U2 during the Yanks/Sox Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LisaU2

The Fly
Jeter was just given ball 4 by the Sox and the Yankee Stadium sound system just blasted out "Walk On"...

Love it.
Go Yanks.

Considering your location, I'm surprised to hear "Go Yanks" from you.

Despite my undying devotion to the Sox and Rangers, I think that's pretty damn cool. Possibly the only thing good to come from the Yankees.

011030r1-32.jpg

Perhaps they should change the song to "WALK OFF!"

Way to go, boys.

inmyplace13 said:
Considering your location, I'm surprised to hear "Go Yanks" from you.

NY born and raised, living in Boston now. You've got to be a die-hard to keep up the act up here...

I was just at Game 3 this afternoon and they played "Vertigo" at the start of one of the innings when the pitcher was warming up.

LisaU2 said:
Perhaps they should change the song to "WALK OFF!"

Way to go, boys.

They could probably get in a couple verses of "Man, the Sox rip the shit out of Mariano all the time" while they are at it.

inmyplace13 said:

They could probably get in a couple verses of "Man, the Sox rip the shit out of Mariano all the time" while they are at it.
Actually when Mariano heads in from the bullpen to face the Sox, the Yanks' theme song is "Surrender".

Whenever I'm at a sports event, always hear u2.

I went to to see the Red Sox/Dodgers play in spring training and they played "Vertigo" and "All Because of You".

My last Orioles game they played "Elevation"

But the best is, I've been to two Baltimore Ravens games, and both times they played "Streets" before their opening intros and all the fancy stuff. Also heard "Zoo Station" played at the last game, which was real unusual and cool.

Hewson said:
Actually when Mariano heads in from the bullpen to face the Sox, the Yanks' theme song is "Surrender".

OUCH. Truth hurts, I guess.

My reaction of late is: "MoFo"

He's still my second favorite (Tinnnnoooooo!), though, so I can't be too rough on the guy... he'll get the edge back.

Back
Top Bottom