What's the length of your U2 CD collection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
What's the length of your U2 CD collection?

'rules'
----------------
Please only count track lengths from CDs that you own.

CDs must not be CD-Rs, and should be either Official releases, promos, or professional bootlegs (with professional packaging) which you have purchased (again, not CD-Rs or copies).

Vinyl, cassette, dvd/video should not be counted.

Please state length in 'DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS' and '# of TRACKS'
----------------

UPDATE:
There are two ways to calculate this....
1. The manual way - grab each CD, use a calculator and add up the track lengths - on a piece of paper, note the total length and the # of tracks. Add up the entire sheet when youre done with each CD.

2. The easy way - IF you have all of your CDs encoded to MP3, load them ALL into Winamp (for example) and open the Playlist window. Let the playlist window calculate the times for each track, when it's done, check the bottom for total time as well as total tracks.
--------------

For instance... my U2 CD collection is:
2 days 8 hours 46 minutes 27 seconds - 727 tracks

Elvis, Dude!!! Come on that's a lot of free time you have, and I don't. I mean counting all the tracks from all the CD albums and singles is too, too much time to take out and do. That said, I'll be back tomorrow to give you my count.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Elvis, Dude!!! Come on that's a lot of free time you have, and I don't. I mean counting all the tracks from all the CD albums and singles is too, too much time to take out and do. That said, I'll be back tomorrow to give you my count.

Reggie...

I used a lil trick to assist... lol...
Since I have ALL (or almost) my U2 CDs encoded to MP3 (and not mixed with u2 mp3s i've gotten elsewhere) I simply loaded the entire directory in Winamp and let the playlist window do all the calculations for me ;) Took a few minutes out of my morning.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I mean counting all the tracks from all the CD albums and singles is too, too much time to take out and do. That said, I'll be back tomorrow to give you my count.

:lmao:

Maybe I'll do it if I get very VERY bored....

Elvis said:

Reggie...

I used a lil trick to assist... lol...
Since I have ALL (or almost) my U2 CDs encoded to MP3 (and not mixed with u2 mp3s i've gotten elsewhere) I simply loaded the entire directory in Winamp and let the playlist window do all the calculations for me ;) Took a few minutes out of my morning.

I knew it!! :lol: you had help :p

old fishing story **cass holds her arms waaaaaaaay apart** ..a few got away

my first impression was "length" aka centimetres and I was about to start complaining about my need for some new shelving.
You mean LENGTH aka time duration....I see...:hmm:

btw thanx for posting that pic of U2-3..at least I now know what I'm looking for . I'll find it...one day.

Re: old fishing story **cass holds her arms waaaaaaaay apart** ..a few got away

cass said:
my first impression was "length" aka centimetres and I was about to start complaining about my need for some new shelving.
You mean LENGTH aka time duration....I see...:hmm:

btw thanx for posting that pic of U2-3..at least I now know what I'm looking for . I'll find it...one day.

Me too, and I was sorely tempted to post "infinite". :reject: :shocked: :censored: :censored:

Hello,

You ask me something which is near to impossible (I'm at a 'friends' house at the moment). But since I assume you have a fairly complete collection I challenge you! Taka the time you have of all your officially released U2 tracks. That's about what I've got (I'm missing about 30 tracks, but I do have some silver disc bootlegs, so they blank out each other.

C ya!

Marty (who knows he hasn't be up that late and drink that much wine)

Popmartijn said:
Hello,

You ask me something which is near to impossible (I'm at a 'friends' house at the moment). But since I assume you have a fairly complete collection I challenge you! Taka the time you have of all your officially released U2 tracks. That's about what I've got (I'm missing about 30 tracks, but I do have some silver disc bootlegs, so they blank out each other.

C ya!

Marty (who knows he hasn't be up that late and drink that much wine)

Thats an entirely different conversation... this is about length/duration ;)

Hello,

Well, I did a rough calculation of my collection and it appears I have around 79 hours of 'bought U2' in my house. Could be an hour or so more, because although my CD collection is fairly well documented, my vinyl collection isn't.

C ya!

Marty

Elvis said:
marty.. so a lil more than 3 days worth... impressive!

Yeah. It did take me a whole lot of money, time, effort and fun to get it all together, but it's certainly worth it. I've never listened to everything in one session though. Maybe something for my next vacation... :eyebrow:

:D

Marty

Back
Top Bottom