To Answer The Last Thread's Question, No (AKA New Album Speculation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Lillywhite just twittered...

"Just landed in Sao Paolo.. 28 degrees C ..YES !"

With U2 having nearly a month off, surely this is a great sign, right?

Steve Lillywhite just twittered...

"Just landed in Sao Paolo.. 28 degrees C ..YES !"

With U2 having nearly a month off, surely this is a great sign, right?

they wouldn't be recording in sao paolo, so no... anything's possible, but i'm guessing lillywhite is involved in the rumored DVD recording. or he just wanted to see the show in south america, and can do so because he has no real job, has lots of money, and can do whatever he wants.

i loved it :shrug:

As did most people...when did this Crazy remix hate begin ?

It was by a solid margin the highlight of the tour, with Ultraviolet, and now the Even better remix a third highlight.

It's possible Lillywhite got an invite from the band to attend the show...surely Bono and the Edge have to go to NY asap after they wrap up the South American shows.

It was by a solid margin the highlight of the tour, with Ultraviolet, and now the Even better remix a third highlight.

Where is this objective U2 360 highlight scale you're talking about? I would love to see it.

they wouldn't be recording in sao paolo, so no... anything's possible, but i'm guessing lillywhite is involved in the rumored DVD recording. or he just wanted to see the show in south america, and can do so because he has no real job, has lots of money, and can do whatever he wants.

there's a rumour of a dvd? :ohmy:

Going back a bit...Bono and Kanye on one track? This cannot happen..their combined egos will destroy the Earth. :crack:

:wink:

But, seriously, it could end up being kind of cool.

In the new issue of Rolling Stone today U2 and Danger Mouse got an article in the special "Best Of Rock 2011" section: Best Collaboration. :happy: (I guess it's the best one we haven't heard!)
No new news, just Bono's quotes from last fall.

In the new issue of Rolling Stone today U2 and Danger Mouse got an article in the special "Best Of Rock 2011" section: Best Collaboration. :happy: (I guess it's the best one we haven't heard!)
No new news, just Bono's quotes from last fall.

hilarious

That just reinforces how infuriating this whole carrot-on-a-stick game has been for us diehards. :angry:

Lemme guess, The Avalanches got Best Album? :|

Well they didn't do a Best Album category. The article is billed as: "The 64 best people, places, and things in music right now". I guess they just didn't want to leave U2 out of there somewhere! They have a "Best Anticipation" category, but they didn't make that one.

There was a tease in RS early this year that seemed to indicate the writer had heard some of the DM stuff, so they might actually know what they're talking about even if we won't indefinitely, or ever.

Considering how things have been going w/ this album so far I'd say we shouldn't be letting ourselves get excited until an album is actually announced. I mean really, we've been told so many times when we'll be getting a new album only to get nothing... I don't see why it couldn't happen again.

Where is this objective U2 360 highlight scale you're talking about? I would love to see it.

It was and is one of the most talked about points in the show, with Ultraviolet, and now Even better than the real thing. The most talked about moments of the show = highlights of the show.

But you're right, internet forums are the pinnacle of objective opinion. :shrug:

It was and is one of the most talked about points in the show, with Ultraviolet, and now Even better than the real thing. The most talked about moments of the show = highlights of the show.

But you're right, internet forums are the pinnacle of objective opinion. :shrug:

One of the most talked about moments of the show is In a Little While because it's shit. And if you look at the setlist thread, discussion about Zooropa has over 10 pages, which could be a record when talking only about one song on the tour. That's not a highlight then according to your scale?

I'd argue that you are the pinnacle of objective opinion. Since I know now what the highlights are.

IALW only gets talked about by a vocal minority. Majority of fans do not hate the song. Very few do it now that the song is a regular on the tour. If IALW is "shit" it would be getting hate since the day it was released on ATYCLB. In actuality, it was - and is- always one of the most popular ATYCLB songs. It isnt' exactly getting booed on the DVD either.
I think it has more to do with a certain segment of U2 fans not exactly liking a certain period of U2's career.

It would appear the fandom outside the internet U2 circles, the crazy South American audience no less, did not care for Zooropa. The same audience cares for UV, EBTTRT and Crazy remix quite nicely, as the recording proves.
Here, that same segment of U2 fans overhypes a certain period of U2's career endlessly.

IALW only gets talked about by a vocal minority. Majority of fans do not hate the song. Very few do it now that the song is a regular on the tour. If IALW is "shit" it would be getting hate since the day it was released on ATYCLB. In actuality, it was - and is- always one of the most popular ATYCLB songs. It isnt' exactly getting booed on the DVD either.
I think it has more to do with a certain segment of U2 fans not exactly liking a certain period of U2's career.

It would appear the fandom outside the internet U2 circles, the crazy South American audience no less, did not care for Zooropa. The same audience cares for UV, EBTTRT and Crazy remix quite nicely, as the recording proves.
Here, that same segment of U2 fans overhypes a certain period of U2's career endlessly.

To whom are these three songs a highlight? Casual fans, 90's "fanatics", Adam Clayton's hair stylist? I bet a lot of the casuals (or fandom outside the internet) would say Streets, I Will Follow, or With or Without You before Ultra Violet or Crazy Tonight. Sure, a lot of Interferencers love Ultra Violet and consider it a highlight - these belong to the same group that was astonished by Zooropa and some of which attended the South American concerts, stating that the reaction to these two songs was very similar. They were there. You weren't. The two concerts I was at had a mixed reaction to both Ultra Violet and Crazy Tonight, precisely because they didn't seem that familiar.

How do you know what the majority of fans feel about In a Little While? How can you assess whether a certain period of U2's career is overhyped or not? If it is so overhyped, why do two of your personal (I'll say it again: your personal) highlights belong exactly to that period?

Stop contradicting yourself.

I don't consider myself a part of any of these groups. The 80's is my favourite decade, and I quite like ATYCLB. I like IALW as a song on the record, is a great little ditty and works well. My issue is this song being played night after night taking upo the spot of a far more deserving song, and one that suits the claw better. The loose space theme is a tenuous connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom