U2 music on WWF PPV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RufusYoungblood

Mr. MacPhisto's Whiney Wench
Beautiful day was used at the background (and a lot in the foreground), between matches, during a small segment about HHH getting injured, and his recovery.

Cool.

Fuckheads who complain about U2 in superbowl... etc, need not reply. Thanks.
smile.gif

------------------
I'll tell you a story about Johnny McGory.
Shall I being it? Well, that's all that's in it

lol. How disgusting...I hate WWF. *shudder*

hey rufus...where's that email, maaate?
wink.gif

The other day I had the TV on during some skiing on CBS and they were playing "I Fall Down" from October to video clips of skiiers tumbling down the mountain. I thought it worked very well....

AJ

It was really unusual to hear U2 on a wrestling show. Usually the WWF just sticks to metal or hard rock for their video packages.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I saw the "I Fall Down" segment on CBS sports. Enjoyable. And somebody (CBS or Fox) used the "hoo-hoo" part of Bad during it's Thanksgiving football coverage. It was awesome. I'm guessing the winter olympics will bring us some more of this kind of stuff. (BD was heavily used in the summer olympics in Sydney)

I saw the U2 / HHH video montage... and I must say it was very well done. Anyone who really has any complaints about WWF using U2's video can take their complaints... shine them up real nice... turn 'dem sonbitches sideways and stick 'em straight up your candy ass!

If ya... um... smellllalalalala...
What Bono is cookin'

------------------
But that's my opinion, I could be wrong.
-Dennis Miller

Dressing like your sister, living like a tart. They don't know what you're doing, babe it must be art. You're a headache... in a suitcase... You're a star.
come september alot can change
summer's love turns to winter's pain in new york

My only problem is that the video was done for Triple H, one of my least favourite wrestlers.

I wonder what the band would think about their song being used by the less-than-PC WWF?

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I think Bono would fit in well with the lightweight division.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

When I was in college I would watch wrestling with my buddies and they always used to have celebrites come and get involved in the matches. We used to joke at the notion of Bono coming out in his leather jacket and fly shades and intefering on behalf of the bad guy to win the match and then cutting a bad ass promo.....

Hope it never happens though.....

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever!

Back
Top Bottom