Where do we go from here? A scary moment in our world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
A question I, nor anyone, knows the answer to. As a resident of New York, mere miles from the World Trade Center, with many relatives working in the area and many family and close friends in the NYPD and the NYFD, I ask, what is the proper recourse. We have been attacked. I am still walking around in an absolute state of shock. If this psycho, Osama bin Laden is found behind these attacks, as it appears it must be, with his influence and money and hatred, we must declare war on him and any nation that harbors him. This will not be pretty people. I am left leaning pacifist, but the very fabric of our lives has been changed forever, and drastic measure will be taken. It is a very scary moment in the history of the world. We are facing a different enemy than we have ever faced. I for one, am scared. There are people who are cheering this!?!?! Who are these people? Are they different beings, or are they simply that brainwashed by there maniacal governments?!?! This is not a post to say what should be done. Although I am very well read and up to date on what is going on, I have no idea what should be done. But we are at war now. And I am scared and sad but even more so 24 hours later I am ANGRY. We have to defend ourselves and defend our people and our nation. And I hope to god that the nations of the world who normally try to sit on the fence on such issues for once stand up and pledge thier support to US. Because for once, God know, we finally need it. It feels so trivial to be posting on a U2 message board right now. But god bless you all and I hope everyone is doing ok in this most horrible time in the history of the world.

well, another building has collapsed, more people are missing....what is the answer?? revenge? retribution? justice? Will the USA be forced to become a military state ala the middle east where we must present ID cards to enter a shopping mall? The ramifications of this are currently untinkable, and will be felt for the next 50 to 100 years, probably longer. Such as horrible, and sad and terrible day. Please everyone appreciate the little things, which are the most wonderful things in life. Sorry to post again but I am saddened sitting in my living room watching more horror and yet another WTC building collapsing before my very eyes.

Did any of you ever think this may not be over? There could still be more terrorists out there, ready to strike again. Just tonight on my local news, I saw where two Arab men were taken for questioning by police. They were staying in an apartment complex in Portsmouth, VA I have driven by many times. They had only been there 2 days. They had Mass. plates. Also in the car, there was a map of this area, which includes the huge Norfolk Naval base, an amphibious base, an Army base, and air fields. They were likely connected and could be they were going to strike. I also heard some Arab guys have been detained in Florida. They are suspected to be tied to the terrorists too. I hope not, but there may be more trouble. I'm sure everyone will be more apprehensive this time.

Back
Top Bottom