What's Going On - J-Low style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once again proving that having a big ass does not make you talented or smart.

I hate that bitch. Luckily, I go by Jenny not Jennifer or I would have to shoot myself in the head. I swear, between J. Ho and Jennifer Love Hewitt, the Jennifers of the world have been given a bad name.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by sharky:
I hate that bitch.
I'm sorry to hear she has mistreated you so badly

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

While I think J.Lo's requirements are extreme, I don't think I could hate someone or have a violent disliking to someone I do not know. It's all an image, and most likely, she is not like that in her private life. The stars I have been around for periods of time are never what their image states - even when reading Artist Riders and so forth. Even if the image they project is larger than life, or gloomier than a cemetary, it's all an image, and has no bearing on the reality of the real person beneath all the Chanel and makeup. However, this is not true for the most extreme cases, as I've been told Mariah is exactly how she seems.

My first name has been used for slutty characters on tv or insane characters in movies. It's not something I take seriously or feel it in any way taints my name. It's really all the perception of importance.

just my .02, based on experience with this kind of folk.

Sorry, maybe I wish a little too sarcastic. But the chick doesn't write her own songs and can't play an instrument. She can barely sing [imo, she can't] Can I do better? No. Should I be criticizing? No. oh well.

I don't know. I think if she really had talent, she wouldn't have to rely on the wacky dresses and the tight pants to prove it.

------------------

Sorry, maybe I wish a little too sarcastic. But the chick doesn't write her own songs and can't play an instrument. She can barely sing [imo, she can't] Can I do better? No. Should I be criticizing? No. oh well.

I don't know. I think if she really had talent, she wouldn't have to rely on the wacky dresses and the tight pants to prove it.

No - you're exactly right - her only talent is aesthetic - and unfortunately, these Pop artists are not always in control of what they are wearing, singing, or saying. Most is the result of savvy Publicists, Marketing Execs and Studio Heads. It's shocking how much these performers are not in control of their lives. These performers are for all intents and purposes veritable puppets for the Industry, and will remain that way - unless they do have underlying talents, at which point they will, at some point, have enough pull in the Industry to start calling the shots for their careers.

Luckily, I go by Jenny not Jennifer or I would have to shoot myself in the head. I swear, between J. Ho and Jennifer Love Hewitt, the Jennifers of the world have been given a bad name.

Please! Don't hold it against me...
wink.gif

J-Lo, Mariah, Brittney, Aguilera, Jessica Simpson...

when does it end?

So many femmes just flaunting their bodies because they don't have the talent to compete on any other level. I just look at them and laugh. All the money and fame in the world will not earn them respect from an educated, mature adult. They will be forgotten like every other fad in American history.

I can see them doing some lame gig in Vegas when they are 43 and the plastic surgery can barely keep up their faded looks.

AJ

Well, I think J-Lo is very talented in the tight-pants-department.
icon35.gif

BTW she likes Snapple better!

[This message has been edited by DrTeeth (edited 10-30-2001).]

Originally posted by Busiu:
Some made for radio pop stars just can't get enough!
Have a laugh...on J-low
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.shtml

This reminds me again of what I read when U2 was playing here in the Netherlands last July. There was an article/interview with somebody of the Gelredome stadium. Asked about U2's demands he said something like that U2 really didn't demand anything special. They didn't even ask for a hometrainer as Bruce Springsteen had. (This does not imply Bruce makes outrageous demands, it's just to compare with another down-to-earth person).

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
Please! Don't hold it against me...
wink.gif

OK, but you're the only exception. Kind of like my rule that I will never, ever date a drummer with Larry being the only exception to that one.....but I digress....

I just have issues with people who are in a position to be a role model and make their fans believe the most important thing is about money. I don't care how many white couches you request for a video shoot-- the most important things in life can't have a price tag put on them.

AJ- I think you're one of the very few men who would ever laugh at half-naked gyrating women. You rock!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom