The "New Best Of" Song Guessing Game!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Welcome to the new game where you try to guess which songs that will be on the new U2 hits compilation. The rules are simple, for every song that you guess that ends up on the collection you get one point. However, you will lose a point for every song you guess that doesn't end up on the collection. The game ends once the tracklist is finally revealed. I'll tally up the results and the winner gets the best prize of all: HAPPINESS!

NOTE: If you believe that there will be another new song besides Electrical Storm on the new Best Of, simply put "New Song 2" in your track list and you will receive a point if another new song ends up appearing on the album.

ANOTHER NOTE: We're NOT counting the hidden track here! So, if you think a song is going to be a hidden track, don't include it because once the song list is released, we still won't know what the hidden track is (or even if there is one).

Here's my picks (btw, I now do not believe that the ATYCLB singles will be appearing ont the album):

Electrical Storm
New Song #2
Mysterious Ways
One
Even Better Than The Real Thing
The Fly
Stay
Numb
Lemon
Miss Sarajevo
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun

I'll play.........

Electric Storm
New song #2
Mysterious ways
One
Staring at the Sun
Stay
Lemon
Even Better
Discotheque
Hold Me, Thrill Me.....
Until The End of the World
Gone
Mofo
Please
Fly

Swan269 said:
I'll play.........

Electric Storm
New song #2
Mysterious ways
One
Staring at the Sun
Stay
Lemon
Even Better
Discotheque
Hold Me, Thrill Me.....
Until The End of the World
Gone
Mofo
Please
Fly

Five songs from Pop...interesting......especially since Gone was never a single. But who really knows what could be on the new album?

Here I go again...but I changed my mind since I last posted! This is my final answer.... :yes:

1 Electrical Storm
2 Staring At The Sun
3 Lemon
4 Mysterious Ways
5 Gone
6 Until the End of..
7 Last Night On Earth...
8 Stay
9 Even Better Than...
10 Numb
11 Hold Me Thrill Me...
12 The Fly
13 Please
14 Miss Sarajevo
15 If God Will Send..
16 One
17 The Hands That Built America

I originally was going to omit Numb but I can't see Zooropa being represented by only 2 songs so I added it. I think the toughest call might be the POP tracks. I'm pretty sure there is a good chance of Discotheque being on there, but as I have stated elsewhere, it's probably what the majority of the public & press liked least about POP, so I axed it, thinking it may deture some people from buying it....probably not though. I put Gone in it's place, but who knows, Mofo could very well creep in there. I think I'm pretty much on the mark with AB & Zooropa. It's really the POP stuff I feel is up in the air...I hope they surprise us in a good way. Lastly, I'm guessing there will not be a bonus track since 17 songs are going to be on the 1st disc. Hope I'm wrong!
:sexywink:

Btw, I looked up some chart data yesterday and found that The Fly was a #1 hit over in the United Kingdom, so it should make it's away onto the new c.d. Wild Horses was a big hit as well, but I still really doubt that the band will want to include five songs from one album.

:lemon: I chose Gone because I know that the band really likes that song. Bad was never a single so they might just do it!

Bad wasn't released as a commercial single. However, it was a radio single and it did have a music video. Many bands release a song to radio (promo single) along with a music video. That's technically a single although you can't walk down to the store and pick up a copy of it. Gone, on the other hand, wasn't released to radio and didn't have a video if memory serves me correctly.

here is my guess

1 The Fly
2 Numb
3 One
4 Stay (Faraway, So Close)
5 Discotheque
6 Until The End of the World
7 Electrical Storm
8 Mysterious Ways
9 Lemon
10 Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
11 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
12 Staring at the Sun
13 Even Better Than the Real Thing
14 If God Will Send His Angels
15 The Hands That Built America
16 Please
(hidden track)
17 Miss Sarajevo

6-Achtung Baby
4-Pop
3-Zooropa
2-New Songs
1-Soundtrack Song
1-Passengers

besides the obvious single hits, I included UTEOTW, much like they included Bad, on the first Best Of. I feel like there will be a hidden track, so I just went with Miss Sarajevo. I tried to spread out the wealth among the whole decade.

Out of the 17 tracks (subtracting the 2 new cuts) leaves 15.
Of those 15, I would say that 12 of them are virtual 'locks' to be on the album. It's those 3, possibly 4 others that are confusing.

1.Zooropa
2.Hold Me Thrill Me...
3.The Fly
4.Lemon
5.One
6.Stay
7.Until The End Of The World
8.Electrical Storm
9.Gone
10.Even Better Than The Real Thing
11.Mysterious Ways
12.Discotheque
13.Staring At The Sun
14.Numb
15.Please
16.Ultraviolet (really hope they include this! one of their best)
17.New Song no.2

Whats The Story? said:
1.Zooropa
2.Hold Me Thrill Me...
3.The Fly
4.Lemon
5.One
6.Stay
7.Until The End Of The World
8.Electrical Storm
9.Gone
10.Even Better Than The Real Thing
11.Mysterious Ways
12.Discotheque
13.Staring At The Sun
14.Numb
15.Please
16.Ultraviolet (really hope they include this! one of their best)
17.New Song no.2

Ultraviolet is an amazing song, but it's very unlikely considering there's five singles from the album along with another sort of well known track (Until the End of the World). As for the song called Zooropa, I think there's a chance that it could end up on the new Best Of since it was the only actual hit from the Zooropa album here in the U.S.

WINNER: ME!!!!!!

Final Scores-

BigMacPhisto: 11 Pts.
Swan269: 9 Pts.
Hawkmoon1021: 9 Pts.
U2DMfan: 9 Pts.
Whats The Story: 9 Pts.
elevation2u: 9 Pts.

I guess my playing conservatively and only guessing a few songs gave me the win in the end. I only had one song listed that didn't end up on the compilation. I think a lot of us where thrown for a loop today once we found out that two ATYCLB singles along with "The First Time" are on the new album.

As I've said before in a few other threads, there's no need to worry about "Walk On". It was released as a single in 2001 and will therefore be on the Best of 2000-2010 album.

Back
Top Bottom