The 80's: U2's Most Prolific Decade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The 80's: U2's Most Prolific Decade?

guill said:
You can't compare, after JT any new album from U2 was expected to sell 10-15M copies, they had more pressure. When you have 300 journalists, 40 tv, 500 radios and millions of people waiting for a new album and a new tour, you take your time to release a decent album. They even had to invent The Passengers to be able to play fun music and new songs without the pressure of "OMG, U2 is back !!!".

But the 91-00 decade was not desertic, they released 4 albums (AB, Zooropa, Pop, ATYCLB) + 2 projects (Passengers, MDH).
The 2001-10 period is so poorer in comparison, it's scary.

Very scary indeed.

prideofzootv said:
my bit has to do about the 80's because everything i stated was about U2 from the late 90's onwards, the 80's had the complete opposite,

Bono had a fantastic voice
Larry had some kick ass drum beats
Edge ran everrywhere he possible could,you would think he was spazzing out
and Adam sang!

Bono has a much better voice now than all of the 90's and in some respects even late 80's.

Yes Larry is quite boring now, but kept it interesting through most of the 90's.

Edge running around? Not sure what concerts you've been watching. It really depends on the night if Edge moves around.

And thank god Adam stopped singing.

But none of this, except for maybe Bono's voice, has anything to do with being prolific.:huh:

Hey.....its all good, Maybe us u2 fans have been spoilt over the years as, in my opinion, u2s "worst" is better than most bands best!!

I liked 80's U2 but the decade is painfully over-rated. U2 fans canonize 80's U2 like it was scripture.

:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom