When you sing along to U2 songs.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which vocal part do you sing?

• Lead (usually Bono)

Votes: 55 78.6%
  • Backing (usually Edge's harmonies)

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Do you sing the lead vocals (Bono) or do you sing Edge's harmonies? I have to say I usually sing Edge's parts because I like Edge more.

I do a mix of both because I lose focus
iconredfacebb2.gif

if i could start a thread now, i would start one asking which album contains the hardest bunch of u2 songs to sing.

i would say UF.

It definitely depends on the song, but I primarily sing Bono's stuff.

when it starts, Bono, obviously...

but when Edge appears, is a no-brainner

besides, I'm in a cover band and I do the chorussssssss... so, I have to "learn"

Neither, I sing harmonies b/c sometimes I can't even sing as high as Bono when he gets going, but not the ones Edge sings (honestly his scare me at times). I rarely sing the melody because it's really hard for me, dunno why, but I've always been an alto and at times it's all I can hear.

I love singing with Bono, if only because in my private fantasy world, I'm a freaking rock star!

But sometimes he sings too low, and it feels wrong to sing things an octave higher, so I don't sing those parts.

And then other times I sing the harmonies because I'm an alto, and that's what altos do. :wink:

edit for the post above: Altos unite! :rockon:

Nine out of ten times it's usually the lead parts, but every now and again it will be the harmonies. I also do alot hand gestures to the music and I just don't know why.

Usually I sing Bono, but I go for Edge if A) the people in my car sing the Bono parts and B) if Edge's part is higher than Bono's.

I'm a soprano...I gotta fly high.

corianderstem, you MUST come to the next U2 karaoke party. people will bow down to our awesome rockstar hawtness.

I always sing Bono's parts accept for live versions of The Fly. Then I sing both Edge's falsetto and Bono's vocals.

Bono's parts mainly. but sometimes Edge also. It depends on the song.

Easiest album to sing along to I would say is a toss up between the last two.

Hardest album possibly Unforgettable Fire or Zooropa.

My Fave song to sing is The Unforgettable Fire or perhaps Red Hill Mining Town.

I dont seem to have a problem hitting the notes. Unfortunately my voice has a tone that is quite hard and abrasive so my singing is pretty much for my pleasure only. I have done backing vocals in a band before though which was cool.

:|

I see you've taken it upon yourself to come in here and make snide remarks about any topic you don't like. We already have Mr Brau, we don't need you to do it, too.

Either that, or you're just reeeeeeeeeeeeally bored.

"Who gives a rat's ass" in the GG thread.

"Are you fucking joking me" in this one.

Snide maybe wasn't the right word, but your apparent crankiness has rubbed me the wrong way this morning. And now I'M cranky about it! :mad:

(I may just need to lighten up and go find some coffee. :wink: )

Ok, Ok try to remember, I'm Mr Prick. Every once and awhile I have prick tendancies.
Anyway, I guess I was just concisely expressing my contempt for the thread. I would think for the most part, folks would select Bono to sing along too. Now last night, I was doing a little partying, so maybe my restraint for my comments wasn't there. I'm sorry if I put anyone in a bad mood.

Back
Top Bottom