U2 perform GOYB at the Grammys Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2grammys2009.jpg

I :heart: you BonoComet :)

I thought the boys did fine considering they haven't had a chance to work the live kinks out of the song yet. Bad sound mix tho. I thought it was just my TV but apparently not. I shall refrain from commenting on Coldplay because there is some saying about "if you can't say something nice..." ahem.

Next year, U2 to sweep Grammys! :D

Ok am I the only one that thought the beginning of the song resembled BTBS?

I don't care if they loose or if they win. I don't care if people love them. I care that i used to like them and now i can't stand Chris Martin.

First record produced by Eno and he calls it their UF? C'mon! At least The Beatles were done for more than 20 years when the Gallaghers started all that sucking thing.

So then it would be CBS that will come after us? I'm not scared of them.
Universal are the ones I dont want to piss off.

Viacom has enough clout to take stuff down from YouTube, but they probably won't care about this, much less threaten legal action. Universal tends to turn a blind eye to bootlegs, and that's what this would be classified as. That's why U2Torrents and U2Start are alive and thriving without Uni caring. U2Start has a very liberal copyright-policy; anything and everything except DVD rips can go up as bootlegs (for instance, their second ZooTV Syndey night is a Westwood One radio broadcast of the already-edited concert). U2Torrents has a policy very similar to Interference's; no official material is allowed, including bootlegs of concerts that have been released in part or in whole officially. They allow this type of thing all the time.

2009 is U2's year. You can see the potential in their performance, it was just a number of technical faults letting it down. Overall I have to say, it left me excited and I've never seen the guys play so energetic.

Yeah not bad. I would have thought that people would understand with the amount of electronic effects in the studio version that its bound to sound a bit different live. Thought it was pretty good although I think Bono struggled with the vocals in the early verses. But the second part of the song was pretty good especially as Edges guitar was more prominent in "let me in the sound" bit which it should have been on the studio version. Yeah not bad, I can dig it!:applaud:

Viacom has enough clout to take stuff down from YouTube, but they probably won't care about this, much less threaten legal action. Universal tends to turn a blind eye to bootlegs, and that's what this would be classified as. That's why U2Torrents and U2Start are alive and thriving without Uni caring. U2Start has a very liberal copyright-policy; anything and everything except DVD rips can go up as bootlegs (for instance, their second ZooTV Syndey night is a Westwood One radio broadcast of the already-edited concert). U2Torrents has a policy very similar to Interference's; no official material is allowed, including bootlegs of concerts that have been released in part or in whole officially. They allow this type of thing all the time.

Thanks for the info. Yeah we allow concert bootleg links to be posted, and most unofficial material.

I think CBS are okay with You Tube. I was looking for some stuff from Letterman a few weeks ago, and there was tons of CBS video up. I think it's NBC that freaks out about it.

The performance isn't nearly as bad as the comments led me to believe. The band sounded far better than they did when they played during inauguration weekend last month.

If anything, Bono seemed tired. Edge was all there.

Back
Top Bottom