this cracked me up...please read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
so i'm watching TV. and a commercial for some little chocolate chip cookies comes (at least that's what they looked like) on.

you'll never guess what they're called...

"bono"

i swear! i couldn't believe it. so i'll be looking for them in our local store. gotta taste the "bono"s!
smile.gif

------------------
"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

Bono & Cookies...

Does life get any better?????
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

that is seriously messed up. the cookies are called bono? maybe a slight misunderstanding, cause bon = candy in french... this just seems weired.

and this also just feels like spinning plates...but thats another story for another time... :p

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
that is seriously messed up. the cookies are called bono? maybe a slight misunderstanding, cause bon = candy in french... this just seems weired.

and this also just feels like spinning plates...but thats another story for another time... :p

nope. i don't think it's a translation from french.

it's just a brand name i guess. but what are the odds of cookies being called "bono"?
i love it!
smile.gif

------------------

Actually, candy in french is 'bonbon' (I know, Ricky Martin gave it another meaning)so I don't think that's what they were thinking of when they named those cookies!
wink.gif

"all your cookies are belong to me"

Is it just me that cannot make sense of this quote? Very bad english for a start! Someone need private lessons in English!

This will be such a hit with the ladies... I mean out of all of you who wouldnt want to eat bono?

LMFAO

Im sorry... hahaha

Originally posted by anitram:
BiscoitoBonoDoceLeite.jpg

BiscoitoBonoMorango.jpg

wonder if we could bring some to the show.
wink.gif

smile.gif

but the "bono"s i'm talking about looked different. like i said, little chocolate cookies in a little plastic bag.

------------------

I posted this once and I'll post it again. I've been eating those since I was 3 (not that I knew anything about the guy Bono back them) I'm 19 now. They are delicious cookies, they're made in Brazil, whenever I go I bring some back to give to my friend who is also a u2 fan.

Where did you see the commercial U2 girl?

Originally posted by anitram:
BiscoitoBonoDoceLeite.jpg

wonder if we could bring some to the show.
wink.gif

LOL!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!

rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif

Jaysus Pickles!!!!! I aint cracked up this long for feckin ages!!!!!

We all chew some Bono at the show!!!!!!

harhahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
I luuuuuuuv my car, shes my baby, my only baby.

Cars are better than men!

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 09-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 09-28-2001).]

Originally posted by mbi16:
I posted this once and I'll post it again. I've been eating those since I was 3 (not that I knew anything about the guy Bono back them) I'm 19 now. They are delicious cookies, they're made in Brazil, whenever I go I bring some back to give to my friend who is also a u2 fan.

Where did you see the commercial U2 girl?

in my country. Slovenia.

when i find those cookies, i will check whether they are actually made here or imported from another country.
and, of course, more details on what they're made of and the taste...

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-28-2001).]

mmm... i want to eat a bono.

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Unbelievable...I never thought I would see my fave cookies on this board, LOL

Yes, they are made in Brazil, by Nestl? do Brasil S.A. and those prices are in Real, not dolar, LOL

There are also another flavours: capuccino, hazelnuts and fudge, and yes, they are delicious.

My co-workers always do this trick on me: they buy the cookies and them start saying "I?m eating your hero"
biggrin.gif

And the moto of the TV commercials of these cookies are something like "everything that is good don?t last that long" and "it?s impossible eating just one". Got it?
wink.gif

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
maybe a slight misunderstanding, cause bon = candy in french...

Actually bon in french means "good" just like bono in latin means good.
So bon-bons literally translated means good-goods.

Wow they made it all the way to Slovenia! I love Brazilian chocolate. Anyways, I'm already homesick as it is, have stop checking this thread. But bom apetite.

Back
Top Bottom