What are we paying for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
This question came to mind yesterday when I sat in my bed and listened to the second show in Copenhagen, me thinks with the entire tour's shortest setlist (due to extream heat so it was totally understandable)

So, when we buy a ticket, what exactly are we paying for?
Is it regulated anywhere what a "concert" means. What you are supposed to get? Or can they simply go out and play one song and that's it and we have nothing we can say about it. Or is it like GA, an unwritten rule that a concert (on this level) means app 2 hours entertainment, like the unwritten rule for GA is first come first serve.

If you pay a ticket to a football game you know for how long you will get (hopefully) entertained, the rules for the game has set that. If we are lucky we can get more if it'e even after full time. But with a concert?

So, what do we as a consumer has the right to get?

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

I don't really believe in unwritten rules
especially since everyone seems to have a set of his own

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

So you wouldn't say anything if they just came out and played one song because nothing else is stated what you will get for your money?

I saw Morrisey once, and after about 20 mintues some girl ran up on the stage and started grabbing him. The concert was over immediatly. People were really angry and mad, but they didn't give us our money back, or even apoligize. I was very dissapointed
frown.gif

I think that a concert should be at least and hour and a half minimum. Anything less and I feel ripped off!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Back
Top Bottom