What are some songs that took you years to start liking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
madonna's child said:
The Wanderer

It took me a long time to accept that it was U2 song but it wasn't Bono singing it. But once I listened to the lyrics, the song really started to grow on me. Johnny Cash :up:

That really weird air raid(ish) siren sound after the Wanderer still causes me to cringe. Even though it technically isn't a song.
But it's the only sound I've never really liked from U2...

Harry Vest said:
Just a very simple question...
How could ANYONE "Hate" Love Is Blindness????
Really!!!

Forget LIB... how could Beautiful Day be a grower??? It's such an immediate pleaser and sounds like it was made to be an anthemic hit.

Stranger in a Strange Land
Red Light
Angel of Harlem
Some Days are Better Than Others
When I Look at the World
Original of the Species

They all used to be my least favourite songs on their respective albums, now I get excited when they come on.

Zootlesque said:

Forget LIB... how could Beautiful Day be a grower??? It's such an immediate pleaser and sounds like it was made to be an anthemic hit.
It sounded too commercial to me at first. And it was played to death--which really is the main killer of good songs.

BONO'ppetit said:
It sounded too commercial to me at first. And it was played to death--which really is the main killer of good songs.

Yeah... it is commercial I agree but not more than everything else since. And I sincerely believe that Beautiful day is the only song from ATYCLB that immediately appealed to even the old U2 fans. It was Track 2 (Stuck) that made our jaws drop.

Never used to make it past the first verse of The Wanderer. Couldn't stand Johnny Cash's voice. Still don't like it very much (at least in such a weird context), but I've come to tolerate/appreciate it, and I love the song.

Used to like Lemon, now I worship it.

Zootlesque said:

Yeah... it is commercial I agree but not more than everything else since. And I sincerely believe that Beautiful day is the only song from ATYCLB that immediately appealed to even the old U2 fans. It was Track 2 (Stuck) that made our jaws drop.
Well I guess I forgot to see what everyone else liked before I decided that. LOL No, I'm just unique. :tongue:

Zootlesque said:

I'm an "old" U2 fan and the first time I heard BD I thought it sounded like "U2 lite." I still feel that way.

As for songs it took me forever to start liking but that I now love:
The Wanderer
Dirty Day
just about anything off Pop
In A Little While
Wild Honey

Staring at the sun... I'm starting to like it but is taking some more time to become one of my favorites

Last edited:
Electric Co,An Cat Dubh
Didn't really like these two songs....until uhmm this tour...now i can't get enought of either of them....old and new versions :dance:

Back
Top Bottom