Trent Remixes Vertigo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read about this - and I am dying to hear the end result! Trent Reznor has got an amazing grasp of music. I am seriously looking forward to this and hope I am not going to be disappointed!

}:)~

Trent Reznor has been talking to Bono since at least the Passengers time period so this connection doesnt surprise me and I am looking forward to hear it.

Trent's already remixed LAPOE and that is rumoured to be the premise for the tour (Love and Peace or Else) and would be the "intro" music akin to the Elevation Influx Remix used on the last tour.

bonosleftone said:
Trent's already remixed LAPOE and that is rumoured to be the premise for the tour (Love and Peace or Else) and would be the "intro" music akin to the Elevation Influx Remix used on the last tour.

now that's cool. i just hope u2 actually plays the song themselves!

bonosleftone said:

Love and Peace had to grow on me, but I totally love the intro to that song adn was actually just thinking today while driving back from the NYE festivities that it would be the perfect musical intro to the live shows as a replacement to Elevation. Glad to see I am not alone!

:hyper:

Yahweh said:
Trent Reznor has been talking to Bono since at least the Passengers time period so this connection doesnt surprise me and I am looking forward to hear it.
Actually, Trent's been talking to Bono since the ZooTV days. Here's an interesting excerpt from a 1997 Rolling Stone interview with Trent...

Let me tell you a story about something that really helped me out: I saw U2 for the first time, on their Zoo TV Tour. I was backstage with Marilyn Manson, sitting in a room, and Bono comes in. I'd never met him, but we knew of each other through Flood, the producer who worked on both our records. Bono sat down and talked with me for an hour, and we had this kind of drunken mind meld. I said: "I'll tell you what I'm going through now. We went from being underground-elite darlings to the point where we're getting shit on by those same people because now we sell records. And I know you guys have gone through the same thing." Bono says: "Fuck those people. That's like saying, 'You're cool enough to listen to my music, but you - you grew up in Wisconsin; you're not cool enough to listen to it.' That's a kind of fascism." He goes, "You do what you believe you have to do. That's what we've always done. You believe in yourself and don't worry about the people who don't like it because it's not the right fashion statement that they're trying to adhere to."

Now U2's not my favorite band, but I do respect them, and in the same way I respect Bowie: They change without fear of change. I left that night thinking, "He's right. Why am I concerned about some snotty-nosed college magazine that thinks I'm not cool because people liked the record and bought it?" After that, I got over that whole thing.

greenlight7-11 said:

Actually, Trent's been talking to Bono since the ZooTV days. Here's an interesting excerpt from a 1997 Rolling Stone interview with Trent...

Let me tell you a story about something that really helped me out: I saw U2 for the first time, on their Zoo TV Tour. I was backstage with Marilyn Manson, sitting in a room, and Bono comes in. I'd never met him, but we knew of each other through Flood, the producer who worked on both our records. Bono sat down and talked with me for an hour, and we had this kind of drunken mind meld. I said: "I'll tell you what I'm going through now. We went from being underground-elite darlings to the point where we're getting shit on by those same people because now we sell records. And I know you guys have gone through the same thing." Bono says: "Fuck those people. That's like saying, 'You're cool enough to listen to my music, but you - you grew up in Wisconsin; you're not cool enough to listen to it.' That's a kind of fascism." He goes, "You do what you believe you have to do. That's what we've always done. You believe in yourself and don't worry about the people who don't like it because it's not the right fashion statement that they're trying to adhere to."

Now U2's not my favorite band, but I do respect them, and in the same way I respect Bowie: They change without fear of change. I left that night thinking, "He's right. Why am I concerned about some snotty-nosed college magazine that thinks I'm not cool because people liked the record and bought it?" After that, I got over that whole thing.

was mary manson even big during 93-94? wouldn't it be more likely that trent screwed up, and meant popmart?

whatever, it doesnt really matter. interesting read anyway.

rivergoat said:
I read about this - and I am dying to hear the end result! Trent Reznor has got an amazing grasp of music. I am seriously looking forward to this and hope I am not going to be disappointed!

}:)~

I am a big NIN so it would be cool to see NIN remix a U2 track.

Yahweh said:

Yahweh I had no idea that they had been "talking" considering that Trent doesn't like a lot of bands. Trent has good taste :)

Zoomerang96 said:

was mary manson even big during 93-94? wouldn't it be more likely that trent screwed up, and meant popmart?

whatever, it doesnt really matter. interesting read anyway.
Trent and Marilyn Manson became associated with each other in 1993, so I suppose either is possible.

Back
Top Bottom