What was the moment...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always quite liked U2 but didn't really know much about them, didn't know it was there songs and that, and then one day my friend lent me Go Home telling me it was really good and worth watching, so i didn't think it would be that great but watched it for the sake of watching it, i've been obsessed since, once i'd seen sunday bloody sunday followed by wake up dead man i was nearly crying (yes stupid i know) so i've been hooked since

Hearing ATYCLB, for the first time was amazing, just fell in love with music again, and that was followed be Thin Lizzy- Wild one(Greatist hits), so that day i learned two things, U2 are brillant and Irish music doesn't suck.

It was seeing the New Years Day video on Top Of The Pops , back in 1983. Another strong memory was in '84 a few days before The Unforgettable Fire album was released. My family had gone down to Dublin, for the day, and the record stores had posters of the album cover in their windows and Pride was blasting out into the streets.

I became a fanatic from Pride on and have loved all the twists and turns they've since taken. I've been lucky enough to see them in Belfast or Dublin on each tour since The Joshua Tree.

It's also through them that I learnt about other acts such as Bowie, Eno, The Velvet Underground and Kraftwerk.

But it's nothing to do with how long you have been a fan, it's about what their music means to you right now.

I never hated them :). I'd always liked their big hits that I'd hear on the radio.

For me, it was hearing "Angel Of Harlem" on a classic rock station one night. I don't know what it was about that song, but it just made me sit up and take notice. And then a few months later, I had it and a few other U2 songs I liked on a mix CD, and something just clicked, and I wanted to know more about this band. They'll always hold a special place in my life :yes:.

Angela

I'm ashamed to say I was a Hater.

1st U2 Experience:

We were in the car on a very long, dull, 7 hour car trip. My older brother played ATYCLB on the stereo over and over again; but for some reason, he played it at very low volume.
Anyway, I got so sick of this boring, monotonus (ATYCLB is pretty awful at low volume) music going on and on and on. If I had realised what band it was I would have sworn off them forever.

2nd U2 Experience:

A short time after that, I found myself stuck with Major Clinical Depression. Very few things at that time made me at all happy, but I heard Walk On, and it gave me hope. I bought ATYCLB. Even now Walk On makes me cry because it feels as if Bono wrote it just to keep me alive. And in a very real way, that song did help keep me alive.

3rd U2 Experience:

I forgot about U2 for a while after that, but they always held a special place in my heart. My brother gave me Best of 1980-1990 for christmas a year later. I was a bit dissapointed because it was 'Old music', but he told me to listen to it, and if I still didn't like it he would exchange it. I listened to a couple of songs. I was a bit dissapointed. I asked him to exchange it for Best of 1990-2000. He kind of grimaced, and told me to listen to it again. I ignored him and instaed let it gather dust on my shelf.
A couple of weeks later, I kept getting these songs in my head. I didn't really know what they were, but they were good, and I wanted to hear them for real. Eventually I found they were U2 songs, and that I could listen to them any time I wanted.

4th and Lasting U2 Experience:

I forgot about U2 for a while longer. Then, when the Bomb came out, I thought, "Wow, I love that band! I have to get that CD!" Which for me was weird, because I'm normally not very loyal to particular bands. But anyway, I bought it.
The Christmas of 2004, my brother bought me the Best of Propaganda book. I was very happy to get it. I read it from cover to cover and fell in love with the band. Then I bought Slane, and fell even harder. Then I was given the Best of 1990-2000 DVD. I was obsessed.
Now I own every album plus some extras, and have prided myself in learning all the useless information I can find about U2. :D

Firstly, when I heard Sunday Bloody Sunday for the first time. It had something that no other song I'd ever heard had.

The next was when I watched Pride on R&H; now, it doesn't blow me away as much as it did, but that instant I knew I wanted to be one of those people in the crowd echoing Bono's wails. I guess part two of that moment would be next seeing With or Without You (I skipped around a lot) and dying when Bono sang the new lyrics. Why don't we just make all of this moment seeing R&H? Streets, too, that opening red screen and understanding the incredible power of U2 live.

Last, I heard Bad live.

Edit: And this was all... four years ago. :reject: 2001. I had ATYCLB for some reason, I think I liked Beautiful Day (but HATED with a VENGEANCE Stuck). I didn't really get into them until I heard Sunday Bloody Sunday, though.

Last edited:
i was falling alseep in front of my aunts TV one night as the Elevation Boston DVD was being shown on Fox Family . . . Edge's crazy guitar riff for The Fly woke me up, and i was still pretty much out of it, but i was determined to find out what the hell that song was. once i downloaded it and bought the Elevation Boston DVD, i was totally 100% in. i alredy had the Rattle & Hum DVD, and had watched it a few times, but The Fly from Elevation Boston locked me in for good.

In 1983 - I was a junior in highschool and went to a party with a friend - it was at her boyfriend's house. His family was in the process of moving and there was like nothing left in the house except for the stereo. It was a very good stereo. There might have been some drink and other things involved. I don't remember a lot about this night, but I remember sitting in a darkened room with War on very loud, and I remember the feeling I got listening to New Year's Day, although I don't know how to describe it. I've been hooked ever since.

amerrydeath said:
Edit: And this was all... four years ago. :reject: 2001.

My fanaticism started in 2002 :).

Originally posted by amerrydeath
I had ATYCLB for some reason, I think I liked Beautiful Day (but HATED with a VENGEANCE Stuck). I didn't really get into them until I heard Sunday Bloody Sunday, though.

I'd just heard the songs on the radio up to that point...I liked 'em all, personally :). And "Stuck In A Moment" holds some memories for me.

Angela

For me, it was a progression of about three steps.

The first time I ever saw them was on MTV when the video for Gloria came on. I IMMEDIATELY liked the sound and I just liked how Bono and the boys looked. I took an instant liking to Bono simply because his looks reminded me of a good buddy of mine in high school. I said, "Cool, who is this band?" So I was intrigued, but didn't really pursue checking them out for a while.

Fast forward about a year later, I see them again on MTV for New Year's Day. Thought once again that I loved the sound and how cool it was that they were out in the middle of nowhere in the snow probably freezing their cajones off. That is when I said, "OK, WHO is this band?!" About a week after I saw the video I went out and bought WAR based on the strength of NYD and SBS which I had also heard once or twice on radio. Well, when I was playing the record I put NYD on first, then let it roll right into "Like a Song...", and I was like, "Ok, they have totally won me over!" Not to mention Two Hearts..., The Refugee, Surrender. Which is why WAR will always be my favorite album. It is the one that started it all for me.

One more step, then I promise I will stop. Another friend of mine, to whom I told about U2 and how much I liked them, simply because of my word of mouth went out and bought BOY. Well, we were cruising around town and we pulled into a McDonald's and we were listening to BOY on cassette (this cracks me up, I remember it like it was yesterday, and it was the early 80's. Ha!) and Twilight was on. Before he turned off the car engine we got to Edge's guitar solo and I literally thought it was the coolest, most original solo I had heard in forever and a day. That is literally when I knew that U2 would be my favorite band for the rest of my life. Yep, sitting in a car in the McDonald's parking lot when that revelation came. Mysterious Ways, indeed....

the moment I knew U2 were one of the best bands in the world? I'm a late bloomer as far as U2 fandom goes - my mom has always been into them but a lot of their stuff just wasn't all that impressive to me at first. Then I saw the Boston show on TV... and heard The Fly. Holy cow. There was no turning back.

I'm not a worshiper of the group or anything, they've done stuff I don't like (the War album, Numb, So Cruel, The Unforgettable Fire [the song], When You Look at the World... to name a few), but all in all they've got an excellent track record, and live they're unmatched except by their former selves.

BluRmGrl said:
For me it was a progression of events.

Yeah, I'm with BluRmGrl, it was progressive. First it was hearing the Boy album with my younger sister, and then hearing the War album with my best friend. Then I heard the live version of SBS from the UABRS album that started the ball really rolling.

I was hooked in college when "Pride" came out and I saw my first show in LA in 1985!!

Since then, it's more like an obession than anything.

Meghan said:

2nd U2 Experience:

A short time after that, I found myself stuck with Major Clinical Depression. Very few things at that time made me at all happy, but I heard Walk On, and it gave me hope. I bought ATYCLB. Even now Walk On makes me cry because it feels as if Bono wrote it just to keep me alive. And in a very real way, that song did help keep me alive.

:hug: Walk On is amazing. In fact, ATYCLB is amazing. The first half especially, even though the subject matter is not always happy, is filled with so much hope... I don't know. It's helped me through tough times anyway.

U2 had me at boom-cha.

