When will the album leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When will the album leak?

• Before February 13th

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • February 13th

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • February 14th

Votes: 22 5.0%
  • February 15th

Votes: 26 5.9%
  • February 16th

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • February 17th

• February 18th

• February 19th

Votes: 24 5.5%
  • After February 19th

Votes: 257 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Cornell's new album Scream has leaked, the release date is March 10th... :hmm:

I've pre-ordered the Box set and the vinyl - you bet I'm downloading leaked tracks!

Me too. I will buy the simple cd-version in my local record shop. Box and vinyl ordered on the net.

As soon as illegal downloads are available I will take them from the electronic highway and listen to it. ON and On and on.:lol::lol:

i really really really want them right now, Its my birthday.... ive got the CD book and dvd on preorder too, that doesnt stop me wanting to hear the album. come on leak i want ot hear it all not just 30 sec clips...

On the farbeat site...did the album cover (up there the last couple of days) contain the equal signs? I could be losing my mind, but I thought they weren't included (the version with the equal signs is there now). Maybe an update of the album cover means...?

if i do recall Bomb was leaked on a sunday morning the first weekend of november, and the album was released the monday/tuesday before thanksgiving.

soooo that's about 3 weeks before the release, give or take a few days.

if the same leak pattern happens this time around, we'll see No Line by this Sunday.

I think we should use Boots as reference not the last albums...
This time everything is so tight and controlled. Probably if the albums leaks it will be very close to the official release.

I think we should use Boots as reference not the last albums...
This time everything is so tight and controlled. Probably if the albums leaks it will be very close to the official release.

For Boots there was only a digital release about to happen - it's STILL not released as a physical single. Much harder to prevent a leak when they're manufacturing physical product....

Of course, I have heard Chris Cornell's new sound isn't that great. Didn't he collaborate with some rapper?

Timbaland. It’s pretty bad. The idea is fine though. I really like the Beck/Danger Mouse album and I’d love to hear the more atmospheric Eno-esque end of U2 put through the blender of someone like DJ Shadow or RjD2. But yeah, Cornell/Timbaland just couldn’t get it together.

For Boots there was only a digital release about to happen - it's STILL not released as a physical single. Much harder to prevent a leak when they're manufacturing physical product....

How many people have already listened to the album around the world?
And all we got was the 30 sec clips from walmart. I believe this time they mean business about not letting this album leaks.

I pre ordered the digital version and I'm planning to buy what ever else I find of NLOTH...so you can bet when I see a leak I'm downloading it..lol I'm sooo excited..I really do hope it leaks soon...those 30 second clips sound fabulous!! :hyper:

There was something interesting when Coldplay was on 60 minutes. There was a sign which had a set of rules for the band. One of them was that promo/review copies of their albums were only going to be sent out in Vinyl because it avoids the copying issue and sounds better.

Because it's impossible to copy a vinyl album to a PC?

Because it's impossible to copy a vinyl album to a PC?
Actually, I'm pretty sure there are programs designed for exactly that purpose. It might even be easier to copy that to PC than a CD...you can't copy-protect vinyl, after all! :D

Yeah but guys who get promo Vinyls aren't gonna jump through hoops to convert them... On the other hand you can rip a CD with a lot of media player programs out there.

How many people have already listened to the album around the world?
And all we got was the 30 sec clips from walmart. I believe this time they mean business about not letting this album leaks.

Yeah, they do mean business. And yeah, a number of people have heard the album, but just the once under controlled circumstances. When the factory's have to print 100,000 or so copies, it will be difficult to maintain the same level of security.....

Yeah, they do mean business. And yeah, a number of people have heard the album, but just the once under controlled circumstances. When the factory's have to print 100,000 or so copies, it will be difficult to maintain the same level of security.....

They still rely far more on luck than security. The album would be around, 'out there', it just hasn't fallen into the hands of someone who either wants to or cares to spread it online yet. But you're right, from the moment the replication and distribution process starts - which would have likely been this week - that number of people starts multiplying dramatically.

They still rely far more on luck than security. The album would be around, 'out there', it just hasn't fallen into the hands of someone who either wants to or cares to spread it online yet. But you're right, from the moment the replication and distribution process starts - which would have likely been this week - that number of people starts multiplying dramatically.

Exactly. We are getting closer and closer to a leak......:applaud:

I'm still betting on the guy at FarBeat. He's an admin at the site and he leaked Springsteen, which is a pretty big release. I think he's legit. Plus he updated, granted it was something we already had but...I feel like we'll have it within the next few days

I think we'll have it before Valentine's Day. Either tomorrow, or on the 11th or 12th.

I'm guessing that it'll leak earlier than we think. My reasoning is that Japan gets the album on the 27th, and someone could leak the Japanese version.

(Unlikely, but fingers crossed.)

EDIT: Yeah, a leak on V-Day would be incredibly cool, especially since I have a long weekend around that day. (Thank you, dead presidents!)

I'm still betting on the guy at FarBeat. He's an admin at the site and he leaked Springsteen, which is a pretty big release. I think he's legit. Plus he updated, granted it was something we already had but...I feel like we'll have it within the next few days

Did he update the cover? I thought he had one up there without equal signs. That seems to have changed a couple of hours ago. I think he's telling us to read between the lines.

Did he update the cover? I thought he had one up there without equal signs. That seems to have changed a couple of hours ago. I think he's telling us to read between the lines.

I honestly can't remember if he updated the cover. But I can tell you I refresh the page every 5 minutes :wink:

He did update the cover. But I still don't hold out much hope that anything is going to arrive via that site. If it does, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom