What were U2 doing the year you were born?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cass said:
I could say something that I find amusing here...but I won't:silent:
being of a similar age and ilk, Bono could probably guess what i was about to say :laugh:

April 1961...

Bono was making his mummy's heart go:heart: by maybe starting to think about learning to walk.
Adam would have been up on his pins and really getting the hang of this walking business.
Edge would have been in utero, making his mummy smile and rub her tummy when she felt his kicks and Larry would have been doing something similar.

1961...a very fine year imho :)

Dear, you just put a smile on my face :D I think I guess what you were about to say too ;)

Btw, just replace April for January 1961, and you have me.

Tchau
MT

Probably toddling around for the younger ones and a bit faster movement for the older ones. Yep, folks I'm an oldie -- birthday in 1964.

I was born in June 1967, which means they would have been doing whatever 6-year-old and 7-year-old boys do during summer vacation - probably outside playing hide-and-go-seek or tag, or maybe learning to ride bikes.

And you are all making me feel very old. :(

I had to look up on U2tour.de, in 1978

- the band starts using the name that would make them famous: U2, on Steve Averill's advice, and plays their first gig as a 4 man line up
- the band meets Paul McGuiness, their future manager
- the band meets Joe O'Herlihy, the man in charge for the sound on their tours

innocent_eyes said:
April 27 /85, probably touring the unforgetable fire, conspiracy of Hope and/or writing The Joshua Tree!

U2 took a break from writing and recording JT to participate in 1986's Conspiracy Of Hope. 27 April 1985 is at the end of the second North American leg of the UF tour.

November 2nd 1987 - Joshua Tree Tour, 3rd leg.
They were on the top of the world at that time, I guess.

Axver it looks like we're both the same age. I was born on 10th October 1986, during the writing of JT. Did you say you were married before? You made a reference to your wife earlier I believe or I could be mistaken.

AussieU2fanman said:
Axver it looks like we're both the same age. I was born on 10th October 1986, during the writing of JT. Did you say you were married before? You made a reference to your wife earlier I believe or I could be mistaken.

I think being married necessitates meeting a partner first, and I haven't even done that yet, so heh, no wife. I'd love to know where such a reference might be! Maybe I was mentioning a couple of my rather close friends? That's probably what you're thinking of.

1982 - the band was working on War, and I think I was being baptized around the time Bono and Ali got married.

starsgoblue said:
nov 11 1980... they were touring behind boy

Ugh, I'm old :madspit:

You HAVE to be kidding!! I was a freshman in college when you were born!

I was born on March 17, 1982.

In the middle of their tour supporting the J. Geils band, they were supposed to play the St. Patrick's Day parade in New York City, but due to the death of IRA member Bobby Sands during his hunger strike in prison, the parade is turned into a tribute to Sands. U2, unwilling to be part of an IRA showpiece, pulled out of the parade. But, since they were in New York, they quickly organized two shows at the The Ritz, both shows selling out with 1600 people at each show. My birthday was on the first show.

Thank you Pimm.

December 1960....

Adam would be the cool naked baby
Bono would be talking - non stop
Edge would be plotting his escape
Larry's Mum would listening to Elvis Presley records

Tomer said:
october 1987

tell me, lovetown tour?

Second month of the third leg of the JT Tour. Lovetown wasn't until the second half of 1989.

Tomer said:
what album was lovetown for then?

The lovetown tour had a dual-purpose.

The Joshua Tree tour was supposed to go to Australia/New Zealand and Japan in early 1988. The band instead wanted to focus on recording the Rattle and Hum album, so the the tour was postponed to early 1989. Rattle and Hum was released in late 88, and after that the band wanted a much deserved break. So the tour was AGAIN postponed until late 1989. So the purpose of it was in one respect the final leg of the Joshua Tree, albeit nearly two years later.

But they also wanted to tour in support of Rattle and Hum, which is the other purpose for the tour.

youtwohearts said:
1971 for me and they were probably dreaming of becoming fire fighters at that point. Great now I feel old.:(
That makes two of us...I'm March 9th. :scream:

Back
Top Bottom