U2 things that you like but everyone else hates.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Halifax

The Fly
So name a song, lyric, cover album design, fasion piece, aspects of a concert or ANYTHING U2 related that you like but has been met with condemnation by your fellow fans.

Am I the only one that actually LIKES the fact that U2 are giving light to problems in Africa or human rights issues in the current tour? To me, that's one of the many things which make U2 unique for a run in the mill rock band. Its a band and a rock concert with a concience.

The intro to the album version of "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses."

I like it and find that it fits the album well.

Last edited:
Halifax said:
Am I the only one that actually LIKES the fact that U2 are giving light to problems in Africa or human rights issues in the current tour? To me, that's one of the many things which make U2 unique for a run in the mill rock band. Its a band and a rock concert with a concience.

No, you're not the only one (staring at the sun, afraid of what you'll find, if you took a look inside.... Oops, couldn't help it :D )

As for me, I like ATYCLB and HTDAAB. I think there's two or three of us floating around the forum. :wink:

Is That All? Is That All? Is That Allll?

One of U2's top 15 songs!

I also love Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop?)

I also love the lyric booklet for PoP, but no one ever thinks it's worth a mention

Re: Re: U2 things that you like but everyone else hates.

Meghan said:

As for me, I like ATYCLB and HTDAAB. I think there's two or three of us floating around the forum. :wink:

Actually, make that four! :rockon:

Re: Re: Re: U2 things that you like but everyone else hates.

Halifax said:

Actually, make that four! :rockon:

5, add me.

The Refugee, October album, Grace, Wild Honey, Adam's afro, Pop Edge, Discotheque video, oh did I mention ATYCLB and Atomic Bomb.

WalkOn21 said:
Pop / ATYCLB / October :wink:

LOL, ditto. Add HTDAAB to the list for me, too.

I also like "The Refugee", "Red Light", "Elevation", and "So Cruel" (I've seen some praise of this song, but I've also seen some who don't care for it, either-it's one of my favorite U2 songs), "Miami", "Grace", and "Wild Honey", too. And "Is That All?" isn't a bad song, no. And the "Discotheque" video amuses me greatly.

And I, too, like that Bono's bringing the Africa problems to light. Those who are irritated by it make it seem like this is something new-Bono's been involved with Africa stuff and with various charity works and all that for about 21 years now. I was watching him on that "Charlie Rose" show earlier tonight and I rather like that he's got a lot of faith in this generation to set things right regarding all those problems. It's nice to hear some optimism about this generation :up:.

Also, I like-no, make that love "Trip Through Your Wires". That song doesn't get nearly the love it deserves on here. It's in my top 5 for favorite songs from The Joshua Tree. Fun song.

That's all I can think of right now.

Angela

I LOVE HTDAAB and despise Zooropa (the album).

I've come to find that I am in the minority BIG TIME on these! Lol...

neutral said:
-Elvis Presley and America, I really love the song.
-Gas mask Adam. :reject:
-The "freedom has a scent like the top of a new born baby's head" line of Miracle Drug. :uhoh:

I agree with all of these! Except I prefer the 'freedom' line in "Levitate". ;)

I love ALL of October and All That You Can't Leave Behind, and think Red Ligh and Refugee are brilliant! so there.

neutral said:
Elvis Presley and America, I really love the song.

Gas mask Adam. :reject:

The "freedom has a scent like the top of a new born baby's head" line of Miracle Drug. :uhoh:

That's one of my favorite lines. I also love the last two albums. Bono's activism. I even like Grace:shh:

• The Playboy Mansion
  • The Refugee
  • One Step Closer
  • TTTYAATW
  • October - the album
  • Trip Through Your Wires
  • Love Rescue Me

That's all I can think of right now

POP. I love everything about Pop.

Trip Through Your Wires

October

I can't think of anything else.

neutral said:
The "freedom has a scent like the top of a new born baby's head" line of Miracle Drug. :uhoh:

hehe...i actually like that line in the song but yeah a lot of people slam it.

i like it when they play Elevation live but it seemed like a lot of people were annoyed with that song. i donno...i like singing along with the "woo hoo"s, it's fun! :wink: :reject: the lyrics may be crap but i don't care.

Back
Top Bottom