"The Sun The Moon The Stars"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Slow Loris

War Child
Greetings, funny humans. Do any of you remember the lyrics to this breezy summer tune? I was just humming it to myself the other day, and I wish you all could hear it with me! It might make the album, it might not. It's hard to say!

Mangos for everyone! Smooch!

The Sun The Moon The Stars

Piano intro verses

When we pushed ourselves over / When we swam further down under / And ran on through that oh so slippery way / It was the sun, the moon, the stars that melted away / The fire in the night that pulled our dreams away / Into the orange and the gold / Crashing against an open sea, an open sea / falling into your arms, not needing to breathe / These waves now come crashing in / Bringing me back under your skin / It was through your liquid shards / And the sun the moon, the Stars...

Chorus

And she finds her way just as you look away / You walk
on by in the shadow she kept for you / In the candle
she lit for you / In the ocean she pulled for you /
And she slips away.../ It was the sun, the moon, the
stars.../ Her eyes, the skylight in my afternoon / Her
hands, the hourglass of this moment / She shall not
pass, shall not pass...it was the sun, the moon, the
stars...never to fall through.../ No, she shall not
pass...

Verse

And so she goes as the eyes of the world are closed /
As the kings in high places lose control / the Earth
becoming the friend betrayed / a pearl in a sea,
not to fade / Below our skies, a world is still breathing / A firefly at dusk keeps singing...oh,
hmmmyeah...[scat singing (falsetto)]

Chorus

And she finds her way just as you look away / You walk
on by in the shadow she kept for you / In the candle
she lit for you / In the ocean she pulled for you /
And she slips away / It was the sun, the moon the
stars... / *scat singing* the skylight in my
afternoon.../ Her hands, the hourglass of this moment /
She shall not pass, shall not pass / For it was the
sun, the moon, the stars...

Reprise

Never to fall through / Never to die out / Never to
fall out / Never to drop out / Never to cry out /
Never to burn out / Never to fade out / Never to pass
on through / No, for this shall not pass... [scat singing]

Outro Verses

And sometimes I fall away against her night / Under
the crack that lets through the light / Pushed inside,
it's only of you / yeah, it's candlelight / Through
the window an explosion seeps in / And the lights in the sky turn dim / Beyond this silence I hear your cry / Yeah, beyond it all, the buzz of a firefly / And I fall away into those arms / Beyond the sun the moon and
the stars...

Registered Mar. 2001 and only 12 posts... I'd say that 'occasionally' is an understatement. So... who is this 'Slow Loris' character?:huh:

Someone save these lyrics so that when the album is out we can know for sure who this is. (If they're right: could be Bono. If not: someone with too much time on their hands.)

I kinda expected "The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars" to be a surreal piece...you know, very spacey and all that jazz :hmm:

Last edited:
lol. this is fun watching everyone go crazy over who The Slow Loris is. keep it up! i'm so entertained!

mikal-prefers cream and sugar

I would be shocked if any of the boys have posted in a band forum once in their lives. But what strikes me a bit curoius is how The Slow Loris got these lyrics. Made them up? Why woud someone go through the trouble? Well... maybe a dumb question given all the hoxing going on these days with the new album. Amazing how much time people have on their hands. But I'll continue to get suckered because I continue to lurk in these places and get my hopes up.

Hey... maybe it's the Edge's cousin!:huh:

-username

username said:
But what strikes me a bit curoius is how The Slow Loris got these lyrics. Made them up? Why woud someone go through the trouble? Well... maybe a dumb question given all the hoxing going on these days with the new album. Amazing how much time people have on their hands. But I'll continue to get suckered because I continue to lurk in these places and get my hopes up.

-username
Inspired lyrics don't take that much time, actually. Well, unless it's Bono. :wink:

These lyrics are quite Bono-esque, incorporating the same stylings, as well as the political romanticism we have come to know well. It's very ATYCLBish - not just in style - but in that it's very post 911, but it was written before 911.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
The Slow Loris is a type of animal that lives in places like Indonesia. Here's what they look like (note the human-like hands and fingers - perfect for typing :wink: )...

b7120.jpg

slow_loris.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom