U2.com comes through (U2 Communication) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 10:27 PM
You speak true, gunslinger...

I am still eagerly awaiting it in my mailbox...

my main complaint is not so much that we are getting songs we already have so many times... but rather that we

a. aren't getting songs we DON'T have... that were stellar on this tour...

To me the inclusion of Where The Streets Have No Name on the Please single made sense, because that song truly shone on that tour, and was part of the Please suite.

On the walk on single, it was kind of tacked on, but it made sense as a medley with Bad and the 40 snippet, because that was how it was played on that tour.

So including an older song isn't a big problem, in fact I was hoping for some. But not more Joshua Tree.

Why they couldn't include a song like Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses when that song on this tour was a true highlight, or a track like The Electric Co. which was, to me THE SONG of this tour...

or even:
GLORIA
AN CAT DUBH / INTO THE HEART
FAST CARS
CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE
DISCOTHEQUE
THE FIRST TIME
THE OCEAN
PARTY GIRL
RUNNING TO STAND STILL
WALK ON
STUCK IN A MOMENT

Some of these we already have, but none of them are on NEARLY EVERY LIVE RELEASE & CONCERT VIDEO by the band.

The ironic part about WOWY and ISHFWILF to me is that relatively speaking, They Don't get played THAT much (at least in comparison to songs like Bullet And Streets) and in the 16 times that I have seen U2, they popped up as little surprises, variances in the set list that get my attention and get me excited.

When they played WOWY and ISHF in croke, it was the first time i had seen them play the songs on the Vertigo tour, but it was my fifth show of the tour.

but they show up on nearly every live recording, so it is almost like U2 is misrepresenting them, like there has to be an archived version from every tour, which is unnecessary, especially when years go by without the archiving of other better live tracks.

Discotheque from this tour is the prime example. If we were going only by official releases, they haven't played the song since 1997, but there have been stellar versions played on both ELEVATION and VERTIGO tours.

ah well, enough complaining.
i'm still looking forward to getting it in the mail.
I can't help myself.

Old 12-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:27 AM
Three of the songs on the CD haven't been documented live on CD before (Miracle Drug, Vertigo, Blinding Lights), one is really the first time U2 has played it (Miss Sarajevo), so if the band decides they want to have half the CD be old favorites and half be new classics, I'm fine with that.

No pleasing some people.