see how someone else could draw that comparison. The little guitar ringy part during the refrain could remind someone of Edge's solo in Velvet dress, and the verse sort of has the same tone and feel as Playboy mansion.

Again, not how I would describe it, but that has to be the song.

I'm gonna' have to go with "Miracle Drug." Now, I realize that you'll all think I'm high or something, but hear me out!

While the album version of "Velvet" is NOTHING like anything in this song, I just urge those of you who saw the band live or have either seen the song played on the PopMart video or heard it as a b-side to remember the live version of the tune. It had a much more energetic quality to it as it gradually got more and more intense. It's sort of a reverse slow-burn track. "Miracle Drug" is exactly the same way.

Additionally, need we look any further than that crazy old slide guitar on the new track to recognize "Playboy Mansion?" I don't know...there are plenty of arguments to be made, and I think that everybody has so far made a few! Your cases are probably more valid than is my own...but I'll go out on a limb.

I'm hoping none of the new tunes are anything like either of those songs.. the only two I didn't and still don't like from POP.

blindinglights said:

Vertigo.

Back
Top Bottom