Were U2 ever 'cool'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KhanadaRhodes said:

i know they weren't in my town at least. hardly anyone came to the concert and i got teased relentlessly for having attended the show. :( :down:

Khanada is sooo uncool :nerd:

:wink:

I think U2 were cool when they were "Rock's Hottest Ticket" Joshua Tree and then ZOO TV.

I think they are fairly cool now (in the UK) even to my age group (20). The song Vertigo and Vertigo Tour have imprinted them on naughties culture pretty well. Coldplay are not cool. I like them, but I don't think people think they are cool. Middle class office workers who want to be cool think coldplay ARE cool. That is not cool. Gwen Stefani had a song called Cool, which isn't cool. I love cool. Adam is the King of Cool

I'm 20 and i think the people of my generation think of them as not very cool but they repect them.
I started Uni a couple of months ago and when people find out that i'm this U2 fanatic a lot of the responses i get are "i like their old stuff but i don't really like their new stuff".

most of the people i meet respect them and on the whole they all agree on one thing - they all hate Bono. The only person i've met that actually likes Bono and his work is a guy who lives next to me and is a practising Christian who does charity work himself so that doesn't really surprise me.

i can't really guage how 'cool' U2 were pre-ATYCLB because of my age and also because i didn't really listen to them then but i don't think anybody can wear the kind of clothes they wore during Popmart and get away with it! popmart = uncool IMO.

Back
Top Bottom