U2 moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
If you had a chance to go back in time and be able to attend a specific U2/Bono/Adam/ Larry/Edge moment, concert, event. Which would be your top 3?

I think for me it would be first: Going to Ethiopia with Ali and Bono during the 80's. That would be unforgettable and unbelievably life changing. Getting to hang out with the girl with the beard would be amazing. Not to mention the great conversations to be had with Ali.
Second, I'd like to be on the rooftop with them in LA when they were filming "where the Streets have no Name." Pretty exciting moment there.
Third: Being in the studio with them during the recording of any of the following albums: War, JT, Achtung Baby , Zooropa, or Pop.

Of course I have a ton of favorite moments, but gotta stop somewhere. :wink:

1. One of their early concerts..Im a very optimistic person I am sure I would have believed in them back before they became famous..Besides Baby U2 id so very :cute:

2.I wish I would have been in Bill Flannigans shoes when he followed and documented the Zoo tour..It would have been
a BLAST I mean they were running wild and it seems like they really had tons of FUN....besides all the guys looked asbolutley :combust:

3.Now..I am very inspired by EDUN and (RED)..I think it would be awesome to have gone to Africa with Bono and Ali and or personally assist them in their campaigns....Besides Bono is really looking :drool: lately

Bonus:: South of France attending their star studded parties or gathering..((stealing boats with Bono anywhere in the world :shifty: ))

Last edited:
thankyou said:

Second, I'd like to be on the rooftop with them in LA when they were filming "where the Streets have no Name." Pretty exciting moment there.

Of course I have a ton of favorite moments, but gotta stop somewhere. :wink:

I was working right over the bridge from downtown that faithful day U2 played LA!!

I could still kick myself for not going ..I was at work and in charge of the office I worked in:mad:

Hmmmm.....not in any order:

1. Elevation Tour - missed it due to life getting in the way! A horrible time!

2. RedRocks

3. The show where they one for best band and had changed their name to U2 instead of the Hype.

JCOSTER said:
Hmmmm.....not in any order:

1. Elevation Tour - missed it due to life getting in the way! A horrible time!

Car wrecks kept getting in my way!
And I was unemployed during Popmart.:(

I would loved to have been there for Bono's transformation into
The Fly . :drool: :drool: :drool:

and the time Bono spent with Frank Snatra .

And the night u2 was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame ,
that must have been a great night for our boy's . Great party .

Mine would be to have attended U2's RuisRock appearance in 1982, I was on holiday here at the time of the Festival and it still erks me that I didn't see the light until 6 years later!! :madspit: :wink:

:shifty:

On U2's hired boat in the Zurichsee, may 28th 1992

:shifty:

ok any Zootv tour gig.... or at the soundcheck for Acrobat, wich was on my birthday! or sarajevo popmart...

Last edited:
1. 26 December 1989, Dublin: front row of the concert.
2. 30 December 1989, Dublin.
3. 8 November 1989, Wellington.

Alternatively, for the last two, 5 June 1983, Red Rocks and 23 September 1997, Sarajevo would do.

1. 8/28/97 Popmart Leeds :drool:
2. Any Zoo TV show, preferably on one of the last two legs
3. 8/8/87 Cork
4. Achtung Baby recording sessions
5. 2/26/80 Dublin

1) any Elevation show, but preferably Slane Castle, 9-01-01
2) ZooTV in Dublin, 8-28-93
3) any of their video shoots, namely One, Discotheque, Beautiful Day...

I would either be in

-Popmart Sarajevo
-ZooTV Zooropa Last Nite
-Watchin U2 record Achtung Baby ...... better POP :drool:
-Seeing the U2 New Year's EVE PD show

1. O, to have been that girl ( whose name shall not be remembered) in Electrical Storm...

2. O, to have been Bill Flannigan..

3. O, to be a roadie with them..

:sigh:

Devlin said:
1. O, to have been that girl ( whose name shall not be remembered)

samantha_morton_1.jpg
:drool:

Devlin said:
1. O, to have been that girl ( whose name shall not be remembered) in Electrical Storm...

Samantha Morton?? :wink:

the One (Drag) version would've been nice too... watching four masculine guys being transformed into four sexy chicks :lol:

I'm surprised nobody said this, but Live Aid back in 1985. I would've loved to have been there because U2 was the best young band to play there! With lots of other big bands on the show, U2 put on one of the best performances there as well. When they played Bad and Bono went out into the audience, you knew right there and then that U2 were going to be the World's Biggest Band someday. And someday soon.
PS, the other band on that day that played well was Queen. When Queen performed Radio Ga Ga, it was one of the all time great moments in Rock and Roll history. If you never saw it, check it out!

1) Roadie or assistant on the Zoo TV tour (I wouldn't even care if all I did was fetch people drinks, shine shoes, etc *G*)

2) Great seats at 1993-08-28, Zoo TV Dublin.

3) Great seats at 1989-12-31, Lovetown at the Point Depot. I would've imploded as they were counting down to the new year. Awesome.

4) Great seats to see the Dalton Bros. perform live... :drool: :wink: That, or be at the "Streets" rooftop video shoot.

1. To be on the road with them for ZooTV
2. To be on the road with them for the Vertigo Tour
3. To watch the rehearsals of the Vertigo Tour (would have loved to see them try out all the rumored songs this tour, like Lemon)

1. Any Dandelion Green gig.

2. in Las Vegas while they were filming the vid for ISHFWILF :wink:

3. In any bar around the world at the same time Bono's drinking in it. :drool:

Devlin said:
:drool: :yes:

2. in Mount Temple school with Larry in the same classroom... :love:

3. ZooTV Tour or Joshua Tree Tour

4. the recording sessions of Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby or Zooropa

and a lot of other special moments...

I'm only 17, so I never had the chance, but to see Popmart Sarajevo would have been just breathtaking.

thankyou said:
I think for me it would be first: Going to Ethiopia with Ali and Bono during the 80's. That would be unforgettable and unbelievably life changing. Getting to hang out with the girl with the beard would be amazing. Not to mention the great conversations to be had with Ali.

Oh yes, i wish i was there when this poor father gave his baby to Bono, it must have been unbelievably amazing.
Not to mention the visit of orphanages
:drool:

my top one for this list would be to have been at Live Aid, right at the front as someone said before to have been one of the girls who got to hug Bono or dance with him so tight :drool:

That was one amazing performance and one of the biggest moments of Bono's career happening before our eyes live on tv around the world! :heart:

I nearly got there as well so it's especially poignant for me to imagine what it would have been like to have been one of the lucky 80, 000 to have been there :sigh:

I think i'd say that the next one would be to have been at the new year show at the Point, Dublin! It must be considered one of their best gigs ever! :bow:

Last but not least would be to have been at Red Rocks and be the girl he pulls out&spins around!!!! :drool: that was some show and just how sexy he was on that show!!! :combust: :faint:

1. Hansa Studios, Berlin circa 1990 when they were struggling with whether to continue as a band or not.

2. Red Rocks 1983; a band hitting their first peak

3. The Superdome, Feb 2002 when they play halftime at the superbowl

4. Tempe, 3rd leg, 1987 when there's the death threats and the band plays Pride

5. January, 2007 when the band (I assume) heads back into the studio to continue sessions for the new album.

Back
Top Bottom