U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot say how I know this and I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this but we should see the new album November 18th in the States. Those who know me know that I'm not BSing this.

I'm calling Nov. 26th. Complete with Black Friday apps and special discounts on deluxe versions. As much as I wanted late Sept/early Oct, I will gladly take a November release as it means NEW ALBUM THIS YEAR!!!! :hyper::hyper:

I hope Bono is ok

:lmao: Oh god, this is back?

We're most likely either looking at Nov 19th or 26th here in the States.

Wasn't AB's release the same day? Nov 18th? I was a bitty one back then so I dont remember...

I -know- November 26th is familiar, but I'll be damned if I know why lol. (My son's bday is the 29th so that week would be great for him :lol: )

I agree with djerap here. Once again, he NEVER SAID that artists over 50 aren't creative. He was responding to the cliche quoting of "dream it all up again". Does anyone truly think this band can wipe the slate clean and go in a completely unpredictable direction?

Because U2 had already taken so many left turns along their career, and explored so much musical territory, it would be difficult for them to truly surprise at this point, especially as they're concerned with remaining relevant (Bono's own words) in a mainstream fashion.

That's a fair point I agree with. But at the same time, I think that an artist or a band, even without a groundbreaking experimental venture, can still provide a good songwriting. Now, for me that's the point at this time of their career. The songwriting is an aspect that can amaze even when you artist are walking through already explored paths. IMHO.

That's a fair point I agree with. But at the same time, I think that an artist or a band, even without a groundbreaking experimental venture, can still provide a good songwriting. Now, for me that's the point at this time of their career. The songwriting is an aspect that can amaze even when you artist are walking through already explored paths. IMHO.

I don't think I said anything that contradicts this. The third paragraph of my post (which you didn't quote), said to hope for a good collection of uncompromised material. Clearly they're still capable of writing strong songs; it's the overproduction and second-guessing that has plagued them for a while.

I dont think a concrete name is out yet, but what the hell, we should all guess. :lol:

10 Reasons To Exist and Songs of Ascent are most likely NOT going to happen.

I'd love to have had a Sept release so they could call it "Equinox" but such is life. :huh:

Im guessing 'click clack' & 'protect this house' aren't going to happen either :sexywink:

I cannot say how I know this and I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this but we should see the new album November 18th in the States. Those who know me know that I'm not BSing this.

Well if U2 really does have an album coming out this year - they aren't going to be able to keep a lid on much once Universal has its mitts on the album.

They can try to do so but those marketing/distribution channels are full of people that can just as easily share that info. It's not like it's state secrets. U2 trying to play this quiet is fairly amusing but I give them credit for trying.

Well if U2 really does have an album coming out this year - they aren't going to be able to keep a lid on much once Universal has its mitts on the album.

They can try to do so but those marketing/distribution channels are full of people that can just as easily share that info. It's not like it's state secrets. U2 trying to play this quiet is fairly amusing but I give them credit for trying.

So if single doesn't drop by the end of the September then we panic?

Given what you've posted on this forum over the years I wouldn't go making such a bold claim.

I'm not saying you're BSing (actually, thanks for sharing this rumor), but you posted this a few months back:

Take it with a grain of salt but I am releasing my new album in the fall and I was advised not to Sept 24th cause a huge release is dropping that day

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/larry-speaks-about-new-album-215002-24.html#post7631506

What release are you referring to? You mentioned September 23 will be the date the single will drop.

Weren't you the same guy who told us that the Giants Stadium 360 gig was going to be canceled because of a lack of time to prepare the claw, and you knew this because "you knew a guy?"

My BS Meter just went into overdrive.

Weren't you the same guy who told us that the Giants Stadium 360 gig was going to be canceled because of a lack of time to prepare the claw, and you knew this because "you knew a guy?"

My BS Meter just went into overdrive.

Haaa! Yea you were. You were also the one who had sources that told you that a) there would be a 4th NYC area 360 show, b) HBO was filming one of the shows, c) claimed to be wealthy with all these sources yet sat in the 300s at shows "to get a better view", and stayed at the Meadowlands Fairfield Inn and walked to the stadium down the highway because that's what all rich people do, and lastly, d) challenged me to a fight over the interwebs.

You, sir, are full of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom