This place is becoming a drag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn not another of these negative posts, it seems to be catching on this negative lark. Think I'm gonna start posting some positives to cancel all these negatives man!!!:huh:

beli said:
Does anyone know the kind of dancing that A Man and A Woman reminds me of? A bit vague I know but I can see people ballroom dancing to this. Does anyone know what I mean? :huh:

:hmm: I'm in a beginners ballroom dancing class right now. Rumba might work.

rkman said:
I completely agree with the negativity around here being a total buzz-kill. It definitely makes this board difficult to enjoy.

I do think people should feel free to express their discontent, but it'd be cool if it could be consolidated into one or two threads so it doesn't bring down the people who actually really like this album. I won't happen, but this would give people a place to vent their frustrations, and at the same time give the rest of us a rest from the constant bashing.

There can be 100 threads "Best CD in the WORLD!!!!!" and then three "I'm disappointed in this album" threads and some people will be bitching and whining about how negative everyone is. Deal with it.

Just in case you're wondering how I like it...I heard Vertigo, wasn't too impressed, haven't heard the rest (heard whatever was played on SNL, but it didn't really register). I'll give it a listen later. But I do know what's it's like to love and also to hate releases by bands/musicians I admire. Just because one doesn't like a particular release doesn't mean you're a horrible naysayer (just as liking a release doesn't mean you're a blind follower).

indra said:

Just in case you're wondering how I like it...I heard Vertigo, wasn't too impressed, haven't heard the rest (heard whatever was played on SNL, but it didn't really register). I'll give it a listen later.

:lmao: :up:

see?? and they closed my thread cos noone would agree with me! I feel the same way its tiring to see the U2 album haters always posting negative shit. After all this is a forum for u2 fans not for u2 whinners!

indra said:
There can be 100 threads "Best CD in the WORLD!!!!!" and then three "I'm disappointed in this album" threads and some people will be bitching and whining about how negative everyone is. Deal with it.
Deal with what? People having negative opinions en masse around here? I wasn't exactly saying people should stop expressing their negativity.

People have a right to be as negative as they want around here, just as I have a right to be sick of it.

JOFO said:

I had to add to my post here, because I just find it incredible indra, that for the amount of time I've seen you spend on this board, you haven't checked out their first record in 4 years yet.

I'm really astonished.

JOFO said:

I had to add to my post here, because I just find it incredible indra, that for the amount of time I've seen you spend on this board, you haven't checked out their first record in 4 years yet.

I'm really astonished.

That's cause I sent all my money to Steve.... :ohmy: :rolleyes: :D

He needs it more anyway. :( :)

indra said:

That's cause I sent all my money to Steve.... :ohmy: :rolleyes: :D

He needs it more anyway. :( :)

Lillywhite?
McQueen?
Irwin?
Segal?

disco2blue said:
indra, how do you get pictures up like that, I don't know how... do I have to be a premium member?

- Nicholas

You do need to be a premium member to have a sig or photo at the bottom of your post, but you can put up and avatar (the little photo under your username). I think this is how you do it (I always do things like this by trial and error): click on User CP (at the top of the site), then click on Edit Options, go to the bottom and then just follow directions (they have a whole host of U2 avatars you can pick from already set up too). Hope I helped!

mikal said:

*spits water from mouth in laughter...*

now, that motherfucker COULD probably use it.

keep 'em comin

indra said:

Kilbey-meister

wooo....I did toooo many shots of kilbey-meister one night....

man, whatahangover......

Sadly, I don't think any of the Steve's you've mentioned need cash as much as the Kilbey-meister... :( :( Now I'm all sad....

beli said:

:up:

Although it is easy to mix Kilbey with Irwin :|

Steve Irwin dives off a friend's boat stark naked, straps himself to the bow of the boat, and screams "I am Helen of Troy!" as the coast guard (or whatever they are called in OZ) cut him loose and drag him to shore, too? Cool! :wink:

Last edited:
dabiggestu2fan said:
see?? and they closed my thread cos noone would agree with me!

I closed your thread because it turned ugly by the first reply.

