U2 needs to play theatres again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clifedge

War Child
I don't even mean for a whole tour. But just a few shows would be awesome in a theatre venue.

Radiohead just did a theatre tour of the US and Canada. And the Rolling Stones have just announced two shows at the Beacon Theatre in NYC (capacity: 2894).

I would fly anywhere to see U2 if they did the same thing.

Jeannieco said:
Try to get a ticket, that would be a trick!
True, but man! - wouldn't it be worth it???? :drool: :drool: :yes:

Then again, being with them in an intimate setting like a 3000 person theatre, I'd probably just dissolve into a pile of goo before they finished the first song! :faint: :lmao:

Last edited:
clifedge said:
I don't even mean for a whole tour. But just a few shows would be awesome in a theatre venue.

Radiohead just did a theatre tour of the US and Canada. And the Rolling Stones have just announced two shows at the Beacon Theatre in NYC (capacity: 2894).

I would fly anywhere to see U2 if they did the same thing.

Stones at the Beacon, I didn't hear about that? How much are those tickets 1.9 Mil :wink:

Re: Re: U2 needs to play theatres again

one4u2 said:

Stones at the Beacon, I didn't hear about that? How much are those tickets 1.9 Mil :wink:

No announcement yet for price or on-sale date. But 1.9mil sounds about right.

Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 needs to play theatres again

What really U2 need is get rid of the US corporate mainstream (that's include Rick Rubin, Green Day and all that) for God's sake!, dream it all up again and have the courage to make a Tour outside the States, like they did it with Lovetown Tour :heart:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 needs to play theatres again

ponkine said:
What really U2 need is get rid of the US corporate mainstream (that's include Rick Rubin, Green Day and all that) for God's sake!, dream it all up again and have the courage to make a Tour outside the States, like they did it with Lovetown Tour :heart:

I agree...at least with most of what you're saying. We'll wait and see what Rick Rubin does with them. As far as Green Day goes I think that's a "one-off" and besides it's a great old school punk song so what the hell - it sure beats Mary J. Blige does it not???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 needs to play theatres again

ponkine said:

There was no "courage" for the Lovetown tour. The Lovetown tour was done for one reason only. To make up the Australian dates for the Joshua Tree that were canceled. Otherwise it wouldnt have happened. Had absolutely nothing to do with not playing the U.S. Sorry to burst your consistantly negative bubble.

A theater tour would be terrific, but before U2 can do one, they need to prove that they can handle ticket sales and distribution better. Otherwise all the tickets will just end up on ebay and in the hands of scalpers, which isn't going to do most of us any good.

Given the ticket fiasco last year, I'm not convinced their business team can handle it now.

Arena's are small enough for u2. The aim for u2 is to play to as many people as possible without going into the red.

The amount of bitching around here about not getting tix if U2 played theatres would be mind-blowing.

It would be pretty cool...capacity of Point Depot is like 5000 isn't it? Small enough...

Well, U2 should play theatres again, but they can't. After the last 2 tickets fiascos, why bother? All of the brokers and the "members" of u2.com would gobble them up.
What would be cool is if they played one show in a theatre and made a DVD of their performance. You know, one of those "An Intimate Evening U2" shows. That might be cool.

MrPryck2U said:
Well, U2 should play theatres again, but they can't. After the last 2 tickets fiascos, why bother? All of the brokers and the "members" of u2.com would gobble them up.
What would be cool is if they played one show in a theatre and made a DVD of their performance. You know, one of those "An Intimate Evening U2" shows. That might be cool.

Sure. That would be awesome. Like I said, I don't mean an entire tour. Just a couple shows.

Back
Top Bottom