U2 could play Northern Ireland this year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheHedge

The Fly
Dublin, Ireland, in a flower bed next to a tulip a
I read in the Mirror the other day that U2 are in negotiations for a massive gig in Derry and maybe Belfast as well.
Now I know the Mirror isn't the most reliable source in the world, but Bono's been talking about a gig there for ages, and Edge has also hinted at it as well.
Lets hope it goes ahead, only time will tell.

"I'm not ill, green is my natural colour"

[This message has been edited by TheHedge (edited 05-02-2002).]

Are there any rumours yet of when it might be? August, September? Sooner, later?

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Hey Hedge!

Nice to see you around, welcome to the club! Well I hope they play N Ireland anytimes soon, I've heard about a Derry gig for quite a while now, but the boys seemed pretty excited about it when onstage for the Hot Press Award, dontcha think?

Will ya be there?
wink.gif

Five times? I don't think there was any major yay or nay either way. After all, when one of our ministers, Mr Mc Gimpsey, says that they were processing an application for a U2 gig in Derry, I think that is, while not concrete, certainly a sturdy gravel rumour. And the Edge loves Derry, and Bono likes Belfast, so why not?

I doubt very much it'll be this year, that seems hugely unlikely. But they did seem really up for it in the future at the Hot Press awards. Larry saying thanks to the Northern fans for making their way down South for the gigs, and that the band would try to return the favour next time. And I also saw Bono talkin bout the Odyssey in Belfast, he was sayin he was driving by it, thinking what a great venue it was, and that they should play there, so...you never know...

Why can't you go to a concert outside Belfast? I'm from the USA and I have travelled all over Ireland, sometimes by myself. Just curious to know why?

I was in Derry for the first time in January. Seems like an interesting town to me. Are you worried about the conflict? Thats largely over except for the extremist. Is that what your concerned about though?

Originally posted by mad1:
look this has been mentioned five times and been claimed as false five times.......so I dont believe .........

Goo maddie but Bono did talk bout the odyssey on the hotpress awards and anyway it only hold 20,000 ppl! im goin with maddie- its prob not gonna happen and helloooooo this topic is soooooo old!

I dont really wanna discuss Mr Sting, and I know ud like to gnaw on my ass over that but, for one ting it would be a worry to me.............................Im not a fighter....................and er..........well....u know.......
smile.gif

look please dont poke at my boobs or stab ur hand on my ass over this, ok????

biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom