what to expect from the next album...or not to expect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember Bono giving credit to Coldplay, Raidohead, Travis, and Doves at the begining of the Tour. I hope U2 makes a European rock album but with the Edge doing his thing (If that makes sense). I don't think the songs will be as simple as ATYCLB. U2 will make some really great songs that aren't as structured as ATYCLB. Someone posted somewhere that this could be there best album. This could be true because they just finished a great tour and are ready to make more music.

U2 are the masters of the unexpected. The only time in their long career that their ever released a follow up that sounded "part 2ish" was Zooropa. I am not suggesting that Zooropa was totally "part 2ish," but I found that, of all the albums, Achtung Baby and Zooropa fit well together. Zooropa introduced a new sound, but also held on a sound that would of fit perfectly on Achtung Baby.

I do not worry about U2 and new albums. If they went all country, I would find some way to like it. Even if it made me drink more, leave my wife, and live in a trailer down by the river. Isn't that the heart of country songs?
wink.gif

Which speaking of country, we never did get our Dalton Brothers CD. And if there is ever a video of them when they came out at the L.A. Coliseum doing that, and no one but the most diehard fans knew it was them, we gotta have it. Watching the other people who did not know it was them be really pissed off booing was hysterical. Maybe some time they'll bring back the Daltons. What were their names again? Adam was a girl in it wasn't he?

Back
Top Bottom