U2 on TV Sunday night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamanthaPuff

War Child
i just saw a commercial that said U2 will be on ABC Sunday night. It's going to be that Boston show again but it's supposed to also show some never before seen behind the scenes footage. Does anybody know anything about this? Let's watch it anyway and see. It could be cool. :cool:

Desire4Bono said:
Did ABC buy out the old family channel or is it something else? I'm so out of TV since I took up with the internet! Isn't this on the same time as that Queen Elizabeth thing?

I'm not sure wether it is the old family channel. My kids watch that channel a lot, they have a lot of family oriented shows on it. A lot of Kate and Ashley shows and movies, my kids love those girls. They also show many concerts, they've recently had a Jennifer Lopez concert and a No Doubt special. Whenever the U2 commercial for the Boston concert comes on, my daughter screams at me to come and watch it.

I think (I'm not positive) but the Queen Elizabeth concert is on VH1 at 9:00 on Sunday night.

Last edited:
PHWWOOOAARR Yeah I saw that commercial too!! For some reason I was watching the Olsen twins show whilst practicing geetar and all of a sudden I hear "HOO-OO" And I'm like WTF!! And it was Bon-OH. :D Even though I have the DVD.....I'm gonna watch it anyway. Let's give 'em the ratings they deserve.....

tiny dancer said:
Yes Dipster it is the old Family Channel. Pat Roberterson sold it to ABC.

He must've wanted/needed the money. Greedy. Gave up his 'family' standards for more cash. You know he's got a billion dollar compound on a mountaintop.

What's that speech about the televangelist again?:rolleyes:

"The God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"

Desire4Bono said:

He must've wanted/needed the money. Greedy. Gave up his 'family' standards for more cash. You know he's got a billion dollar compound on a mountaintop.

What's that speech about the televangelist again?:rolleyes:

"The God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"

the new "fox" family channel is still G-rated family oriented shows last time i checked.

Whew! I'm so glad the Boston show is going to be televised again! I missed it the first 28 times it was shown.

Kidding, kidding ... well, mostly kidding. At any rate, if it has new footage, I'll be watching!

You know, I only saw the commercial for the ABC broadcast once, but I believe I remember that it was carefully phrased: "never before seen on *network* TV." This led me to think it's exactly the thing that has been seen on VH-1 already. We'll find out Sunday.

mebythesea said:
You know, I only saw the commercial for the ABC broadcast once, but I believe I remember that it was carefully phrased: "never before seen on *network* TV." This led me to think it's exactly the thing that has been seen on VH-1 already. We'll find out Sunday.

That is exactly right, mebythesea. I saw the commercial myself last night while I was watching Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure *does air guitar*.....anyway, I noticed when he said "never before seen footage....." I was like HUH????? then he continued, ".....on network tv .

So there you go.

Dude, I LOVE Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure! Got it on DVD for 10 bucks at Meijer! woo-hoo! Anyway, I figured the "never-before-seen-footage" was seen by those of us with the DVD. I mean, how could it not be?

Well, I'll be watching Party at the Palace, but I'll be sure to flip to U2 every once and awhile.

I hope my cousin watches it! She always watches those kids movies on Sunday, hope she watches this! The girl could use some culuture. Damn boy bands!

Dearest Zoonationals -

Why is it that I cannot seem to find any listing for this concert in my trusty ol' TV guide? ABC right? Some assistance would be appreciated.

- The Zoocifer -

I'm pretty sure the "never before seen" footage will be new to me since I don't own the DVD (I don't have a DVD player). I taped the Boston show when it was on VH1 but I'll tape tonight's show too, just in case they do show footage that wasn't on VH1. I hope this time they leave in U2's performances of the Achtung Baby songs.

oh my gosh, where have I been???? U2 Elevation tonight??? What? We better have this channel! Can't wait to see it! Now I really have an excuse not to go babysit my nephews tonight hehe!! Thanks everyone for the info!:yes:

tiny dancer said:
Yes Dipster it is the old Family Channel. Pat Roberterson sold it to ABC.

Actually t.d., Disney bought the Fox Family Channel, which Fox purchased from Robertson, and renamed it ABC Family channel.

Last edited:
Zoocifer said:
Dearest Zoonationals -

Why is it that I cannot seem to find any listing for this concert in my trusty ol' TV guide? ABC right? Some assistance would be appreciated.

- The Zoocifer -

Well I only have basic cable and luckily I have it, channel 36

It comes on in 20 minutes!!!

I have the show tape I bought, but I am hoping something new will be snuck in.

Anyway I will have it on for ratings anyway!!!!!!!

Not another 1997!!!!

*final bump
(sorry)

Who-ooooo

Like I haven't seen this a million times already! Who cares, one more time wont hurt :) Kicks the ass of anything else that might be on.

Hey, I missed the show, did it have anything that was not on the DVD?

No new material, same as DVD. They did not play UTEOTW, New York, and Bullet.

I taped it while I was gone, I hope it came out. Was it good? Anything special?

Back
Top Bottom