what U2 and Queen have in common

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prideofzootv

War Child
iv just been looking at quite alot of different threads on here and on a queen site, and after watching/ listening many shows/ music videos etc i think u2 and queen have alot in common, more than we think, like:-

1-both are the biggest bands in the world, constant arguements among fans of who is number 1
2-both have the best guitarists when playing live (edge during songs like kite on the last leg of the tour, brian may during hammer to fall, fat bottomed girls etc)
3-both bass players are very quiet i.e. dont hardly ever sing, theres rare times when they have, like John Deacon at the Freddie tribute concert, singing Radio Ga Ga, and Adam singing Bullet at Zootv Stockholm
4-Both vocalists are the best around
5-the drummers are being voted by everyone as sexiest members of the band
6-both drummers have very strange drumming methods
7-both basists have strange poses while playing
8-both guitarists dance like crazy when playing really rocky songs
9-both vocalists play guitar....just....
10-both bands have changed hair styles alot over the passed 20 odd years (except brian may)
11-both had the highest point at Live Aid 1985
12-both connected to Make Poverty History in a big way
13-all wear strange clothes during different tours (you know U2 did during ZooTv and Pop and Lovetown, and Queen did all the way through the 70's!)
14-both known easily to the world, ask anyone who U2 or Queen is tehy can tell you and name one of there best songs
15-btoh have websites to share bootlegs and videos
16-both heavily bootlegged
17-both have alot of DVD and album releases
18-btoh have Greatest Hits
19-Both have greatest video hits (or similar)
20-both always have large extravagent stages when on tour!

if you know anymore please add!

A Bono hater comes in and says :

Both Singers has similar sexual preferences :wink:

And to be honest , the Only things I always saw U2 and queen had in common was that :

They played in Live Aid
They are 4 members band
Queen Drummer played with B and E in the 46664 show

Last edited:
prideofzootv said:
14-both known easily to the world, ask anyone who U2 or Queen is tehy can tell you and name one of there best songs

Wanna bet that this is so bloody untrue?

People don't know who the hell U2 are, but if you play them a song, they'll go like'ooh that song I know!"
Same with Bono, people don't know who Bono is, they know who that annoying fag is who's always on tv and in magazines...

Both ventured into electronic/dance music and had less than stellar results. Pop is U2's Hot Space. I love Pop, don't get me wrong, but both bands ignored their respective albums in later releases and tours. If anyone has ever heard Hot Space, it is no Night at The Opera or News Of The World, likewise with U2's Pop and their 80's releases.

Both bands are awesome for having the balls, and the talent, to change their sound, regardless of the results, so many times...

My two favorite bands(although I don't listen to Queen nearly as much as I used to..)..

Both ventured into electronic/dance music and had less than stellar results. Pop is U2's Hot Space. I love Pop, don't get me wrong, but both bands ignored their respective albums in later releases and tours. If anyone has ever heard Hot Space, it is no Night at The Opera or News Of The World, likewise with U2's Pop and their 80's releases.

Isn't Hot Space the one with Under Pressure? No offense to Pop, which I like a lot, but no song on that disc comes close to Under Pressure. Does this mean we're due for an awful rapper to rip off the Discotheque riff in 2007?

J_NP said:
A Bono hater comes in and says :

Both Singers has similar sexual preferences :wink:

Only in my fantasies, man, only in my fantasies...:drool:

deveria haver escutado usted mejor ontem C

Olha q tipo de figuras o q eu falei foi atrair

nobody reads this

Nate Dogg said:

Both bands are awesome for having the balls, and the talent, to

once a friend told me that once at college someone made a lecture about music, rock, and all the bands.. he was a real encyclopedia... about EVERY DAMN ROCK GENRE.. rock pop, heavy, metal, punk... everything

but then my friend realized something... and he asked "you haven't mentioned Queen or U2"

and the guy said:

"well.. that's because they don't fit on any genre... they're over that"

craigp said:
errr both guitarists made a guitar and both bassists used a fender precision on a regular basis in the 80s

Except Adam put Jazz necks on most of his Precision basses, at least one he said he switched it. the '73 I think?

Fender definitely seems to be the most popular choice for bassists.

The irony is the Fender founder didn't actually play either a guitar or a bass.

/OT

Hmm, U2 and Queen sorta stand out.

There's a lot of bands I get confused, especially newer ones, the screamo bands.

Well both band are original, you don't find any other to compare with in sound and singer. (No I don't compare Coldplay, Keane etc with U2).

In my opinion U2 wind the match? Why:

1. Sure Freddie voice were amazing, he may hit higher notes then Bono, but Bono sings with much more feeling, passion and soul. When you think that he can't push his voice any more, he goes one step higher. Also Bono's voice is much more miscellaneous, he can sing in high light voice, dark low voice, falsetto and opera. Also Bono is the only artist that can sing false, if he goes offkey he sound sad not false.

2. U2 is a more experiment group. Its impossible to compare each album with another.

3. Live band, I don't care about how many who says that Freddie where the ultimate show man, Bono is, he is more mystical on stage, he does impulse things. Also to see him on stage perfoming SYCMIOYO is amazing, such a emotional performence. Edge vs May? Well I think May sounds like a studio musican, Edge plays with much more feeling. Adam, well just going around, smiling and looking cool. :)

Last edited:
Re: Re: what U2 and Queen have in common

Galeongirl said:

Wanna bet that this is so bloody untrue?

People don't know who the hell U2 are, but if you play them a song, they'll go like'ooh that song I know!"
Same with Bono, people don't know who Bono is, they know who that annoying fag is who's always on tv and in magazines...

thats what i was thinking.

people i know have hardly heard of U2.

i like the ones who really hate U2.
then when you're playing a song randomly and they say something like ''omg i havent heard this song in ages, i loov this song. who sings it?'' and when you tell them its U2 they literally go :|

Peterrrrr said:
1. Sure Freddie voice were amazing, he may hit higher notes then Bono,but Bono sings with much more feeling, passion and soul. When you think that he can't push his voice any more, he goes one step higher. Also Bono's voice is much more miscellaneous, he can sing in high light voice, dark low voice, falsetto and opera. Also Bono is the only artist that can sing false, if he goes offkey he sound sad not false.

more passion, and soul .........bullshit:|

Last edited:
well nearly everyone up here has herd of U2, half of them say i hate them then you go and blast out vertigo/ beautiful day/ one then they instantly start singing saying i love this song! crazy!

I don't agree that everyone thinks that they are the both biggest bands in the world...

I think die-hard U2 fans think so, and maybe even some die-hard U2 fans don't think the yare the BIGGEST and BEST.

Peterrrrr said:

In my opinion U2 wind the match?

Hey man, don't go running down Queen, man, this is about what they have in common, man, besides man, back in the mid seventies, man, I was a teenager and owned all their LPs, man and I was 16 and drove the main drag of my town, man, in my 1st car listening to "We Will Rock You" and "Another One Bites The Dust" and etc., and so forth, man, so don't you go dissing this old broads teenage musical taste, man, and besides U2 probably listened to them once in a while too, man...:eyebrow: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom