The chimes on bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackemlad

The Fly
Any one know how U2 came to add the chiming that rings through the intro and the rest of the live version of Bad.

First time I heard it was on Rattle & Hum, I presume they started using it when they toured UF. I can imagine the song sounding a little empty without it.

Any ideas?

Noticed the chimes too. They're also on Electrical Storm. They really add a richness to these songs that are deep in thought!!!!
:wink:

mackemlad said:
Any one know how U2 came to add the chiming that rings through the intro and the rest of the live version of Bad.

First time I heard it was on Rattle & Hum, I presume they started using it when they toured UF. I can imagine the song sounding a little empty without it.

Any ideas?

The chiming you're talking about it's on the original Bad (3:14).

Yea it's kinda round the 2nd WIDE AWAAAAAKE! But not really that loud. I guess they liked that part so much they decided to add it to the rest of the song? :hmm:

SunBloc said:
Noticed the chimes too. They're also on Electrical Storm. They really add a richness to these songs that are deep in thought!!!!
:wink:
As a B-side of the Electrical Storm single the original version (without vibraphone) of the song is included. It sounds a lot less good than the 'real' version.

Ive never noticed them on the album version. But then Im not a great fan of it so I dont listen to it that often. I much prefer the live versions.

I will have a listen now to find them for myself.

Thanks a lot

Wow! In over 20 years I never noticed that on the studio version. It would be very hard to imagine the chimes at the opening of the "live" version.

If I miss the start of the Wide Awake In America version, even for a split second, I will start it over.

Back
Top Bottom