The World Series concludes with Walk On! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
just a random experience I wanted to share :)

as I was reading things on interference...all of a sudden, that attention grabbing ring of Walk On caught my ear, and I went over to the TV as the ending credits concluded the MLB World Series here in the United States...but i just thought that was cool...while reading about U2, boom! I hear them on TV haha...

did anyone else happen to experience this?

Last edited:
After hearing City of Blinding Lights played for too many hockey games, and hearing U2 through so many sporting events, I have to admit payola comes to mind.

BonosSaint said:
After hearing City of Blinding Lights played for too many hockey games, and hearing U2 through so many sporting events, I have to admit payola comes to mind.

Music played during live sports broadcasts like that is payed for the same way that any public venue pays to broadcast music and that is through the ASCAP and BMI fees. They don't get specific permission for those things. It's just like a radio station playing the music. U2 would not necessarily have any idea that those songs are being played.

Dana

I understand how it works. It's not exactly rocket science. But when I think of something like City of Blinding Lights as being an arena song, I can't imagine anybody choosing it without payola being involved.:| :wink:

gabrielvox said:
The WOrld Series is over?

About time! I haven't been able to watch the Simpsons because of baseball in ages! :wink:

Yes they spliced and butchered it, it was weird :slant: but it was worth it to get the whole Bruce song and video. The best part was knowing that the FOX commentators were not talking anymore.

well first it was bruce..they actually showed clips of him singing and stuff like that..the band and all that...then the song ended and credits were still going, they played walk on but cut to different parts of song to time it right as the broadcast ended

Rob33 said:
just a random experience I wanted to share :)

as I was reading things on interference...all of a sudden, that attention grabbing ring of Walk On caught my ear, and I went over to the TV as the ending credits concluded the MLB World Series here in the United States...but i just thought that was cool...while reading about U2, boom! I hear them on TV haha...

did anyone else happen to experience this?

I was to busy blasting Dirty Water, Tessie, Shipping Up to Boston, etc.

But they did play a bit of U2 at fenway. Elevation or City made an appearance at probably 2/3 of the games this summer/fall, and Vertigo was the 2nd song for Gagne to come on to. (they've started playing 2 songs for each relief pitcher. Papelbon is Wild Thing then Shipping Up.)

That's cool! When I was in Dublin recently I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how many U2 songs I heard all over the place--in buses, elevators, stores, restaurants, clubs, pubs! It was great!

Back
Top Bottom