WELL SAID MARCO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmaven

Babyface
THIS COUNTRY FORGETS HOW MANY BOMBS IT HAS RAINED ON THE WORLD FOR PROFIT. THOSE TOWERS WERE A SYMBOL OF WORLD BANKING PRACTICES WHICH THE USA BOTH CREATES AND FUNDS. THEY ARE FOR THE LAST TWENTY YEARS IN THE BUSINESS OF BANKRUPTING THE THIRD WORLD THROUGHT BOUGHT INTEREST RATES AND DEBT THAT THEY TRADE AMONG THEMSELVES FOR PROFIT TO THEMSELVES WITH NO COMPASSION OR DECENCY TO THE EXPENSE IN HUMAN LIVES THEY CAUSE. THERE WAS AN ATTACK ON THAT TUESDAY NOT ON AMERICA PER SE. AMERCIA HOUSED THE TARGET AND FUNDED THE MACHINE THAT DESTROYED IT. DO ANY OF YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT SIDE YOUR COUNTRY IS ON THIS MINUTE? JUST FOLLOW THE CHECKBOOK AND DUCK...

Originally posted by gmaven:
DO ANY OF YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT SIDE YOUR COUNTRY IS ON THIS MINUTE? JUST FOLLOW THE CHECKBOOK AND DUCK...

Do you really know how strong the USA is when our people are united against a common enemy? Do you really know how strong our military is?

We are not the ones who should duck or will duck. We will stand strong and defend our country, our beliefs, our freedom!

------------------
If they knock you down get right back up. That's the only way to do it. ~ Elvis Presley

[This message has been edited by Like O2 (edited 09-14-2001).]

gmaven,

that was probably the stupidest post I've ever seen at Interference. Usually I welcome newbies, but you're a dumbass.

------------------
"Look what you did you little JERK!"

"Kevin! You're such a disease!"

The newbie (welcome, even if you don't share my opinions) has a point!

There are a lot of countries, organisations who strongly (fanaticly) reject capitalism. The US as the biggest symbol of that system makes an ideal target. The effects of the destruction of the WTC and with it the financial heart of the US is sure to have a negative effect on stocks.

Originally posted by mikal:
gmaven,

that was probably the stupidest post I've ever seen at Interference. Usually I welcome newbies, but you're a dumbass.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by gmaven:
THIS COUNTRY FORGETS HOW MANY BOMBS IT HAS RAINED ON THE WORLD FOR PROFIT. THOSE TOWERS WERE A SYMBOL OF WORLD BANKING PRACTICES WHICH THE USA BOTH CREATES AND FUNDS. THEY ARE FOR THE LAST TWENTY YEARS IN THE BUSINESS OF BANKRUPTING THE THIRD WORLD THROUGHT BOUGHT INTEREST RATES AND DEBT THAT THEY TRADE AMONG THEMSELVES FOR PROFIT TO THEMSELVES WITH NO COMPASSION OR DECENCY TO THE EXPENSE IN HUMAN LIVES THEY CAUSE. THERE WAS AN ATTACK ON THAT TUESDAY NOT ON AMERICA PER SE. AMERCIA HOUSED THE TARGET AND FUNDED THE MACHINE THAT DESTROYED IT. DO ANY OF YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT SIDE YOUR COUNTRY IS ON THIS MINUTE? JUST FOLLOW THE CHECKBOOK AND DUCK...
To say that the US is "in the business of bankrupting the third world" is complete and utter B.S. We send as much if not more money in charity and aid than any other country. Also, we can hear you. You don't have to YELL.

Actually, I want to apologize for my last comment. It's kind of hard not to get fired up about this.

But gmaven, it almost sounds like you are trying to justify the attacks on America. If that is the case, then I will never have respect for you or your opinions.

------------------

Actually, I want to apologize for my last comment. It's kind of hard not to get fired up about this.

It's ok, Mikal,it happens to me all the time!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

it almost sounds like you are trying to justify the attacks on America.

Be careful. I think he was trying to explain - in a roundabout way - why these attacks happened.

There is a difference between understanding why they happened and coming out and saying they were justified.

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
Be careful. I think he was trying to explain - in a roundabout way - why these attacks happened.

There is a difference between understanding why they happened and coming out and saying they were justified.

I hope you're right. But the "thumbs up" Icon and the All Caps in his post made it seem that way.

------------------

GMAVEN-

FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE.

OH, AND BY THE WAY, WELCOME.

-dancing bearfoot

----------------------
bears just gotta dance

This thread will be closed in a matter of seconds.

------------------

** Sicy decides to stay out of it.

biggrin.gif

Although it would be really fun to get in it.

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

how about we let this flame intened post die.

We all know this alter ego of someone here that dont have the balls to say anything has posted this.

Lets not let him stir us up. Then we will feed right into ours hands.

So, they say that 1 million US flags have been sold since tuesday. In canada, they have sold more in the last three days then they do in a year. You cant find flags in my city. Thats great!!!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

This thread will be closed in a matter of seconds.

mikal-

"Marv, I think we're being scammed by a kindygartner."

If someone has to use an alter-ego to express their opinions it shows that they are not very confident in their opinions. If you feel something, come out and say it. U2 fans are probably the most understanding and forgiving people out there. I mean hey, we wait 4 years for every U2 album and we still love them!
wink.gif

------------------

ya no doubt. I wonder when the new alblum will be started.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by Dancing Barefoot:
GMAVEN-

FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE.

OH, AND BY THE WAY, WELCOME.

-dancing bearfoot

Ehhh, Barefoot, ahhhh for the group would you mind explaining your "true" feelings, please, go ahead...LOL-(Barefoot w/the brass-knuckle punch)-Db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Originally posted by bonoman:
ya no doubt. I wonder when the new alblum will be started.

Alright! Let's make this into a U2 thread!

------------------

ya its not like there is any out there!

------------------

Funny how gmaven won't even reply to his/her own thread. Never start an argument you can't finish!

------------------

Well!
This thread wears my name on it, and it is about my posts in another thread - "why people hate us american", or something like that. In there I just wanted to explain why some people hate America (not me - you just iritate me sometimes - go to that thread and please read about it).
So, if this thread started about justifying the atack, then I'm not behind that - nothing can justify something like that. Please just try to look at it as a kind of explenation about why people resent athe US!

Originally posted by Marko:
Well!
This thread wears my name on it, and it is about my posts in another thread - "why people hate us american", or something like that. In there I just wanted to explain why some people hate America (not me - you just iritate me sometimes - go to that thread and please read about it).
So, if this thread started about justifying the atack, then I'm not behind that - nothing can justify something like that. Please just try to look at it as a kind of explenation about why people resent athe US!

I read your remarks and I thought they were very respectful. I actually agree with some of the things you said. And I'm American!

I just didn't like the tone in which gmaven said(typed) his/her remarks.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom