The Wanderer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earnie Shavers

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So anyway, it's about 4pm Sydney time and I've just been at a pub having drinks for a guy leaving my work today, and it's also St Pats Day, so of course the pub is all Irish/Guiness themed (and it's in The Rocks in Sydney for those fellow Australians here - so you can imagine) and they were playing, of course, Irish music. I'm there for a good hour before I hear a single U2 track. And you know which one it is? Well if you don't you're an idiot because the thread is titles "The Wanderer" and all. Anyway, it's fucking great. Really fucking great. Brilliant. Not only that, but The Siren came on after and brought half the pub to attention, assuming it was some kind of alarm. Fucking brilliant. I assume they must have had 10 "Irish" CD's in a stacker on random or something and that just happened to be the first U2 to come up (there were several others later).

In other news, how I'm going to get through the next hour of work, I don't know.

That siren is legendary. It should've been on the Best Of instead of "Electrical Storm."

No way! They would have remixed it for the Best Of. The Siren speaks to you on so many levels, they would have over-produced that feeling right out of it.

and by the way, anyone who wants to post us a file of that Johnny Cash tribute performance should go ahead.

I saw it live and thought it was indeed, tits.
But I have no copy of it, so I haven't seen it since.

Earnie Shavers said:
...Not only that, but The Siren came on after and brought half the pub to attention, assuming it was some kind of alarm. Fucking brilliant...

Thing is, I heard 200 U2 fans got seriously burnt thinking an actual fire alarm was the Zooropa siren ;)

THE WANDERER...great song on a great album...a perfect closer.
johnny's performance is like he is 'sawing himself' in archangel manner through the song. fuckin' brilliant. :up:

Back
Top Bottom