Seriously. I was in fuckin' third grade. My mom bought Pop and forced me to listen to it...I like owe her everything. I didn't want to listen to it because I thought U2 was a heavy metal band for some reason and my nine-year-old self wanted to listen to Jethro Tull, thank-you-very-much. But once I heard Discotheque... "can we listen to that AGAIN?!" that was it. I was hooked. U2 has been my favourite band ever since although I have to say ATYCLB made me fall in love with them all over again. HTDAAB not really because after ATYCLB I was pretty permenantly obsessed, so there was no "again."

It's interesting to read the stories of how you guys got hooked... I'm jealous of the people who got into them in like '83 or whatever, but I'm pretty proud of myself for getting into them at a fairly young age. I owe it all to mom, really.

i like this thread
well for me, it was progressive, like some of you

The first time I heard of U2 was in 2nd grade. I was reading this fiction book about these campers who were abducted by UFOs. One of the boys said, "Was that a UFO?", and another said, "I';ve heard of U2, but not UFOs".
Yeah a bit insignificant, but hey I remember that

Flash forward to 2002

My brother buys that "Now That's What I Call Music" collection, he had 6 and 8. BDAY was on 6, and Walk On on 8. I didn't even listen to those songs, I liked the pop songs at the beginning of the CD, didn't bother with the back of 6. (I should of, 3 of my all-time favorite songs are on there- Coldplay "Yellow", Incubus "Drive", and of course U2 "Beautiful Day")

Super Bowl 2002

Some band called U2 playing the Super Bowl. I vaguely recall a book from second grade. Bono and company launch into Beautiful Day. 5 minutes later I was shell-shocked. Vaguely remember Now 6, and I rush into my room to listen to that track. BLISS. (Sadly missed MLK and WTSHNN, "cries") After 4:08 minutes, I remembered "Walk On". Changed CDs, and ahhh. Healing for that post 9-11 soul.

Next week went out to buy ATYCLB. I programmed it for only Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment, and Walk On, since those were the singles I only knew. Shame on me. Had the nerve to listen to Kite, Elevation, and Wild Honey. They then became my band. Well the only band that I had ever bought, so...they have that honor for my first rock CD.

I bought Best of 80 next. Loved tracks 1,2,3,4,5, and 7. I skipped everything else. Including Bad. Shame shame shame.

Next was Best of 90. Ummm listened to One and Mysterious Ways. Skipped UTEOTW cuz the first 2 seconds sounded weird, and skipped Gone cuz I couldn't stand that wail. Shame on me.

And that was my first phase of U2-ism. They were my favorite and only band, but I soon got ashamed of them, because all my friends were listening to pop-punk Good Charlotte, Blink 182, and rap/hip-hop, like Eminem. I was THIS close to buying Eminem's CD. U2 slowly faded away to a distant standing, as Linkin Park stole the honor of my favorite band in 9th grade. I even made a AIM screen name, linkinparkphan25, which I regret every day. (Forgive me, for I have repented with U2phanatic). Sad days of 3 Doors Down, Simple Plan, and Nickelback.

Phase 2- Rebirth
Rumors of a U2 album leaked in France? I did some searching and found that the Bomb was dropping in the fall. Holy moly. Well I pulled out my old U2 cds, and listened to them again. Then I heard the live version of "Bad" on KLOS classic rock radio. HOOKED. So I listened to track 6 finally on Best of 80. Ahhhh all this time. Slowly rediscovered the songs I've been skipping over for the hits. My friend burned me POP, but I didn't listen to it too much, too techno-ish for me. At first taste. What a mistake

Phase 3-BOOM (HTDAAB)
Vertigo came out. I downloaded it right away. At first, I was like, WTF is this? haha silly me. In 3 days I had the lyrics memorized, except for that sketchy "hours of fun" part. Haha. Went to U2.com and listened to the album online, streamed it to my WMP, listened to it everyday. When November came around, I went and bought the deluxe version, having already memorized the lyrics to it. My friends laughed at my U2 phobia this year in 10th grade, but I was too happy at my new found U2 phobia. Bought JT shortly after. Cried at it's brilliance, debated what song I liked better, Beautiful Day or WTSHNN.

My mom bought me a guitar for X-mas. Guess who I wanted to be like. First riff I learned was "Sunday Bloody Sunday". Being a guitarist helped me realized how simple but MAGNIFICENT the Edge is as a guitarist. "Dreams of learning WTSHNN on guitar".

