U2 perform GOYB at the Grammys Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I'm sorry, but this Grammy show is so "old white folk" oriented, that it even makes me, a young white guy, uncomfortable and embarrassed.

Sorry if this was already asked....but did he really say "Thank you Walter.....Can we get Whitney Houston on the show?" as he walked off?

God I can't stand John Mayer.

But I did see BB King, Lil Richard, and Al Green in Baltimore two summers ago. And BB is still indeed the King.

He performed When Love Comes to Town, too!

Well, U2 kicked ass. Aside from poor sound mixing (not their fault) and Bono being out of breath the entire time (what the fuck?), they kicked ass. Major ass. Bono looked like he was living out ZooTV in 2009. I can't see anyone not digging that.

But who is Walter?

walter_sobchak.jpg

BB King was excellent! Showin' John Mayer how it's done. Sorry kiddo, you're not quite there yet. lol.

After watching tonight's performance a few times over...

I think overall it was a solid performance by the boys.

And Bono's voice was just fine. it was strong and clear.

The only major mix up seems to have occured during the "let me inthe sound" bit and of course Edge's guitar sounding off.

But, we have to remember this is not U2's sound team here. These are grammy sound people who're just worried about gettingthe next act on.

I think on tour everything will sound just fine.

P.S. I didn't really enjoy the lyrics in the background. Made it look a little cheesy

Well, U2 kicked ass. Aside from poor sound mixing (not their fault) and Bono being out of breath the entire time (what the fuck?), they kicked ass. Major ass. Bono looked like he was living out ZooTV in 2009. I can't see anyone not digging that.

most definitely......bono just needs to get his tour legs

Aside from the lyrics, the graphics were really fucking cool. And I cannot say enough about the ZooTV throwback. I hope that shit continues, 'cause it's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom