The "Saints..." rocked!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Achtung Ya'll said:

You know what you must do!

And yeah I could see Bono readin' off the monitor. Kinda irked me b/c he made it so obvious. Oh well.

yeah that was really annoying. I love Bono but that was way to obvious. Damm learn the lyrics or let Edge sing them! Or make it less obvious by knowing some of the lyrics.

DPrinceNY said:

yeah that was really annoying. I love Bono but that was way to obvious. Damm learn the lyrics or let Edge sing them! Or make it less obvious by knowing some of the lyrics.

You Love Bono.. Oh Please, Let me know when you really love U2 so I can emulate you. :eyebrow:

what do you guys think of the look for Bono?

thought it was pretty awesome. even had the chains on....like it, glad he cut the hair, looks kind of like POPMART bono.

great performance. Edge was the man and the "saints" song sounded great.

II thought I had read here that Bono had gained a lot of weight, but he looked normal enough to me.

DPrinceNY said:

Bono's been reading a teleprompter for years.

beau99 said:

Bono's been reading a teleprompter for years.

yes i know, but never so noticeably. I was a bit surprised that he would do so at a such a televised national event. In any case it was for a brief moment and the show still rocked.

The performance was good...not great. It seemed tame to me with two huge bands not wanting to step on each other. Great idea though and it certainly made me curious as to what it would sound like and if they could pull it off. I think it shows that both bands are not only committed to a good cause but are willing to break convention in order to try something new :wink:

Not sure about the Popmart 'do :ohmy: Buzzzzz!

LyricalDrug said:
I thought they were awful tonight, but by U2 standards, of course -- which still made it fun to watch.

Go Saints!

Green Day was even worse. Billie Joe couldn't sing at all. :huh:

Here come the devils marching in not the saints.....it was a good performance had some great parts in it...the best performance U2 has done recently for a national audience was The Wanderer and they were practicing that one for a long time.

i thought it was a good performance...i really liked The Saints...Billie's vocals were not quiet on pitch during September and Bono sounded horribly raspy on BD...but everyone rocked on the Saints

blueyedpoet said:
i thought it was a good performance...i really liked The Saints...Billie's vocals were not quiet on pitch during September and Bono sounded horribly raspy on BD...but everyone rocked on the Saints

i cringed during Beautiful Day.

Loved this part from Bono, I agree Saints was best out of all the songs.

"We're livin' like birds
In the magnolia trees
Child on a rooftop
Mother on her knees
Her sign reads Please
I am an American!"

I also liked the House of the Rising sun bit from Billie Joe.

Last edited:
can anyoine stick it on you send it again
i'm in the UK and we can't download it here

Us UK fans can't get it!!!

channel 5 couldn't show it for some unknown reason and we can't get rhapsody cos it's american.

so if any nice US intereference user(are there any!!!:wink:) wants to treat us lot over here a link to the audio or video that would be rather nice!!!

Back
Top Bottom