Phase 4- Actung and afterwards
Heard U2 was coming to tour America in March. (first heard it on Interference, thank you guys) Couldn't get tickets then. Listened to my friend Brianna gush over Bono at the Staples Center in April. Jealous as heck. Started going on Interference a lot too. What a fun group of people, you guys taught more more things about U2 than I ever could learn. Thanks. AND you guys taught me how to download U2 bootlegs and everthing else, listening to U2 live made me so jealous I couldn't be there.

Anywyas, heard about the ONE campaign. "WOW what a nice dude Bono is" So I bought a whole bunch for me and my friends, helped spread the word.

Then I went out and bought Actung Baby. Marveled at the beauty of ONE and UTEOTW. Why didn't I listen to Edge's solo then? Debated what was my favorite song, WTSHHN, Bad, One, or Beautiful Day. This is my favorite band for sure.

Later I was able to get tickets for me and my friend to 11/1 in LA. It's gonna be the greeeeatest day of my life.

Phase 5- Beatlemania
Beatles? Yeah you read that right. I started listening to Lennon and company over the summer, and I was frankly amazed by the greatness of the band. I began to doubt if I liked them or U2 better. I now concede that the Beatles are better, just because they put out more records in a short time, and wrote great acoustic songs I can serenade my crush with. (My friend doesn't know All I Want IS You, so I can't play that for her). BUT afterwards I started listening to U2 a lot more, listened to the entire POP album again. It's good oh so good. I was now determined to get all their albums, so I went out and bought WAR. HMMM delicious.

And here I am, convinced of U2's greatness. Everytime someone knocks Bono, or U2 in any way, I jump up to defend them. I fiercely love this band, and will never let go of them. Thank you to all who bothered reading, and thanks to every Interference forum member for being so awesome. U2 fans are the greatest, nicest people in the world, and that's why our band is the best.

BTW what album should I buy next? im thinking of Pop, just to replace that burnt copy, or UF. But Boy sounds good too.

I hadn't really listened to much U2 until I got All That You Can't Leave Behind around the time when it was released. I LOVED it but for a while I didn't even think about buying all the other albums, I suppose cos the album I had was so good for me I didn't wanna buy anything else by U2 only to find out it was crap (silly me). I was going through tough times and ATYCLB was my rock!:)

Then one day I watched U2: Live at Slane Castle on TV, it was just a shortened version of the DVD and was completely blown away. I remember especially Sunday Bloody Sunday just did something to me that no other music could and I couldn't believe how immense this band was and how Bono recited all the names of the victims of the Omagh bombing and just... you know. Wow. Around the same time I saw the video for One (drag version) and had similar feelings and I just knew this was gonna be my band. So then I built up my U2 collection, starting with the Go Home DVD, and here I am.:D

Also think it helped that Bono is hawt!:drool: :wink:

Hearing my older brother's Achtung Baby cassette in 1992.
The first seconds of Zoo Station came on... I was won over immediately.

wow.. my story is a lot less interesting, it was like 2001(or 02 i dont know) i bought the so fresh CD (full of pop stuff that i don't like) anyway Walk On was on it... i just kept putting it on repeat and i feel in love with it.. and coz all the other bands on that CD were new i thought wow this is an awesome new band (im stupid i know) so i went to the shops and bought the album that had Walk on on it, ATYCLB, and i kept listening and listening, i talked to my uncle about them and found out they wern't so new! so every month or so i bought or burned a new album!

and now i have all of them... on to the bootlegs!!

Russel

It's when I bought the best of the 80s. Can't really seem to remember what possessed me to buy it. Spirit of God n' all that I 'pose.:wink:

Anyway, I heard Streets and Pride and SBS and I was like, "Damn where have you been all my life?" :drool:

kellyo said:
Then get Zooropa. And definitely buy another copy of Pop.
a

yay allright UF then

it amazes me how much I love U2, but only have about half of their collection. And all those B-sides I haven't heard, and what else. Still so much U2 left to dazzle me...

with or without you. i heard it and thought, "woah." many many years later, it's still my favorite song.

When I heard Streets in the best-of. :hug: But the first songs I listened from U2 were Staring at the sun, Discothèque and Beautiful Day. The three are kind of special to me.

I wrote a huge story about it -

The beginning of my U2 experience really began at a friend’s party in grade four, the year being 2000. It was a sleepover, and in the morning we woke up and watched the popular music TV show, Rage. We watched the top 5 or so songs I think, and that was the exact moment in my life I became interested in music.

Ever since then, Rage was one of my favourite TV shows, and around that time, Who Let The Dogs Out and Teenage Dirtbag - by the Baha Men and Wheatus respectively - were out. They were huge hits in their time, and most people can still remember them today.

I think it was in 2001 that I had my first experience with U2. While watching Rage, a song called Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of came on. I thought it was pretty good, and it stuck in my head for a while. Then Elevation came out, and everyone knew that. The Tomb Raider remix then came out, and Elevation was wildly popular. My uncle was a big fan of the Playstation game Tomb Raider at the time, and I though he looked a bit like the singer of that band who sings Elevation. I also vaguely remember the song Beautiful Day, though I can’t recall hearing it on Rage or Video Hits.

From this encounter on Rage and also Video Hits, I knew the albums All That You Can’t Leave Behind and The Joshua Tree existed. But I did not know that U2 had been around since the late 1970’s nor did I know that The Joshua Tree was actually released three years before I was born, in 1987.

So from the years 2001 – 2004, if someone mentioned the band U2 I knew who they were, but only knew three of their songs (I had heard I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For but I never knew it was by U2). That was until the release of Vertigo. Thanks largely to the iPod ads, this song became quite a large hit as well, and I took a real liking to it. It was at this moment that I knew I wanted the new album, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

My Mum bought the album for me, but it wasn’t until Christmas Day, 2004 that I actually got to listen to it. I must say, that it was one of the few albums that I liked most of the songs based on first listen, probably because I had nothing to compare it against. I fell in love with City of Blinding Lights from the moment I first listened to it, and liked most of the rest. The only songs I didn’t like at first were Love and Peace or Else, which is probably the most guy-friendly song on there. It figures. That’s what I’m sort of like, preferring chick stuff to guy stuff, even though I’m a guy. I also didn’t really like One Step Closer, because I felt it was a bit of weak track, a bit too quiet, a bit boring and so on. Looking at the album now though, LAPOE is one of my favourite songs from the album. I thoroughly enjoy it now.

I got some Christmas money, and in roughly February I decided to go and spend it on CD’s. I brought Evermore’s Dreams, Blink-182’s self-titled album, Maroon 5’s Songs About Jane and then couldn’t decide between a footy DVD and Green Day’s International Superhits. I went and looked up the letter U, and found All That You Can’t Leave Behind. Considering it was released almost four years prior I considered myself pretty lucky. I brought it, and I am very glad I brought that instead of the Green Day CD. I wouldn’t have stumbled upon a very good band if I hadn’t have brought it.

I took it home and had a listen, but it took me 10 minutes to get it working. It wasn’t reading properly. Eventually it worked, and I listened to it. My first impression was that it was absolute crap, apart from a few tracks. I look back now and wonder how I thought it was so bad.

Beautiful Day, Stuck and Elevation I already knew, albeit not too well. Walk On was the first one outside of these three I heard and I really liked it. Kite, while it is my third favourite song nowadays, I didn’t like at first, mostly because of the guitar work in the verses. It threw me off a bit. The rest I didn’t really like, and ATYCLB all of a sudden was back in its case.

About a week or two later I gave it another chance, and for some reason I fell in love with it. I started singing along to the songs with the lyrics from the booklet and took a real liking to it. There were still songs I didn’t like, such as In A Little While, New York and Grace, but I began to enjoy the rest. Nowadays I like basically the whole album, though I still don’t like Grace very much. It’s like One Step Closer off HTDAAB, except longer, and even more boring. It’s like a lullaby.

I then went in search of a U2 forum on the web where I could share my thoughts with other U2 fans. I found one, www.forum.interference.com, and have posted regularly on it since. I started a thread asking what album I should get next, and although my memory’s a bit hazy (I’m not even 100% I started the thread) I think the opinion was it’s up to you.

I decided on The Joshua Tree, but then when I went to get it I changed my mind and brought the Best of 1980-1990. I do regret it a little bit now, because I brought TJT recently and having heard the opening the three tracks on the 80/90 best of meant I didn’t appreciate TJT as much. But that’s another story.

