What's the most expensive U2 item in your collection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
flameandthefire said:

Hey, don't be sad! There is really no need to. These guys who own some rare stuff are not any better fans than anybody else. Always remember that.

:hug:

:sad: I know...I just want to meet U2 so bad and hopefully have something tangible like an autograph or pic to remember that moment with....I'm scared I never will... :sad:

Hey, don't be sad! There is really no need to. These guys who own some rare stuff are not any better fans than anybody else. Always remember that.

True enough. We all store our treasure differently. Some people show their love for U2 by posting on the blue crack 10000 times, some write poetry, some get a tattoo, some follow U2 around the world on tour, some choose to collect and most U2 fans show their love in more mysterious ways. There are millions of people who simply buy a U2 album and have never checked out a U2 site or have been to a U2 concert.

I've never met the band, even though I've seen them in concert a bunch of times. And although I'm jealous at times of others who have met them and gotten autographs, I just know that it's really not me to spend hours waiting at a hotel for that off-chance (I've spent like 15 minutes once, but I felt goofy and went home :wink: ). I'm a more solitary fan, showing my love for U2 in different ways. Although I'm sometimes surprised that people on this board have never owned legal copies of AB or JT, I don't doubt that they love the band as much or more as I do.

Obsession does not equal love. It just equals obsession.

-- Baby don't cry -- Bono Electrical Storm

... i'm not sure if you could put a price on it, but I've got a very very nice demo tape for one of the albums...

My website. I don't even want to think about what that many shows in that many places with that many rolls of film cost....

But I am so damn glad you went to all those many shows in all those many places and took all that film.....we have the privilege of looking at all the many wonderful photos you've taken of our boys.

That would be my iPodU2. But then adding up all the concert tickets over 23 years of fandom would produce quite a number, too.

Priceless items include a Larry drumstick and a cocktail napkin bearing autographs of all 4 band members.

I would say the most priceless thing is a letter of recommendation that Bono wrote for me. Then there are some photos of stuff that he wrote on my arms the first night I met him. I also have a note he wrote me after I told him I was getting married. Such a nice guy!
Money spent? All the travel to see the shows!

Back
Top Bottom