As I stated in that thread:

"There's no need for bickering here. Debates are fine, but this thread doesn't look like it will be a decent debate. Besides, you don't like the negativity here, and this thread seems ready to spawn more negativity. I'm heading it off at the pass."

If you ever have a problem with a thread closure you would like to discuss, feel free to contact a moderator.

indra said:

Steve Irwin dives off a friend's boat stark naked, straps himself to the bow of the boat, and screams "I am Helen of Troy!" as the coast guard (or whatever they are called in OZ) cut him loose and drag him to shore, too? Cool! :wink:

lol. I hadnt heard that story. And there called the Coast Guard here too. Well the ones that rescue swimmers are. The ones that stop ships with naughty substances are called Coast Watch. | :|

Debate is good! We don't all need to blindlessly fall in awe of every song U2 releases. Like I read in another thread, it's much more fun to discuss a song or album with critiques than everybody just replying "I love it, it turned my day around."

beli said:

lol. I hadnt heard that story. And there called the Coast Guard here too. Well the ones that rescue swimmers are. The ones that stop ships with naughty substances are called Coast Watch. | :|

Well...I think that rescued swimmer might have just been full of a naughty substance... :ohmy: :rolleyes:

indra said:
I

You don't like what you call whining about being disappointed with the new album, but just think how irritating it must be for a fan to BE disappointed with the album. And then to be attacked for daring to express that....

I didn't think this forum was ONLY for ass-kissing the band.

It all how HTDAAB haters put there statements, they judge those who like a certain album, saying that there "blind fans". ITS BULL-SH--. We as U2 fans dont have to like a certain album, or like everything about U2, but just dont judge and make statements about the general U2 fan, and then we we wont get psst and attack them. Its all how they put there words.

Threads like this should be closed to make more room for the "what's your favorite U2 song ever" threads. Man, I never get tired of that one.

sixtoe said:
Threads like this should be closed to make more room for the "what's your favorite U2 song ever" threads. Man, I never get tired of that one.

don't suggest my thread should be closed.:grumpy:

It's all well and good to point out what you do and don't like in an album, but some people seem just set on causing trouble or dragging other people down into negativity. This is absurd. We're not talking about some fucking punk wannabe outfit who don't have a clue how to make music. We're talking about U2, indisputably one of the greatest bands of all time. If you want to discuss the merits and attributes of a song, go ahead. If you just want to be fucking negative and can't see the positives of music made by the greatest rock band still performing, go away. Open a LiveJournal, rant about how much you feel like Bono's done you a disservice by not making the album you wanted, and hopefully no-one will listen to you.

So, who here thinks that City Of Blinding Lights is incredibly well crafted and is a wonderful mix of U2's epic and anthemic sides?

JOFO said:

don't suggest my thread should be closed.:grumpy:

You tell 'em! :wink:

Originally posted by macphisto23
It all how HTDAAB haters put there statements, they judge those who like a certain album, saying that there "blind fans". ITS BULL-SH--. We as U2 fans dont have to like a certain album, or like everything about U2, but just dont judge and make statements about the general U2 fan, and then we we wont get psst and attack them. Its all how they put there words.

Certainly there are some people who are obnoxious in their posting style, and they are not limited to just those who dislike the new album. The key is to be honest about your views, but to also be respectful of others views too. I would actually suggest ignoring the really obnoxious people -- it's so much easier than getting upset about them. And there are people in this forum who do not like any dissent at all...anyone who dislikes the album (or any of their albums) is being overly negative to them.

As for the people who say "I hope the band isn't reading these negative comments" I post on a couple of other music boards and on one of them a friend of mine absolutely ripped a new cd. There were some songs she liked (a couple she really liked), but overall she was really disappointed. Now I generally liked the whole thing (plus it was only a month after the release, so how can you really tell how it's gonna shake out?). At least one of the band members reads the forum frequently and even mentioned her review in an interview he did a couple of months later. But when the tour came around we both got to go backstage and chat (in different cities...the two of us together would probably be overwhelming! :) ), because he knew we were both fans and care deeply about the band and their music.

And six months later when we revisited the cd, we found that we both really liked about 10 (of 14) of the songs...and I think eight or nine of them were the same songs!

Back
Top Bottom