TIRED of the F-ing Bono Haters (re: Ronnie Drew Ballad)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
Here is a quote from some youtube prick for the live version of The Ballad of Ronnie Drew:

"fucking asshole bono doesnt even remember what it is to be irish and hold true value anymore. wtf is with all of his dramatic posing and antics on the live performance from the Late show? its like hes shitting all over something special.

but anyways.. full respect to everyone else,but bono.. get a fuckin grip, man and get over yourself. you self righteous shithead. "

I am just about sick of the Bono bashing. So what if he is like the somewhat irritating overzealous son of Ireland? Who cares if he likes the grand gesture?

SO WHAT?

His contribution is important vocally and it seems like he had a big hand in this collaboration. The soaring middle bit is critical and you can see some of the folks just lift there....

Bono's pretension has led to a lot of people's lives being literally saved (with the the help of others) so I am tired of morons saying how pretentious he is. Would they have Bono take back all the pretension (magically somehow in their small, petty world) and all the lives saved with it?

It is time to shut the fuck up about Bono being self righteous. Once your acts have led to that many lives being saved....it becomes tasteless at best continuing to berate that person.

You know what else...I am also sick of people bashing this damn song. There is so much joy in it...and Ronnie has said that it is making him feel better...

He has cancer idiots - and the man it was written for has said he likes it and it is helping... So SHUT UP ABOUT IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

This song is bigger than your little opinion it is helping someone with cancer to feel better.

It is a sad world when such a high percentage of people just bash shit without even thinking (I have been guilty in the past when I was a teenager.)

Anyway, UGH.

RANT OVER.

I totally feel you, but I think you really have to chill. Just don't read You Tube comments. Usually, they are nasty, except those where it's clear that only U2 fans are posting. But the internet is a playground for everyone and anyone can write what they want ... there is usually a lot of U2 and especially Bono bashing going on ... but there's also a lot of bashing of other artists. People who don't like U2 won't change their mind because of a You Tube video.

the internet brings out the worst in people
and some people are already bad enough without showing their worst bits

People don't like Bono?

ONOZ!!!!!!!!!!!111!

Seriously this is nothing new, folk have been calling B a self-righteous prick for years. Screw them I say.

lol one thing i did say to myself when watching U2-3D was "what's with all the hand antics by bono? it's like he's overdoing it" but whatever....

this guy's comments were uncalled for, but gaurantee he buys/downloads the new u2 album as soon as it comes out

When I was a kid, and other kids would be mean to me for no apparent reason, my dad would tell me something along the lines of, "No matter who you are and what you do, there will still be people who just don't like you." There are some people out there who just don't like Bono. It's easier to just accept that fact and not get worked up about it. It is annoying at times though, some people can get pretty out of line with their bashing...but whatever.

The anti bono jibber jabber isnt just a case of not liking him, its on the verge of HATE imo. Its really annoying and has grown tiresome but im starting to get over it.

Bono enthuasim for Africa and the shades are the route cause imo.

YouTube has some of the foulest comments I've ever seen on the internet .... and I've seen a LOT of internet nastiness.

It's best not to ever read comments on YouTube. Like, ever.

vaz02 said:
The anti bono jibber jabber isnt just a case of not liking him, its on the verge of HATE imo. Its really annoying and has grown tiresome but im starting to get over it.

Bono enthuasim for Africa and the shades are the route cause imo.

jibbajabba.jpg

most of the comments left for u2 videos are positive, but there's always bad ones.

if you check out Led Zep videos, you will see negative comments. just happens

Some people have nothing better to do with their time than to spread hate. I bet most of the people that hate Bono omgsomuch barely know anything about him. They just go after him because he's big and famous and worse, because he's a *gasp* humanitarian, who believes in doing the right thing.

There are celebrities that I strongly dislike, but I don't go around bitching about them 24/7, because there's seriously no reason to do that.

Don't pay attention to youtube.

Pretty much any video on that site has bad comments, not just U2 but all of the videos. If you post a video there expect negative comments.
It seems to be a hobby on youtube to trash people.

I assume that the majority of people on Youtube are 10-14 years old. How else could you explain the fact that Avril Lavigne's video for Girlfriend got 73 million views?

I try not to read Youtube comments because I think it lowers my IQ. Some people just love the negative attention.

hillers said:
I assume that the majority of people on Youtube are 10-14 years old. How else could you explain the fact that Avril Lavigne's video for Girlfriend got 73 million views?

I try not to read Youtube comments because I think it lowers my IQ. Some people just love the negative attention.

Honestly, some replies to videos on Youtube (that aren't U2 videos) amaze me, i honestly can not believe there are people that stupid in the world.

That's why i ignore them usually, unless i have a witty reply.

I don't see the point in getting worked up about who doesn't like Bono. There are a lot worse people to dislike than him. If he's the worst they, personally, can come up with to hate, well, I'd say they must have it pretty easy. Lucky them. What a way to suffer. :tongue:

I think some people are just enraged by enthusiasm. Maybe they're unhappy and seeing someone who is happy makes them jealous. There's an idea of, "How dare you be happy and enthusiastic about something when I'm not!" I think that's why some people get so annoyed at Bono.

Youtube comments are nothing. Just check out the scum that posts comments on the celeb gossip sites. I made the mistake of reading the Bono parts on Perez. Ugh. Then I looked at the rest of the posts and comments as well, they are pretty much all like that. The other day there was a story on Bindi Irwin. OMG, such nasty comments about the little girl and her dad, unbelievable.
There's just tons of hate all around. I've learned not to worry about it.

I don't care about youtube vids.

Anyway, I'm tired of Bono selling out.

Maybe that's the reason why he has so much haters

I think you can find some comments by people here that are equally hateful. I find this much more disturbing, because with some random folks posting on You Tube you can easily say they are stupid and have no idea. Personally, I'm sick of all kinds of attacks on Bono or anyone, when it's clear that there is a lof of jealousy behind it. Most people who feel they are losers themselves look for someone who has achieved a lot to spread their hatred. Success always brings out envy in others. And there's a very true saying that goes: Don't measure a man's greatness by the number of his friends, but by the number of his enemies.

Last edited:
hillers said:

People think she is Hawt!

ponkine said:
I don't care about youtube vids.

Anyway, I'm tired of Bono selling out.

Maybe that's the reason why he has so much haters

Haven't heard the Ronnie Drew song, but if it's only HALF as crap as that song they did with Andrea Corr, then I have a certain amount of sympathy with the youtube guy!

I agree - avert your eyes from the comments.

Comment posts on Youtube (as well as many, many other sites on the internet) are so disgustingly nasty. When I used to read them once in a while, I found it sort of left me feeling both mentally and morally tainted. :wink:
Plus, going beyond the annoyance I felt/feel over Bono-hate, it really made me almost depressed at the level of hatred and disrespect for common decency that's soooooo common and available for kids to see. It's really a sad situation, but I do my best to just stay away most of the time, or put in a short good word for kindness.

People hiding behind their little keyboards and monitors slagging off others :cute:
Just close the website or flip the off switch and ignore it :yes:

Back
Top Bottom