This place is becoming a drag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
because of all the whiny bullshit threads and posts about negativity and disappointment and how HTDAAB sucks and doesn't rock or whatever the fuck some jackass feels like instigating that hour.
I have to weed through 3 pages of nonsense to find a thread like "miracle drug's chorus is uplifting" or something.

all you people who hate this album, do me a favor: don't buy any fuckin tickets for the tour so people who appreciate them since POP can actually get good seats.

thanks,

JOFO

it's ok; I give it 5 more minutes before it's closed.

You should have titled it with a "I'm disappointed...." then I could have bumped the two threads below this up one and then we could have had three I'm disappointed threads on top.

That would have been fun, wouldn't it?:huh:

i can't agree more. everyone has a right to their opinion, but man, it seems like the people who don't like the album are trying too hard to be noticed.

I honestly want to stab myself in the eye with a dull, rusted fork when I enter this forum half the time. :|

anitram said:
I honestly want to stab myself in the eye with a dull, rusted fork when I enter this forum half the time. :|

No really, save that for the ticket prices disappointment threads.

I think anyone is allowed to like or dislike any of U2's releases, and can also buy tickets to concerts if they wish (but you can buy mine -- I dislike large venues).

You don't like what you call whining about being disappointed with the new album, but just think how irritating it must be for a fan to BE disappointed with the album. And then to be attacked for daring to express that....

I didn't think this forum was ONLY for ass-kissing the band.

I just finished listening to HTDAAB straight through (the REAL cd I BOUGHT) while drinking a nice glass of wine.

what a beutiful way to end the day.
listening to this cd is like sunbathing on the beach.

man, that chorus of yahweh is amazing.

I love the way the guitar line just rings against the vocal melody and that descending bass line.

ramblin rose said:
My favorite bass line is in AMAAW.

that is a great one too.

the thing I love most about adam's playing since pop is his TONE.
ya know what I mean? it's so deep, but simple and just feels like a cushion to lay in.
no other bassist in rock plays like this.

Does anyone know the kind of dancing that A Man and A Woman reminds me of? A bit vague I know but I can see people ballroom dancing to this. Does anyone know what I mean? :huh:

JOFO said:

that is a great one too.

the thing I love most about adam's playing since pop is his TONE.
ya know what I mean? it's so deep, but simple and just feels like a cushion to lay in.
no other bassist in rock plays like this.

Man i couldnt agree with you more...so simple yet brilliant. Fills out the music perfectly. I love your comparision to a "cushion" perfect!!

beli said:
Does anyone know the kind of dancing that A Man and A Woman reminds me of? A bit vague I know but I can see people ballroom dancing to this. Does anyone know what I mean? :huh:

I think Sicy is the resident dance expert...

I imagine a Latin dance; Bossa Nova? Baion?

I've only been here a short while, but this seems to be a free forum where all ideas are welcome - positive & negative. And that's how it should be.

Here's a pretty simple formula - if you don't like the content, ignore it. Grow some thicker skin.

I feel pretty confident in taking the position that if the internet was alive and kicking in '87, we'd have similar tones on both sides of the aisle. It's way too early to make any real judgement as far as I'm concerned.

I have faith in the band and their credo that they will always strive to avoid a poor, listless product. So far, IMV, they have lived-up to that credo with this album...

beli said:

I know exactly what you mean, I almost want to say it's like a tango (but it's not).

Renne said:

What... you mean hot and sandy, and if you forget to put sunscreen on you end up in agony?

:shifty:

more like the sea breeze blowing on you with a beutiful woman laying next you.
....or beutiful man, if you prefer.

I completely agree with the negativity around here being a total buzz-kill. It definitely makes this board difficult to enjoy.

I do think people should feel free to express their discontent, but it'd be cool if it could be consolidated into one or two threads so it doesn't bring down the people who actually really like this album. I won't happen, but this would give people a place to vent their frustrations, and at the same time give the rest of us a rest from the constant bashing.

mikal said:
i can't agree more. everyone has a right to their opinion, but man, it seems like the people who don't like the album are trying too hard to be noticed.

ever notice its practically the same people every time too hijacking the threads?

Maybe a Samba?

I know what ya mean Jofo. I've stopped checking this part of the board. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the new product. I suppose I could write an essay on the album and what I think it means and the parts I like the best, but I really don't think anyone cares (~cause I really don't care what joeschmoe #283 thinks...)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Seriously, didn't we already go through this last time?

It gets old, real quick.

go through what?

Back
Top Bottom