Which Album would you like to hear live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2FAN4LIFE

The Fly
:wink: A new album war! ....

Green Day just played a series of concerts promoting their new "rock opera", they would do a set of their new disc in its entirety and in order (with 2 or 3 songs from their catalogue as an encore)

SO, which U2 studio album ( you can only choose one ) would you like to hear them play in its entirety???

AB would be my pick :wink:

AB or UF from start to finish. My heart and head would explode. If I could only hear "Elvis Presley..." live, I think I would melt.

Hmmm....I going to assume or at least take the libery to assume that this hypothetical would be very similar to PF's Pulse, where they performed a disc's worth of song's before playing Dark Side of the Moon in it's entirety. The reason is because I have a hard time just picking one album when there is so much more I would love to hear. But I'm going to narrow it down between Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby.

:eyebrow: interesting....

POP 1 - ATYCLB 0 .... now statistically speaking we don't have much of a sample here :wink: but I have a hunch that the majority would prefer to hear POP live over ATYCLB... any thoughts?

The Wall :bow:

;) come on, I know you´re smiling ;)

PS: actually The Wall is the best live album performed I´ve ever heard :shocked:

Boy.
Unforgettable Fire.
Achtung Baby.

OR

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb...I'm serious, they really should just play the entire LP in it's entirety a couple of days before it's released. Then release it on DVD as a double pack with the CD later on! Then there'd be solid proof of EVERY HTDAAB track being played live so we don't have another 'Acrobat' on our hands...didn't Metallica do that with St. Anger (play the whole thing live and bundle it with the CD issue, or was it someone else?)

Last edited:
I happen to see the UF tour (awesome) - so I would like to see POP live. I was not able to go to a concert on that tour - <priorities - a baby>.

Edgette said:

Have you really heard ALL Mofo Versions ?? :scratch:

I can name you at least 20 versions better than Mexico City :yes:
included the show that I attended, Santiago Chile 11-02-1998. Just listen the last Bono´s line, in Mexico City is awful :(

ponkine said:

included the show that I attended, Santiago Chile 11-02-1998. Just listen the last Bono´s line, in Mexico City is awful :(

I've heard quite a lot of versions, yes. I just happen to love the whole Mexico City show.

I would say, Achtung Baby...

POP- One thing that I had a problem with in terms of Pop was that a lot of the songs played live did not match the quality of the songs on the album (b/c of the production involved I guess)... Songs like - Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, IGWSHA, Velvet Dress, Wake Up Dead Man (Some of my favorites) just didn't sound just as good live.

LOL... Miami isn't my favorite song but the live version was so much better. Talk about a twist. what was the deal with that? LOL

Achtung Baby live songs pretty much close to the album = great/ impressive.

ponkine said:

Ah, you, however had the advantage of BEING there! :wink:

First time I heard the Mexico City version, when Edge played that note and stomped on the pitch shifter, it made me shiver (if I can use such an embarassingly overused expression) it sounds fantastic! Do you have any MP3s of the other Mofos??

Back
Top Bottom