What if U2 sees no end in sight? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-25-2007, 12:37 AM   #1
War Child
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: gulf coast
Posts: 990
Local Time: 08:52 PM
What if U2 sees no end in sight?

How far will you let them take you?




















And as a thread bonus: I hope Bono takes a less is more approach on this next one.
__________________

t8thgr8 is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:44 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
AtomicBono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,486
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Bono can take me all the way
__________________

AtomicBono is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:45 AM   #3
Acrobat
 
CrownVCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Ethereal Thoughtplane
Posts: 341
Local Time: 04:52 PM
I can only hope they will transcend the thoughtfog of this common existence, yet again.
CrownVCJ is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:49 AM   #4
War Child
 
Mountain Dew Ma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Space Moon™
Posts: 869
Local Time: 03:52 PM
i will buy

any record that has the name

"u2" on it.

i will let them take me on whatever

"musical journey"

they wish to.
Mountain Dew Ma is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:52 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
AtomicBono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,486
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Dew Ma
i will buy

any record that has the name

"u2" on it.

i will let them take me on whatever

"musical journey"

they wish to.
word brah

U2 has sucked me into the point where I will buy their next album even if it blows. I will desperately try to like it anyway U2 has never seriously disappointed me though. HTDAAB isn't their best but I loved it when it came out, and there are many valid criticisms of it but it's by no means a terrible album, or even U2's worst.

seriously, if I really didnt like the next U2 album at all, I'd still go to shows, and yeah I might complain about it a bit, but I wouldnt spend two years on a message board bitching about it, I'd just go do something else...
AtomicBono is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:55 AM   #6
War Child
 
Mountain Dew Ma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Space Moon™
Posts: 869
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono


word brah

U2 has sucked me into the point where I will buy their next album even if it blows. I will desperately try to like it anyway U2 has never seriously disappointed me though. HTDAAB isn't their best but I loved it when it came out, and there are many valid criticisms of it but it's by no means a terrible album, or even U2's worst.

seriously, if I really didnt like the next U2 album at all, I'd still go to shows, and yeah I might complain about it a bit, but I wouldnt spend two years on a message board bitching about it, I'd just go do something else...
if i disliked the next album from these guys,

i would just go dust off my copies of "Pop" and "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" and "achtung baby" and listen to the albums i like.


instead of infesting myself in a fury of misery.


either way, i am sure i will enjoy their next record.
Mountain Dew Ma is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:56 AM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life
 
AtomicBono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,486
Local Time: 02:52 PM
exactly

(I'm all about some motherfuckin Pop myself)
AtomicBono is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:27 AM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life
 
powerhour24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,646
Local Time: 04:52 PM
No band plans an end, particularly one that is made up of people who are still close friends, putting together music that they like and still finding huge success and staying relevant in the popular culture.

But even if they went the way of most once popular bands and disappeared into next to oblivion, I'd probably still follow them, although given they're legendary status and longevity it's not likely to turn out that way.
powerhour24 is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:35 AM   #9
War Child
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: gulf coast
Posts: 990
Local Time: 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by powerhour24
No band plans an end, particularly one that is made up of people who are still close friends, putting together music that they like and still finding huge success and staying relevant in the popular culture.

But even if they went the way of most once popular bands and disappeared into next to oblivion, I'd probably still follow them, although given they're legendary status and longevity it's not likely to turn out that way.
What if they're like motherfuckin 80 and Bono is jumping around hoo hooing because they finally decided it was time to rock out again after 30 years of arabic mischief?
t8thgr8 is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 02:00 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
pepokiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 7,978
Local Time: 04:52 PM
shake, shake shake SALOME!!!
pepokiss is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 03:08 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life
 
AtomicBono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,486
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by t8thgr8


What if they're like motherfuckin 80 and Bono is jumping around hoo hooing because they finally decided it was time to rock out again after 30 years of arabic mischief?
by then all of U2 will be in robot bodies so it will be perfectly acceptable
AtomicBono is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 10:55 AM   #12
The Fly
 
CherokeeRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: at zoo station throwing a brick through a window
Posts: 127
Local Time: 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono


by then all of U2 will be in robot bodies so it will be perfectly acceptable

Robotic Bono in a place called Vertigo.
CherokeeRose is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 03:52 PM
I'm good with no end in sight. Aside from the rare occasional song there is nothing in their catalogue that I don't immensely enjoy listening to, even if I have to let it grow on me. (WITS hasn't grown on me yet though...it may be one of the ones that doesn't, but that may be because I hold them to such a high standard now.) I can't fathom that they would produce an album I wouldn't like. And if they did, their other stuff will keep me going until the next one, and I'd still go to the shows to see older stuff played live.
Varitek is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:50 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 21,029
Local Time: 10:52 PM
Possible but I don't think so. I think there will be a end of U2 in a few years' time, due to health reasons. (whichever lasts longer: Larry's wrists or Bono's voice)
U2girl is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:57 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
love2bmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: running down the road like loose electricity
Posts: 5,529
Local Time: 01:52 PM
oh please, I've followed them this far, I don't think I could stop now if I wanted to. And I don't want to.
love2bmama is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #16
Acrobat
 
Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On the veranda
Posts: 443
Local Time: 03:52 PM
i dont understand the question
Dusty Bottoms is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 02:19 PM   #17
War Child
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: gulf coast
Posts: 990
Local Time: 08:52 PM
just go with it
t8thgr8 is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #18
Acrobat
 
Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On the veranda
Posts: 443
Local Time: 03:52 PM
last time i did that i ended up with chlamydia
Dusty Bottoms is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #19
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,242
Local Time: 04:52 PM
I will SAMPLE the next album on iTunes, and read the reviews everyone on Interference will give it.

As much as I like the band, I can't commit to buying anything with U2 on it. I couldn't go for a whole album of WITS-like songs, for example.

But I hope hope hope it's good.
__________________

silvrlvr is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×