what was the first u2 bootleg you ever obtained?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V Nura

Refugee
For me..it was popmart sarejevo.

I taped it myself off the radio broadcast..and later got the CD off ebay.

I think spanisheyes sent me my first one from the Elevation tour.

I cant remember off the top of my head though which one :grumpy:

Hmmm, mine was New Years Eve 1989/90 concert. I got it from an old tape trader/seller back in 1991. I bought quite a few boots from them way back before the 'Net. Still one of my favorite shows of all time to listen to.

Brixton Night, which was the first Brixton Academy show from 1984. I bought it at a record show on vinyl in 1988. I bought a couple of others the same day but that one stands out to me for some reason. I think the other one I bought that day was the NY 1981 show from the Malibu Beach Club on vinyl. I think it was called "U2 Do Malibu".

My first U2 bootleg was called "The Longest Night". I bought it at a record show. It's a 2 lp set; still have it.

San Francisco - 1987- Rock'n Roll Street -The save the yuppie concert that's on the Rattle and Hum movie.

Another Time Another Place (Boston 6-3-1981). I bought it in February 1992. At that time I only had 2 regular U2 CD's (Rattle & Hum and Achtung Baby), although I bought October that same day. Since then I'm a bit spoiled though, as the sound quality (broadcast) on that bootleg is awesome, so it took me a while to get used to audience recordings.

C ya!

Marty

back in like 97 i would download real audio files of bootlegs, cuz i had a teeny hard drive and my computer couldn't play mp3s.

but the first bootleg i bought was umm, i don't remember. the only two bootlegs i bought i got at like the same time. so it was either street missions or this ain't no swapmeet. like last year i started downloading concerts. :wink:

:hmm: A few years ago this nice fan taped a bunch of the 80s b-sides and rare singles onto 2 audio cassettes for me...I think those were my first.

I have a bunch on vinyl, but I think my first one was called Driving to Midnight Mass and has Bono reciting a poem by another Irish poet about Driving to Midnight mass in Dublin on Christmas Eve, the rest of the album has very early rare studio sessions on it.

"The Golden Unplugged" because it had Larry singing on it. An amazing version of "Slow Dancing" is on that bootleg and also two country songs, Bono singing "Lucille" and Edge singing "Lost Highway" on a radio show.

Slow Dancing in Providence 10/31/01. Still my only real complete-show bootleg, but I also won a "Best of Elevation" 3-CD set from E-Bay with a Mysterious Ways I can't stop listening to.

If anyone wants to send any and all bootlegs this way, I'm sure I could put them to good use. I have these to trade and a video of Philly 2 6/12/01! :D

i forget what it's called. something from zoo tv, in miami, i beleive...

and i taped popmart sarejevo off the radio

i don't remember which i obtained first

I had the 12/31/89 on tape for a long time. I could have sworn I taped it myself, but I guess it wasn't broadcast in the US. Strange ...

Then it was a few years before I bought (I know, I know) Zoo Europa. Don't regret one penny that I spent on that.

the first complete boot i got was zoo europa...i think...actually, lies, you tell me! :p...i know i had one of the early irving plaza shows too...that might have been first, but was it complete? i think it was only one disc....

My first tape was New Year's Eve and my second tape was Rotterdam 7-11-1987. (Or the other way around, I'm not sure...)

My first CD I bought was Zootopia. Actually I bought it five times for friends and family!

Last edited:
I bought 2 at the same time;DECEMBER XXVII and SALOME THE [AXTUNG BEIBI] OUTTAKES(3 disc set).Got them around 93.

dublin 93 zootv tour. amazing soundboard. i had never known about bootlegs. my mom was angry at my dad so we went driving and she asked if i wanted to go anywhere so i suggested a cd store a few miles away. we went and they had this bootleg and also one titled "the unreleased album". she said i could pick one so i got the 93 dublin show. this was in 1995 i believe is when i got it, the price was, get this $70.00. i couldnt believe she wanted to get it for me, but i had it stolen last year along with about 20 other u2 bootlegs so i am now playing catch-up.

Back
Top Bottom