Thank you & God Bless you all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
On behalf of all the Muslims in this forum, I would like to thank everyone here and send out my deepest condolences to the families of all the victims whose lives were lost and/or injured in today's tragic events. You are all in our prayers. Today was a terrible day and no one deserves to go through such a horrific thing. I want to thank you all very much for understanding and respecting the fact that the religion of Islam and most Muslims around the world do not support such violent acts. If Osama bin Laden and his followers are indeed responsible for today's acts, please be aware that they are extremists and our religion in now way whatsoever supports them. I am shocked and appalled form what happened today in America. I personally hope and pray that justice is brought to the people who committed these horrible crimes. Like everyone else, I would like to see an end to this insanity and hopefully have some "peace on earth." I realize that I have already posted a topic similar to this in another thread (the one about Osama bin Laden), but for some reason I feel a personal need to express my thoughts/feelings again in a seperate thread. I really need to get this off my chest. Thank you all for your patience and for taking the time to read this. Thank you to everyone in this forum for understanding the feelings of the many Muslims in here and around the world. And for anyone who continues to blame all Muslims/Arabs for these acts, PLEASE understand that Islam is a religion of peace and does not support the killings of innocent people. As Bono shouted back in Genoa, "VIOLENCE IS NEVER RIGHT!" Good night & and may God Bless us all around the world.

I understand very much that Islam is a faith of peace. I've done extensive study on Malcolm X and the change he went through when he converted to Orthodox Islam as opposed to Elijah Muhammad's Black Muslim Movement. Thank you for your kind words. I truly hope no one makes any narrow-minded comments about Muslims. Was Hitler referred to as a Christian dictator? He claimed to be Christian, but his views conflicted those of Christ's teachings. It's sad that so many people fail to see the millions of peaceful Muslims in the world, and only see the handful of extremist terrorists.

Myself a Christian, still I extend my hand to you as a brother.

[This message has been edited by UnforgettableLemon (edited 09-11-2001).]

U2One - this must be very difficult for you. I understand that this is not a faith-based thing, but the actions of a few evil people that has nothing to do with a specific religion.

It is my understanding that one of Islam's basic teachings is that to kill a single life is the same as killing all of humanity, just as to save a single life is to save all of humanity. Is this correct? I don't believe by any stretch that the actions of a single faction of people behaving like idiots in any way reflects the teachings of an entire faith or the feelings of an entire people.

Just like I have argued in the past that it is unfair to generalize the feelings of all Americans based on the words of the few.

In fact, we do not even yet know who is behind this terrible act.

God bless you and keep you.
{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Thank you sooo much for the the kind and understanding words. They almost brought me to tears. Hmmmm....i think the last time I was teary eyed was back at the U2 concert in chicago when they sang "Pride." Wow, that was a long time ago. anyway, thanks everyone!

BTW, what you said was correct, crzy4bono

I would just like to thank YOU U2One for speaking so elequently and with so much strength of faith and spirit. I truly admire everything you have said.

Keep on speaking your truth-it is DESPERATELY needed right now.

Back
Top Bottom