When will Vertigo hit the Radio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As I posted in another thread, I emailed my local DJ (Steve from 99x in Atlanta who gave us the rippin' new song quote) and he had not heard of any 30 sec. teasers being sent out to stations this week. I think if there is one, it will be a total surprise to many radio stations. Other than that, it's supposed to be out next week either on Thursday or Friday, depending on where you live however some people in Phoenix claim they've already heard it...

9/24. I don't believe anything else at this point. That's 11 days from now. If someone was going to play it early we'd have heard by now.
Sigh.

Well, if you look at the "countdown to Vertigo" thread, there are two people who said they have been told by relatives that Vertigo was played today on a radio station in Phoenix. It sounds very surprising, but the coincidence of two different people saying the same thing is strange. Unless the people who posted are bullshitting, but somehow I doubt it. Can someone in Phoenix verify that? If Vertigo was indeed played today, this is some seriously big news. Surprising it would not be on the net yet, but possible.

I think the people who heard the song may not have been into U2 and possibly misunderstood the DJ, maybe?
Then again, they gave a discription of the song as having a Spanish intro. That's something that would be very specific to the song...

(<---Look! I have an avatar!)

Wasn't the dude who claimed to have seen Bono's daughter topless talking about one of the songs having spanish in them?

I'm still trying to figure this all out. My friend is a "casual" U2 fan, not a fanatic, but Bono's voice is distintive enough that most people would recognize it as U2. On Friday, he mentioned that the only thing he could really remember from the song was a Spanish part . Who knows?

I'm still waiting on my email that I sent to two DJs at the station.

ZigZag said:
Wasn't the dude who claimed to have seen Bono's daughter topless talking about one of the songs having spanish in them?

Huh??? That didn't actually happen, did it? Did some guy actually claim this?

I'm from Phoenix....I was out of town when this happened on Friday, but my sister definitely knows her music, and for her to come up to me and say that she thinks she heard a new U2 song about Vertigo or something like that on mix 96.9, it happened!

I promise I wouldn't bullshit like that, and I know my sister wouldn't either. When she said she thought she heard the new U2 song I was like no way not possible. Than she mentioned something about Vertigo, without having any prior knowledge of a new song being called Vertigo!!

-Waz

LOL forgive my posts today, I'm home sick after a rough trip. I will talk to my sister tonight AND see if she heard any Spanish sounds.

-Waz

ZigZag said:
Man...is this thread going to turn into a 27 page affair?
But of course, like we have anything else to do...

Huh??? That didn't actually happen, did it? Did some guy actually claim this?

I always kinda assumed there was some sort of error in translation here and she was actually in a convertable or something. I thought there was another post somewhere from a different person who mentioned the spanish thing who was a tad more credible maybe? Anybody want to check pleba?

Ok....so I just talked to my sister and asked her more information about Vertigo.

She says it sounded like a modern guitar sound, as if they were trying hard to rock. She said the guitar had a similar distortion/sound to the band "Jet." She also said that the drums had the tambourine sound similar to that off of ATYCLB.

While she really likes U2, she said the song was kinda lame as if U2 were trying to hard this time around. (Boy I hope she's wrong about that!)

She swears it was U2 up and down. And when I told her about this site & how no one believing it she laughed at me and couldn't believe us "geeks" sit around all day and speculate this stuff!

-Waz

:(

When I think of Jets guitar sound, I think of AC/DC. Let's see... the chorus of New York has a very heavy distorted sound that wasn't signature U2.

Don't let one person's opinion ruin the song. It's going to be a edgier hard rock song with some computer tricks. Not a Jet song.

Ya i'm crossing my fingers that my sister's wrong. She really likes just about every U2 song that was ever put out so I was surprised to hear her say she was disappointed w/ what she's heard of Vertigo so far.

-Waz

wasilefsky said:
Ya i'm crossing my fingers that my sister's wrong. She really likes just about every U2 song that was ever put out so I was surprised to hear her say she was disappointed w/ what she's heard of Vertigo so far.

-Waz

Well... that's a different story...

Nooooooooo *cries*

We need more focus on this Phoenix story, there must be more people out there who heard it or can find out the story behind the DJ's who played it. How did they get a hard copy ? I thought the only copies were in the posession of the IPOD carrying guy ? :ohmy:

But she was the one that came to me and asked if it was called "Vertigo." Unless Jet has a song where they sing Vertigo, I truly believe what she heard was the new U2!! Someone else mentioned a friend heard it in Phoenix on Mix 96.9....granted I know there's no proof to everyone, but I have no clue who the guy on Interference.com is who claims his friend heard it as well.

In addition, I would never in a million years start posting a bunch of B.S. regarding Vertigo. I was up with everyone during the Indie 103.1 scam and it really pissed me off. I am 100% confident that what my sister heard was Vertigo, the new U2 single!

-Waz

The fact that two different independent sources are claiming Vertigo was played on this Phoenix radio station tells me that it is true. I wish someone had recorded it but who records the radio all day.

Back
Top Bottom