U2 ON AMERICAN TV TOMORROW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mullen-Girl

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Yes that's right! U2 will be getting together with tons of other actors and singers tomorrow when ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX do a show called America: A Tribute to Heros. It has been confirmed. Now it's going to be a telethon broadcasted tomorrow I believe so keep an eye out for that. ok sorry I took it off but anyway I think it's a good way to get people to donate money to help the victims, also I think most of the major networks will be broadcasting it, not only these 4.
Here's part of the snippet:

AMERICA: A TRIBUTE TO HEROES"
LIVE ON ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC

On Friday, September 21 (9:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.), the entertainment industry will come together in an historic fashion to raise funds and raise the spirits of all who have been touched by the horrific tragedy that has struck America.

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 09-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 09-20-2001).]

I don't know if you could really say anything in honor of those who passed in last tuesday's tragic events is gonna "rock"

------------------
But that's my opinion, I could be wrong.
-Dennis Miller

Dressing like your sister, living like a tart. They don't know what you're doing, babe it must be art. You're a headache... in a suitcase... You're a star.

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase:
I don't know if you could really say anything in honor of those who passed in last tuesday's tragic events is gonna "rock"

I heard the last thing the passengers of Flight 93 said before they took on the terrorists was 'let's rock.' That's cool! They'd want us to rock in their honor!

------------------
~some days are better than others~

SamanthaPuff

Hi! Just a wee line to say that the guy on the plane actually said, according to his wife, "let's roll", not "let's rock". I saw this thing in the papers (The Times) and the wife said that it was typical of him to say that as every time her family goes on a family outing, he always says that.... God bless him!

I personally dont think U2 would appear tonight but yeah it would be nice if they do as it would have a resonance with them since Bono has a home in New York. Then again they are not Americans so it might be a bit insensitive to appear. Do you agree?

dougal

I think it is bizarre that people question whether U2 will be playing this event. It has been listed on all the major networks and news outlets and even youknowwho.net has a couple of links on it too.

U2 may not play there in NYC, I have a feeling it will be a satellite appearance. But they will be on the show. Imagine the PR nightmare if they are not after it has been publicized that they are.

Here are some links:
http://abc.go.com/primetime/specials/heroes/
http://www.fox.com/specials/heroes/
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,8856,00.html

My local news was talking about it, and they were showing clips of artists to be there, and I saw a clip of U2 from POPMart. So, U2LA is correct...U2 is going to play.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

U2 was also mentioned on BBC News website this morning so it looks like that U2 will be on the telethon after all.....

I agree with U2LA, it'll probably be a satellite appearance. Though I wouldnt be surprised if they appear in person in New York..... Shame I couldnt watch it here in UK but I hope a good deal of money will be raised to help those families of firefighters, police and thousands of other ordinary people killed in the attacks....god bless them!

dougal

Is this finally confirmation, or just another rumor? I want them to be there, but I'll believe it when I see them. I hope so though. What song do you think they'd do?

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Back
Top Bottom