U2 vertigo on VH1 - now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So how'd it look on the big screen then? a lot better than the little quicktime screen I've been viewing it on I'm sure!

It looked very excellent indeed
the visual effects are stunning

They had a commerical for the premire- then they had a lead up to the vidoe with the "VJ's" who called it u2's 14 studio album:reject:

so bring on the 1,2,3,14 debate again

still it is great to see u2 on TV again:)

The Vertigo video sucks pretty bad. For a group that is about 4 guys playing in a room together, there sure are a lot of computer graphics in the video. Why they just didn't shoot it on a soundstage, I don't know.

I wish U2 would make a good video...someday.

To see the video without going to VH1's site:

First, go here: http://g0rman.com/vv.txt (so you see the full link, and it doesn't get cut off -- make sure it copies on just one line)

Open the URL you find on this page in Windows Media Player for direct access to the video. This will also work for Mac users.

Although, the quality appears worse than the Quicktime version we already had.

The video is growning on me a little, but it's still repetetive for me. God, u2 have made some bad videos. I was watching the 90-2000 DVD yesterday, I think "Discotheque" actually made people not buy the POP album. I don't care if it was all fun, it was horrible. The boys were the absolute king of cool with ZOOTV, then that video came out. They dressed horribly and then dressed like the village people, what were they thinking?? It's such a good song too. I really feel if they just did a couple small things differently with POP and the tour it could have been such a bigger success.

Discotheque is a GREAT video, aside from the dressing up at the end(which is great) I reckon the video is great for the song. Especially their attempts at dancing like John Travolta, come on get your head from out of your arse and laugh at something that is supposed to be funny, and to say people didn't buy the album cos of this video is crap, a lot of people didn't buy the album cos they didn't like the different music on the album. A lot of USA U2 fans are just stuck in the 80's Joshua Tree era and thats ALL they want to hear. The VIDEO is great for Discotheque and the album is FUC~ING SUPERB as well!

rjhbonovox said:
and to say people didn't buy the album cos of this video is crap,

that was a joke, buddy...see, this is a forum, where people express opinions...forums = opinions. Is that hard to comprehend? so if I dont like the "Discotheque" video, I dont have to, and if you do like the village people dance with the random girl dancing then like it, more power to you. I hope you're comment about Americans stuck in JT times has nothing to do with me, I'm not American. Telling someone to take their head out of their ass because they dont like a fucking music video might be the dumbest thing I've heard anyone say lately on this forum. I love the song, just not the video. Calm down buddy.

Meant as tongue in cheek comment (head an' arse bit that is) but the comments about the USA not liking the 1993-97 era is true thats why U2 went back to the 80's sound for the last album and this album so they could sell loads again in USA or thats how it seems to me. Getting back to the video Vertigo's a pretty good video and goes great with the song, a feeling of dizzyness is what the songs about and I think the video enhances the song.

rjhbonovox said:
Meant as tongue in cheek comment (head an' arse bit that is) but the comments about the USA not liking the 1993-97 era is true thats why U2 went back to the 80's sound for the last album and this album so they could sell loads again in USA or thats how it seems to me. Getting back to the video Vertigo's a pretty good video and goes great with the song, a feeling of dizzyness is what the songs about and I think the video enhances the song.

Pop was still very innovative and the tour was ahead of its time... its funny because with ATYCLB they kind of merged all the extra sound effects from pop into songs with ATYCLB, and I really can't say that they totally recaptured the 80's sound because it was something new... like for example.. if you take out the chorus from Beautiful Day, what would that song be? it would sound more like mofo or if god would send his angels... and i think from what i've heard from the new album they've even taken more ideas from pop (COBL was from the pop era for starters... ABOY feels like a version of LNOE with more emotion, etc)

Back
Top Bottom