I listened to the album, and that’s when I became the U2 fan I am today. I took a real liking to the first 10 tracks on the album, and the last one (All I Want Is You) eventually grew on me. It was tracks 11-13 that I didn’t really like (Desire, When Love Comes To Town, Angel of Harlem).

But the album made me into a real fan, and I was able to relate to a lot of the forum’s threads after buying it. By now U2 was just about the only band I listened to.

I started another what CD do I get next thread and the unanimous reply was Achtung Baby, considered a classic by a lot of people. I went out and bought it, and I must say I got pretty upset because it seemed everyone on the forum loved it, and I didn’t love it anywhere near as much.

I copped a bit of flak for the ratings I gave for the songs, but I was able to make a strong rebuttal in my opinion. But I was determined to give the album a fair go, and so for about three weeks it was the only album I listened to. I didn’t listen to any other U2 song in full during that period except for the 12 tracks off Achtung Baby. I was a bit disappointed to end the impressive run.

At the moment, it’s surprising but now I really like Achtung Baby. There are three really good songs on there for me, five out of fives. I got over my upset feelings I had. I just felt a pressure to love the album or I wouldn’t be accepted in the U2 crowd. It hardly matters now, because I actually do love the album. Talk about the tables turning.

It was a long while before I got my next U2 CD. The next U2 thing I brought was the DVD from U2’s concert in Dublin, entitled U2 Go Home Live at Slane Castle. It introduced me to U2 live, as well as the songs Out of Control, Wake up Dead Man and Staring at the Sun. I felt a bit guilty when I said the version of Kite didn’t have much emotion. I later found out that Bono’s father had just passed away and that he was actually crying in the rendition. But easily the best rendition on there was One, from Achtung Baby. It was, put simply, absolutely fan-bloody-tastic, to use an Aussie term.

I brought The Joshua Tree very recently (I had to pay $26 for it!) and also War at the same time (for only $10!). As I mentioned before, my thoughts of TJT weren’t as clear because I had heard the three opening songs before on the 80/90 best of. So that was a bit disappointing because now I don’t appreciate TJT as much as I could. But regardless of this, I think it’s a pretty good album, with some really good songs on there such as Running to Stand Still and Red Hill Mining Town. Based on first listen of TJT and the first listen of Achtung Baby (not counting the opening three tracks on TJT) I prefer TJT but I think I actually prefer Achtung Baby more overall. It’s weird because of all the comments and arguments I made against Achtung Baby.

As I said, I also bought War, and I had the same problem with that that I do with TJT. I had heard Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year’s Day previously on the 80/90 best of. At the moment I haven’t really listened to it much, I have listened to TJT more, but I like Drowning Man and ‘40’ quite a bit. The rest I’m not too keen on at the moment, but I’m sure it will grow on me when I listen to it more. I’m not too fond on Bono’s raspy, rough vocals on the album. But I’ll have to get used to it. They were only 20 or 22 at the time they made it.

Well, that’s my U2 experience right up until now. As of this moment I’m listening to The Ground Beneath Her Feet which is on my version of ATYCLB. I’m currently lying in hope that U2 will announce that they will tour Australia so that I can go see them first hand. That would be fantastic. Next album I’ll get will either be Boy or Pop, but I can’t see myself getting them for a while.

Great story COBL_04 :up:

Hey dude, why don't you download the albums you don't have and then buy them, when you're able to do it? That's what I done :shrug:

That's kinda what I'm planning on doing. Since I have heard no Zooropa and only one October I'm going to download the 6th and 7th best songs from each (as voted in the worst song survivors) and then I'll eventually go ang buy them.

I think I also have a bootleg or two in the offing...:hmm:

PS Thanks for reading that MacPhistoPT. I had a feeling no one would because it was on page four and interest was dying.

COBL_04 said:
That's kinda what I'm planning on doing. Since I have heard no Zooropa and only one October I'm going to download the 6th and 7th best songs from each (as voted in the worst song survivors) and then I'll eventually go ang buy them.

I think I also have a bootleg or two in the offing...:hmm:

PS Thanks for reading that MacPhistoPT. I had a feeling no one would because it was on page four and interest was dying.

COBL where abouts you hail from?

Probably Achtung Baby.

I liked some of their stuff in the '80s - Desire, All I Want is You, The Unforgettable Fire (single) but at that time I was more into pop music and U2 were a bit 'heavy' for my tastes.

Back
Top Bottom