u2 should let fans run U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neilfinn3970

Babyface
Okay so I know that they don't like to hire fans. But I'm thinking that they should at least get some people to run the site who care about the music!!?

Getting song titles wrong, late with key news items, and a host of other frustrations which others could probably name better.

Discuss! :wink:

Tim

Haha like your name Timothius! I used to be called that once in a while. Aye yes Neil way rocks & his brother ain't so bad either...maybe it's the name!

Anyways some serious blue crack members should run U2.com. It would be wayyyyyyyyyy better that way. Now if we could just convince the band....

Tim aka Neil Finn

There are numerous things wrong with U2. com (and consequently, U2 themselves. It's their name on the site after all.).

As mentioned in the initial post on this thread, one of the most infuriating things about U2.com is that the people who run the band's own website cannot SPELL THE TITLES TO U2'S SONGS! Actually, it's one song that stands out: "Running to Stand Still."

As the Vertigo tour took off, U2.com began posting the setlists, as they always do. Night after night after night the song would be listed as "Running to Standstill."

This utterly boggles my mind. Does anyone proofread anything in the U2 organization? Why is this not important to the band and its support staff?

Later on, I see an official press release touting the Chicago DVD. I check the set list. Sure enough, there's "Running to Standstill" again. I'm thinking there is no way they'll let the DVD go to print like that.

There's a way. The back of the DVD has "Running to Standstill" printed on it.

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

U2 is still great, but they've stumbled badly here and there during the last two years, and that's just one small, but glaring, bit of proof.

Don't get me started on the Communication CD. The "Elevation" is extremely sloppy and jagged (Bono begins coughing in the middle of it and says he has a frog in the throat, and the whole song just sounds like ass.) Why release this performance? Surely they could have selected a better version for their U2.com members, OR, selected another song entirely! Looks like I just burned 40 bucks.

WR-58B2-PP.jpg

U2's head Intarwebs master.

catlhere said:
WR-58B2-PP.jpg

U2's head Intarwebs master.

i am cry, I like Ray Charles, RIP :sad:

but the joke is funny :lol:

next time use Stevie Wonder, he's still alive

"Click here for tomorrow's Setlist" = Genius

Problem with allowing fans to run the website is that they would lose all sense of proportion and say totally out of space things...maybe...

Having said that, quality standards would certainly go up. Look at the effort put into some U2 fansites, they put U2.com to shame!

Back
Top Bottom