The Way It's Gonna Go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murray

Acrobat
Keep in mind, none of this is official, but I'd say, it seems pretty realistic.

September 24 - U2.COM changes into a for now, lo-fi, HTDAAB themed website with a full length clip of "Vertigo" and behind the scenes footage of the video. The cover of the "Vertigo" single is revealed.

October 19 - U2.COM hosts the "Vertigo" video for us to see.

October 23 - The cover of HTDAAB is revealed and 30 second samples of each song go up.

November 8 - The HTDAAB e-cards go up, in which you can listen to three of the songs in full-length from the new album.

November 22 - U2.COM totally changes and has everything the old one has and more! HTDAAB.COM turns into a direct link to U2.com.

Last edited:
I think I might abstain from listening to the 30 second clips. Anybody else going to do that?

I don't believe that we will be getting any '30 second samples' this time around.

i'd be ok without the 30 second song samples this time. i feel like it tainted a couple songs from ATYCLB for me.

mikal said:
i'd be ok without the 30 second song samples this time. i feel like it tainted a couple songs from ATYCLB for me.

Me too.. I prefer the old school approach of waiting till the record hits the shops. For a while when I heard the songs in their entirety, the 30 second clip stood out as a more familiar part of the song that the rest (does that make sense?!).

I wonder if U2 will go for an all-out promotional tour this time? By that I mean appearing on Top of the Pops, CD:UK, TRL, Farmclub etc.? That was a very un-U2 thing to do when ATYCLB came out. Maybe that's become the status quo these days?

Jim said:
For a while when I heard the songs in their entirety, the 30 second clip stood out as a more familiar part of the song that the rest (does that make sense?!)

Absolutely, same here! Moreover I over-expected something from a couple of songs because they had their most interesting 30 secs in the clip.

voxson said:

Absolutely, same here! Moreover I over-expected something from a couple of songs because they had their most interesting 30 secs in the clip.

exactly. for example, "in a little while" was tainted at first because i expected a big chorus, and when i heard the final version, i was like, wtf?

i love the song now, but if i hear a song early from here on out, it has to be full song, not a clip.

A lot of bands are streaming the entire album a few weeks before release nowadays, Green Day most recently and i know Coldplay did before their last album. I would rather have full song previews than the thirty second clips junk, but to be honest, i don't know if U2 will have either. Not having a clip before Vertigo has to be an indication that they want this thing to be absolutely fresh to the public's ears. Could be risky, but it seems like they are getting a buzz without having to release clips and instead showing off the songs to critics, radio djs, etc and letting them run with it. Plus if they are going to be in magazines such as Blender, Spin, Uncut, etc. before the album, that might be all the publicity they need. I don't recall them being in any magazines prior to ATYCLB, just a lot after it was released.

Yeah, I think it is a good sign that U2 doesn't want this album to be ruined by leaking. As much as I crave to hear "Vertigo," I don't want it to be leaked. And I DEFINITLEY don't want to "f" up their holidays. I think U2 know what they are doing and when are ears hear HTDAAB we will be blown away into an eternal daze!...so to speak...:huh:

Probably slightly less than an eternal daze, but i'm sure we will all enjoy it... Also, keep in mind that the Beautiful Day video premiered less than two weeks after the song hit the airwaves. I would expect the video to arrive in the first or second week of October.

Murray said:
Keep in mind, none of this is official, but I'd say, it seems pretty realistic.

September 24 - U2.COM changes into a for now, lo-fi, HTDAAB themed website with a full length clip of "Vertigo" and behind the scenes footage of the video. The cover of the "Vertigo" single is revealed.

October 19 - U2.COM hosts the "Vertigo" video for us to see.

October 23 - The cover of HTDAAB is revealed and 30 second samples of each song go up.

November 8 - The HTDAAB e-cards go up, in which you can listen to three of the songs in full-length from the new album.

November 22 - U2.COM totally changes and has everything the old one has and more! HTDAAB.COM turns into a direct link to U2.com.

this would be amaaaaaaaaaaaazing!!

whatever they want to give us in the way of clips, I'll be right there waiting!!!!!!!!!!!...even though I say I won't be...who am I kidding?

Nate Dogg said:
whatever they want to give us in the way of clips, I'll be right there waiting!!!!!!!!!!!...even though I say I won't be...who am I kidding?

whew! you sounded like richard marx for a sec.....

Back
Top Bottom