U2 looking old? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2003, 11:25 PM   #31
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oliveu2cm
Bring it.
oh it's already been BR-UNG!

Old 01-21-2003, 11:42 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by filledeperle

Bono shouldn't color his whiskers. I think he looks cool with dark hair and salt'n'pepper whiskers! And I may be scorned for saying this, but I really think that its time he ditched the shades. Now those are getting old
AMEN twice over!

Old 01-21-2003, 11:46 PM   #33
War Child

Local Time: 02:43 AM
i think the shades are definately a trademark thing already. and they work. why mess with success.
so shes taking lots of vitamins
cause she knows that
it be tragic
if those evil robots win
Old 01-22-2003, 12:32 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:43 AM
When I saw that ADAM photo, I said to myself: God, he looks old, but then, the second thought that poped into my head was: God, he looks COOL. That is one cool guy

When I saw that EDGE photo, I said to myself: God, he looks old, but then.....: That beanie, it's so cool, but I can't imagine a guy with a freakin hat on his head for over 11 years (cuties, ughhhhh)

Whenever I see Larry Mullen Jr , I say to myself: What a cool guy, and he looks so young, especially when on Slane Castle Bono introduces him, he smiles and puts all his heart in the drumming.

When I saw Bono , first, in the Beautiful Day video: he looks so young and cool, especially with those black shades (BTW, those blue shades look so weird on him). Then, on the Slane Castle Broadcast (another BTW, in the "the sky falls, it feels like" part of BD, his voice cracks), you have to look at him during "Streets" (worse directing ever, right on that song). During "Streets", he gets focused, but only his face, not even his hear. When he gets focused like that, then you really see OLD, but I mean OLDNESS, Golden Girls Oldness. Check that out. And yes, wih that beard, he looks bad.

But, in general, they look great.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:40 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I like how Adam's been looking lately!

psst!...Adam, don't dye your hair!
Old 01-22-2003, 10:09 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss

When I saw Bono , first, in the Beautiful Day video: he looks so young and cool, especially with those black shades (BTW, those blue shades look so weird on him). Then, on the Slane Castle Broadcast (another BTW, in the "the sky falls, it feels like" part of BD, his voice cracks), you have to look at him during "Streets" (worse directing ever, right on that song). During "Streets", he gets focused, but only his face, not even his hear. When he gets focused like that, then you really see OLD, but I mean OLDNESS, Golden Girls Oldness. Check that out. And yes, wih that beard, he looks bad.

But, in general, they look great.

Old 01-22-2003, 10:19 AM   #37
Acrobat

Yes they are getting older, but I don't think they are looking old. After watching the Golden Globes the other night, I thought Bono looked hot! He was sexier than most of the other tv/movie stars that were there (including the younger ones).
Old 01-22-2003, 11:17 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dipster
After watching the Golden Globes the other night, I thought Bono looked hot! He was sexier than most of the other tv/movie stars that were there (including the younger ones).
Amen to that! There was no one on that show I'd rather have stared at all night than Bono. He was the hottest and best looking guy there IMO and Edge was cute too.

This is a beautiful man

Old 01-22-2003, 12:08 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

Amen to that! There was no one on that show I'd rather have stared at all night than Bono. He was the hottest and best looking guy there IMO and Edge was cute too.

This is a beautiful man

Amen! THESE are ALL beautiful men!

Old 01-22-2003, 12:21 PM   #40
Blue Crack Supplier

people age. so what? the music's still good!
Old 01-22-2003, 01:02 PM   #41
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:43 AM
If you compare them to the Rolling Stones, U2, looks like youngsters!
Old 01-22-2003, 02:06 PM   #42
Refugee

Location: living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wrong with that?

Quote:
Originally posted by tiny dancer
If you compare them to the Rolling Stones, U2, looks like youngsters!
Well, they are a generation younger. The Stones are almost 60. I don't think the Stones look bad for that age at all. Even Keefs could look worse, considering. At least he's not bald and fat. What surprises me is that rock stars the same age group as U2, like Bon Jovi, Anthony Keidis of Red Hot Chili Peppers and even Vince Neil and Tommy Lee of Motley Crue have held up better and look years younger than U2 do, and this considering most of those were heavily into drugs and U2 never was maybe it acted as a preservative? When Bono was onstage with the Stones a few months back, I admit I said Bono looked old as they did, but Bono has been looking very good lately and I take it back. I'm very impressed with Bono, I think he looks as good as he could with what he has to work with right now and he is very handsome and attractive. I don't know why anyone would pick on Bono and Edge when Adam is the member of the band who looks glaringly old. Of course the music is still good, etc.

Brandon Boyd

-Incubus
Old 01-22-2003, 02:33 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:43 PM
41 replies eh?
41...cool number...now I've got used to it.
sweetheart..you're so cruel. Is that picture of Bono up there, the close-up, taken recently?( I don't look at pics much, just listen to their songs) What I would give to have that irish skin that hadn't spent 41 years in the Australian sun.
I am definitely not showing myself when U2 tour here. WHEN they do( they will?)I am wearing one of those burkas I saw in a movie I watched last night, "Kandahar" made in Iran. It was very moving. Be thankful if you have 2 legs for dancing and new U2 songs to dance to imho.
True they are no longer the 18 year old boys that had a dream and burst onto the world music stage with such gusto, by my o my...U2 are beautiful imho. inside and out.

Age shall not weary them
Or the years condemn
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We shall remember them

Lest we forget

I love U2, whatever vehicle they are getting around in, cortina, trabant, limo, 40 something year old bodies. I think they have truly earned some peaceful retirement years...2001 was arduous. You try doing what they do, no matter what your income and access to therapies, and see how you look at their age.

And I will bet my boots they are so happy with their families and wives right now, appearance would not bea priority to them. It gets better...it truly does.Ali, put the kettle on.....
Old 01-22-2003, 04:27 PM   #44
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:43 AM
This topic is so pointless!

Of course they're looking old.. they're AGING like every other normal human being on the planet!!! And I think they look DAMN good for their age

Especially Larry he doesnt age.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:29 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by wertsie
I like how Adam's been looking lately!

psst!...Adam, don't dye your hair!

I agree!!

I think Bono should stop dying his hair too!!