The first intelligent words to escape from Fred Durst's mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
speaking about the What's going On remixes.

bono did his
vocals this morning from france over the
internet and its sounds un fucking
believable!! that man is a living legend. he
has really tapped into the pulse of the world. its crazy for me to get calls at my home from 'bono from U2'. its like, "hello.....'hello fred, its bono'..(holy shit) 'hey bono, did you like the track?'....'its so real!! i hope you like what i did in the bridge'....(he hopes i like what he did?)'im sure its off the hook'..(he then plays me his vocals over the phone)..'oh my God bono, its absolutely perfect'. and that it was!! i cant believe how good that man is. anyway people, this track is gonna touch you the right way i just feel it in my heart.

To think, a bunch of you have been dissing Fred Durst...he's not so bad afterall, is he?

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

You're bitch?! That two-timing nellie...
smile.gif

------------------
It costs a fortune to look this trashy.

That's probably the first good thing I have ever known him to say.Fred has something in common with all of us.A great respect for Bono.

I don't understand how people judge artists and other celebrities by their like or dislike of Bono and U2.

I always thought Carson Daly seemed like a decently cool guy, based on interviews I had seen. He alwasy seemed very down to earth and cool. The fact that he liked U2 was cool, but did not make me think "Oh wow, Carson Daly is cool and not an enormous loser like I thought he was." He has a job and he does it, just like each and every one of us. I know that I, and I guarantee almost every one on this board, would take his job in a second if they were offered it.

Fred Durst...personally, I think his music sucks. I hate it. I like music that consists of tunes and melodies and songs and passion. I don't think the music of Limp Bizkit has any of this. And it's not because I am old or I don't like rap or white raprock. I am 24 and I love Dr. Dre and Snoop and even Kid Rock I find to be a pretty good singer/songwriter. They all write and perform great tunes. The fact that Fred Durst thinks Bono is a great musician does not make me like his music any more. As for him personally, he may be a great guy to hang with, as a matter of fact he probably is, but I still don't like his music...it doens't matter if he thinks Bono is "cool".

[This message has been edited by Hitman (edited 09-28-2001).]

I don't have any Limp Bizkit CD's or anything like that, however I respect that Fred Durst is talented in his own way, and I'm glad that he can make a living doing something that he obviously enjoys. I think it is also great to see him use his talent for a good cause.

It is really hard to judge somebody based on the type of music they produce. So far, Fred Durst has done nothing that I have heard of to make me think he is a bad person.

What may be the best about his compliments of Bono is that he shows respect to other artists, even if they don't make the same type of music he does. That seems to me to be a quality of a pretty decent person.

------------------

Originally posted by Bonochick:

I don't have any Limp Bizkit CD's or anything like that, however I respect that Fred Durst is talented in his own way, and I'm glad that he can make a living doing something that he obviously enjoys. I think it is also great to see him use his talent for a good cause.

It is really hard to judge somebody based on the type of music they produce. So far, Fred Durst has done nothing that I have heard of to make me think he is a bad person.

What may be the best about his compliments of Bono is that he shows respect to other artists, even if they don't make the same type of music he does. That seems to me to be a quality of a pretty decent person.

So Fred Durst Likes U2, so that means he's a good person? If he didn't like U2 he's a bad person? If Arthur Johnson, who plays blues on the subway in NYC likes U2, does that make him a good person, because he shows respects to other types of music? If he doesn't, is he a bad person? People have different taste in music, movies, books and art and it has no effect on whether they are a "decent" person. When I find out someone likes the same band, movie or book I like, I think "cool, we have something in common", not "cool, they must be a good person."

Originally posted by Hitman:
So Fred Durst Likes U2, so that means he's a good person? If he didn't like U2 he's a bad person? If Arthur Johnson, who plays blues on the subway in NYC likes U2, does that make him a good person, because he shows respects to other types of music? If he doesn't, is he a bad person? People have different taste in music, movies, books and art and it has no effect on whether they are a "decent" person. When I find out someone likes the same band, movie or book I like, I think "cool, we have something in common", not "cool, they must be a good person."

You missed my point.

I think ONE (just one...that doesn't make or break a person if they don't posess this quality) good quality of a person is to be able to recognize others' talent and give them credit...so I was commending him for that.

Jeez, I'm just trying to agree and say something nice about him!

That's it!!

I don't feel like arguing about it anymore.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 09-28-2001).]

Originally posted by Bonochick:
You missed my point.

I think ONE (just one...that doesn't make or break a person if they don't posess this quality) good quality of a person is to be able to recognize others' talent and give them credit...so I was commending him for that.

Jeez, I'm just trying to agree and say something nice about him!

That's it!!

I don't feel like arguing about it anymore.

Ok......

Didn't think it was much of an argument, but we'll end it there.....

My whole gripe was going back to Carson Daly, when everyone was like "Oh, Carson like U2, I guess he's not that bad after all..." Heck, even if Carson Daly hated U2 there was no reason to think he was bad in the first place. And the fact that he likes U2 doesn't make him good. He has taste in music just like everyone else. I'm sure there are serial killers that like U2...... So I took out my anger on Fred Durst and his..........

Originally posted by Hitman:

My whole gripe was going back to Carson Daly, when everyone was like "Oh, Carson like U2, I guess he's not that bad after all..." Heck, even if Carson Daly hated U2 there was no reason to think he was bad in the first place. And the fact that he likes U2 doesn't make him good. He has taste in music just like everyone else. I'm sure there are serial killers that like U2...... So I took out my anger on Fred Durst and his..........

Okay, I agree with ya there. I always liked Carson though, even before I knew he was a U2 fan. I think he's a cutie, and I read good articles about him. He always seemed like a decent guy.

And let's face it...you must be some kind of special person to be able to put up with screaming teenyboppers everyday! Wonder if one day he will just go nuts on them all...*lol*
biggrin.gif

No hard feelings, Hitman...I just get defensive at times.

------------------

I always liked Carson from his days when he used to DJ at KROQ here in California. Then when I saw that he became the host of MTV's new show TRL back in 97 I thought it was cool.

He gets dogged a lot in the press and by regular people, he was just elevated by the media and fans, I doubt he'd really want to be on the cover of TV Guide or dubbed a teenage heart throb. It all just came with the job.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I can't stand Limp Bizkit's music and I can't stand Fred Durst's public persona, but I've read a couple of interviews with him and he sounded a lot more intelligent than he may appear. I still gnash my teeth at the sight of him, though,
smile.gif

Originally posted by Diemen:
Ok, so he recognizes talent in other people.

Still doesn't make up for his lack of it.
smile.gif

LMFAO took the words right outta of my mouth

It shows how good a person Bono is.He has what dare I may call a universal appeal,dont forget if so many people of various backgrounds respect him so much, the man has got something.

------------------
THNIK

Originally posted by ishkash:
It shows how good a person Bono is.He has what dare I may call a universal appeal,dont forget if so many people of various backgrounds respect him so much, the man has got something.

I agree!

------------------
(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Back
Top Bottom